Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

my 3L dyno

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 01:14 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=George D;12836244]Dyno chart on my motor when the motor had a Precision 6262 turbo, 3" exhaust, SFR Billett muffler, Electromotive EMS, modified SFR intake, SFR headers, 2.7 slightly ported head with stock 951 exhaust valves, 52mm intake valves, hot pink injectors, vertical front mounted intercooler, stock 968 hydraulic cam, etc. Thought this would be helpful as this motor is basically you motors twin.

The blue line is at 16psi and the red was at 23 using 100 octane pump fuel. The tq drop, after considering all potential possibilities - remedies - is the heads CFM capability. One of these days I'll have more work done to open things up. Trust me, you don't feel it when driving!!

I've changed the turbo to a TIAL/Garrett SS HTA wheel BB Garrett center 3582 - T4 oil/water cooled setup. The 6262 was their ceramic BB unit. This unit was OK for this motor, but too laggy for me. The TIAL unit has full boost by 3500rpm and the BOV actually opens at 900rpm from the turbo producing boost! I have a video showing this. I've had a few of these cars and the current TIAL/Garrett setup is much better sized for my car. We're installing the Snow Meth kit, and after tuning will likely have even better spool from slightly advancing timing. The current tune is rich for safety, and my catch can after a few thousand miles had about 1/4 cup of oil/fuel. Heavy smell of fuel from being tuned, on purpose, fairly rich for safety. The Meth setup will allow a much higher margin of safety and we'll carefully add timing during the new tune.

I have Mustang tuning dyno charts with the new turbo, but this was done at 13psi and shut down by 6k - we were only tuning but did some WOT runs.

I can PM them to you if you'd like to see them. This particular Mustang type dyno for some reason doesn't replicate real world road behavior. On the road, you have full boost around 3500rpm, and begins to build at 2K. The Mustang dyno charts don't replicate this fact. Have videos showing otherwise. As shared earlier, dyno's are only relevant if the operator knows precisely how to input the data. This unit requires the car's weight and other data many operators will fudge to "prove" their parts amazing HP increases.

You're going to love driving your car. When will it be delivered?

trailer should be going down this week but we will see by the way he is acting
Old 12-12-2015, 02:12 PM
George D
Drifting

For some reason I can't attach a doc when sending you a PM. Here's a Mustang "heart breaker" tuning dyno sheet using the WG spring only. My electronic boost controller wasn't working, but this was for tuning after installing the new turbo. Notice how much better the lines are from having access to an Electromotive EXPERT! The previous tuner from SLC had the EMS set to the wrong type of MAP sensor used on my car, and other issues. Mario shared he used about 10% of the units capability. Thankful I didn't drive the car much, and when did I was very carefully till I knew the tune was correct.

This Mustang Dyno is called the "heart breaker" because it reads about 25% lower than the Dynojet we use in Phoenix. A highly modified Mustang GT put down around 650whp on this Mustang and just over 800hp at the Dynojet we use in Phoenix.

I'll be in Phoenix for business on the 17th, and will take the 951 to the dyno. Like to see the numbers with the meth kit, spool, etc.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Mustang 12 psi dyno.pdf (281.3 KB, 91 views)
Old 12-12-2015, 02:16 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 345 Posts

Might I suggest you being at the shop when the trailer comes to pick up your car?
Old 12-12-2015, 02:25 PM
George D
Drifting

The dyno operator/sheet shows 12psi, but the TEC showed 13.2psi. The TEC is the accurate boost pressure. Even my boost gauge reads about 2psi higher than the actual boost stated when the laptop is plugged into the TEC. Higher on the gauge is better than lower!
Old 12-12-2015, 02:27 PM
George D
Drifting

Or have a trusted friend there. That's what I did when I had my car picked up in SLC.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:46 PM
George D
Drifting

OT:

Dyno chart from one of my favorite 2.5 951's back in the day. This car was a blast to drive - faster than the dyno sheet when compared to other cars with similar numbers, hence the nickname for these 951's - Underachievers. Only mods were exhaust, head work, tuning, stock injectors, and a K27/6 turbo. The goal with my current 951 is to replicate this chart, but with an additional 200hp...getting very close!

