Sponsored by:

Cobalt on Cobalt C2 Targa ‘92

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 10:16 AM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Bad spots

Here are the spots on the drivers seat that need some dye work. Looks worse in the pictures than actual. The flash accentuates the colour variation.

The good news is there is lots of leather on the bolster, just colour issues.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:11 AM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Default Fun project - dead pedal

Still dirty but here is our attempt at building a decent dead pedal. The rubber we used is made to build soles for rock climbing wall footware. We made a cardboard template and built a bit of a wedge profile. Feels perfect under the foot.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:28 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotiagreg
Here are the spots on the drivers seat that need some dye work. Looks worse in the pictures than actual. The flash accentuates the colour variation.

The good news is there is lots of leather on the bolster, just colour issues.

That is odd almost looks like these were gray seats dyed blue. Usually the leather just shows through. I would try color plus.https://colorplus.com/ They can match your seat color although it is best to spray the dye for seats and best result. It is all about the prep work.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:00 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

The piping on the seats is correct for Cobalt, doubt if they were grey to start with but that sure is a weird way to wear.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:19 AM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Default Wheels have arrived

She’s got the wheels she deserves. I hit them with a little compound, then thinner, then touch up paint. No close ups until I get them completely refinished. I couldn’t help myself though, I wanted to see them on the car. Stance not quite settled after jacking each corner for install.

The following users liked this post:
911Jetta (03-15-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 10:15 AM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Default Major slowdown

Things have changed pretty drastically up here in Nova Scotia. We are in total lockdown. I’ve been readjusting my life to accommodate a “work from home” reality. Seriously, one person from the family goes out once a week for groceries and wine. That’s it. We are all trying to “flatten the curve”. It’s taken very seriously.

And the car is not on my property. Larry, the guru mechanic, golf partner, part time boyfriend has the car in his shop. We had been waiting on a new fuel pump that got delayed. Nothing is normal now in Canada.

Despite our sub-optimal conditions, the car has bee started and run in at about 2800 rpm for about 20 minutes. Runs great, sounds awesome! But most importantly the aggressive flushing of the entire oil system paid off. There was not a micro dot of anything metallic or even a tinge of metallic sheen on the oil plug when we drained the run-in oil. Yay!

We took the car for a short run down the road and back. What a sight.... two old fools in N-95 masks and latex gloves..... targa top out.... somewhere around 50 Fahrenheit. If it wasn’t all so tragic it would be laughable!

I hope all you Rennlisters are staying safe!

Here’s the oil plug after the initial run in.

Here’s Larry, new with batch of oil on board and just before we put on our N-95 masks and latex gloves and went for our historic and first “joyride”. The car is so tight! The roads are a mess as it’s barley spring and there are absolutely no squeaks, rattles of weird noises. The transmission shifts smoothly and the synchros seem excellent! Now we just need to get out of lockdown!

911Jetta (04-04-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 10:58 PM
Jarod964
Banned

Received 156 Likes on 80 Posts

Coming along very nicely - the Cup wheels make all the difference. I envy your DIY capabilities. Looking forward to following this one as progress continues!
Old 04-13-2020, 11:32 PM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jarod964
Coming along very nicely - the Cup wheels make all the difference. I envy your DIY capabilities. Looking forward to following this one as progress continues!
Thanks Jarod. I agree on the Cup wheels but not on my DIY capabilities. As I have said, my good friend Larry has all the capability. He reads my thread occasionally and he will definitely call me out if it seems like I am taking credit for all his great work. I buzz around the edges and do some stuff that doesn’t cost huge dollars if done wrong.....
911Jetta (04-15-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 11:38 PM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jarod964
Thanks Jarod. I agree on the Cup wheels but not on my DIY capabilities. As I have said, my good friend Larry has all the capability. He reads my thread occasionally and he will definitely call me out if it seems like I am taking credit for all his great work. I mainly buzz around the edges and do some stuff that doesn’t cost huge dollars if it gets done wrong and Larry needs to redo....
Old 04-24-2020, 12:23 PM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Default Seats coming along

We worked on the seats with a dye/repair product from Colourlock. I’m Very happy with the results. I have also just ordered the Colourlock leather protector product, not yet applied. Both products available on Amazon and the dyes come in Porsche specific colours.

heliolps2 (04-25-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 02:07 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Wish my interior was blue. Looks great.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:30 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts

yes, blue leather is trick...!
Old 04-24-2020, 05:31 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Fantastic results!

I’m also a fan of the blue interior although I would love it mixed with either linen or black.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:27 PM
Scotiagreg
Rennlist Member

Default Paint the hood

The hood needs attention. After apx 120k miles, the hood has had some glancing blows by more than a few rocks. There’s no corrosion but touch up paint dabs just won’t do. I hope we can get a perfect match on the Cobalt Blue. The galvanized metal looks factory fresh once the paint is chemically stripped off. I have also sent the Cup 1’s off for stripping and refinishing.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:05 PM
kreeshp
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotiagreg
I have also sent the Cup 1’s off for stripping and refinishing.

Are your Cup 1's genuine or replicas because they look a lot like replicas, which might influence your decision to refinish them. You might end up spending more on refinishing than what they're worth.

Quick Reply: Cobalt on Cobalt C2 Targa ‘92