Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobalt on Cobalt C2 Targa ‘92

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 04:13 AM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

$1100 for Cup ones seems cheap, even for repros. With that black targa bar a set of Otto Fuchs with the black center and polished lip would be off the charts. Love what you are doing, paint appears in excellent nick, what a color.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:55 AM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Tire Rack pricing to Nova Scotia - $2450 Cdn

Originally Posted by Parman
Have you checked Tire Rack's pricing for shocks and springs? Mine were about $1200 six years ago.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:07 AM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Default Good to know

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
$1100 for Cup ones seems cheap, even for repros. With that black targa bar a set of Otto Fuchs with the black center and polished lip would be off the charts. Love what you are doing, paint appears in excellent nick, what a color.
OK, good to know that the repros are worth that much. The ones I’ve found include center caps and tires. Tires probably aged out but who knows. I like the offset on the repros as well... in pictures they seem to have just a little more aggressive offset and the 7 1/2 fronts allows good fit for 215/45’s. Very tempted to pull the trigger.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:13 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,322 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotiagreg
We cleaned up the engine bay and installed a new sound insulation pad. The old one was pretty rough and hanging down. The 964 engine bay is so much more crowded than my ‘85 or ‘68. Actually, every nook and cranny is more crowded! They crammed a lot of tech into this old G body.

Coming along nicely. Cobalt is my favorite metallic color but I'm a bit biased. When it is clean it really pops. Don't forget Porsche made an 85% change to the 911 for the 964 over the older G body cars. Far stiffer and so many improvements albeit at the cost of added weight.

If you can swing a system like MCS it is far better than the Bilsteins but you will be into a 2 way system for double. I would recommend against trying to use H&R springs with the Boge shocks. The dampening is all wrong and they aren't going to give you much adjustability in height other than the spring lowering.
The following users liked this post:
heliolps2 (01-03-2020)
Old 01-03-2020, 09:43 PM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Default Need a name for her.

I’m not 100% ready to commit to a name, but I’m strongly considering “Dory”.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:55 AM
farisad
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I just joined Rennlist and I would like to introduce myself and my project. I have just purchased a one owner, fully documented 1992 C2 Targa. It’s a ROW car that was purchased in Nova Scotia, Canada with European delivery. The car is very original and the previous owner and PCA member took good care of the car during his ownership. Unfortunately, during a journey 10 years ago, the car made some very bad noises and lost oil pressure. The previous owner pulled to the roadside and called for a tow.....

Suspecting a critically damaged engine, the previous owner decided to lay the car up for the winter season and diagnose and repair the car at a later date. That date never came and the car has sat idle for 10 years until my recent purchase.

I will I’ll document this cars return to full service. I will be counting on members of this forum to chime in with ideas and knowledge. My plan is to keep the car very close to stock in appearance with some minor tasteful mods. Where mods are done, all original bits will be retained.

Pick up day:

Pick up day after a 10 year hiatus.
congrats lovely color and ( some sort of barn find ).
update us when you can and HNY
Old 01-04-2020, 04:33 PM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Default Jan 4th

Made a little progress so far this weekend.

Old 01-04-2020, 10:52 PM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Default I stand corrected by Larry

It appears that I am Very, very Lucky! The issue was a seized oil pump. Because the previous owner immediately shut the engine off, it suffered minimal internal damage. But..... while it’s apart and because it’s a fairly high mileage car, it will get honed and polished, new bearings, rings, valve guides, etc. etc. etc.
Larry ( my guru mechanic buddy ) tells me I’ve not got it quite right on my explanation of the issue. Here a more accurate summary from his text:

“Started your blog, the oil pump didn't seize, the rod bearing went, allowing the rod to wear a hole in the side of the pump and lowering oil press not losing it.”

PS

Here’s the car Larry recently built for his personal toy. It’s a ‘74 with a 3.0L in the back. Very fun car.

We don’t all drive skidoo’s up here in the North. Ha!
Old 01-10-2020, 09:02 AM
mac109
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
I find it interesting that recently I have seen some Cobalt blue cars with sales receipts being charged for the cobalt paint. I have the original window sticker and sales receipt for my 94 and have seen others and they all show the option as No Charge. I guess it was possible to charge whatever you wanted back then. The few I have seen have been charged different amounts. I have a reliable source telling me that it was a N/C option at least in the US. I guess this requires more research. Cobalt is a rare color..
Interesting...documentation with my car shows a charge combined with Conv top color.

to the OP, thanks for posting your progress and love the targa.

Old 01-10-2020, 11:19 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

^^^ interesting

I was always told that there was a no charge for special order paints and a dealership could only order it with a deposit from a paying customer that is why most are standard colors like red,black, white etc. Up until recently I have not seen metallic paint charged for maybe it was optional or the selling agent was fluffing the bill. As you can see my car is Cobalt and is optioned at No Charge.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:05 PM
mac109
Rennlist Member

...maybe included in price of top of the line models and charged separately for "lesser" models?
Old 01-10-2020, 07:33 PM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Default The Cup 1’s

mac109

seeing your car on your post makes me know for sure I need the Cup 1’s. Your car looks stunning.

it’s only money.....
Old 01-10-2020, 07:33 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mac109
...maybe included in price of top of the line models and charged separately for "lesser" models?
Possibly.
Amazon was no charge on my 928GTS. Although the Tahoe 94 in the turbo forums shows a charge for paint as well. My cars were originally sold by Champion and Holbert Motors which were names known nationally back in the 80's and 90's, not sure that has any significance. Always something with these cars.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:14 PM
mac109
Rennlist Member

seeing your car on your post makes me know for sure I need the Cup 1’s. Your car looks stunning.
Thanks Greg. My previous 964 cab had D90's and I thought I liked them until I got this car with the Cup 1's. Previous car was totaled while I sat at a red light and it took me about 2 years to find this one. I'm partial to cabs (and targas) primarily due to the weather in Florida. I'm struggling with what to do here in Connecticut and can't imagine what it's like for you even further north.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:00 PM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Default Porsche Works delivery pricelist

Quick Reply: Cobalt on Cobalt C2 Targa ‘92