We were some of the first guys modifying these cars. Chris Cervelli - Technodyne - had a factory 968 Turbo motor in his track 951 with a 968 transmission. He won consistently for years, and the car was very reliable. Chris and Rains built some killer 951's back in the day.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
89 2.5 dyno chart.pdf (638.2 KB, 92 views)
Old 12-12-2015, 02:50 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
OT:

Dyno chart from one of my favorite 2.5 951's back in the day. This car was a blast to drive - faster than the dyno sheet when compared to other cars with similar numbers, hence the nickname for these 951's - Underachievers. Only mods were exhaust, head work, tuning, stock injectors, and a K27/6 turbo. The goal with my current 951 is to replicate this chart, but with an additional 200hp...getting very close!

We were some of the first guys modifying these cars. Chris Cervelli - Technodyne - had a factory 968 Turbo motor in his track 951 with a 968 transmission. He won consistently for years, and the car was very reliable. Chris and Rains built some killer 951's back in the day.
And now that is the 968 turbo engine that sits in my car
Old 12-12-2015, 03:29 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
And now that is the 968 turbo engine that sits in my car
Very cool! Chris took very good care of his cars! He always recommended keeping things simple - using as much OE as possible - knew the engineers at Stuttgart designed these cars very well. Too many try to out engineer them with their mods - with very expensive lessons.

Your car is one of the finest examples in the US. You may like this:

1994 Porsche 968 Turbo S Clone

The Drendel Family Collection

Estimate: $45,000 - $55,000
SOLD $72,600

Chassis: (VIN) WPOAA2961RS820772

http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/199...turbo-s-clone/

1992 Porsche 968 Turbo RS

Formerly the Property of Dr. Thomas Bscher and Lloyd Hawkins

Estimate: $250,000 - $325,000
SOLD $346,500

Chassis: (VIN) WPOZZZ96ZNS820065

George
Old 12-12-2015, 04:20 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My predictions.....thread starter will talk to a " expert"...said expert will "re tune" and add some additional snake oil hard ware and will produce a dyno queen whp the thread starter is looking for on the highest reading Dyno jet in the country.....thread starter will blow the motor shortly afterwards and appropriately blame Broadfoot.....all the "experts" on Rennlist will chime in despite most of them are challenged to change a fuse but are all "experts" on "tuning" and engine building in front of there desktop.

That is exactly how it is going to be played out,guaranteed.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:22 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
Very cool! Chris took very good care of his cars! He always recommended keeping things simple - using as much OE as possible - knew the engineers at Stuttgart designed these cars very well. Too many try to out engineer them with their mods - with very expensive lessons.

Your car is one of the finest examples in the US. You may like this:

1994 Porsche 968 Turbo S Clone

Estimate: $45,000 - $55,000
SOLD $72,600

Chassis: (VIN) WPOAA2961RS820772

http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/199...turbo-s-clone/

1992 Porsche 968 Turbo RS

Formerly the Property of Dr. Thomas Bscher and Lloyd Hawkins

Estimate: $250,000 - $325,000
SOLD $346,500

Chassis: (VIN) WPOZZZ96ZNS820065

George
Thanks George. I have been watching the market. Factory cars in original condition are changing hands at $250k+. One shows up every 4-5 yrs. I have made sure mine is insured at agreed value of at least 1/2 that. It would be impossible to duplicate it unfortunately.

My car has a lot more factory parts than the Drendel clone. There has been some funny stuff going on with its build details. All of a sudden, a lot more parts are being claimed to be factory
Old 12-12-2015, 05:31 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by docwyte
Might I suggest you being at the shop when the trailer comes to pick up your car?
I'm having my buddy go down with his 5th wheel trailer ... Little nervous hope they don't mess with it ...
Old 12-12-2015, 05:34 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pole position
My predictions.....thread starter will talk to a " expert"...said expert will "re tune" and add some additional snake oil hard ware and will produce a dyno queen whp the thread starter is looking for on the highest reading Dyno jet in the country.....thread starter will blow the motor shortly afterwards and appropriately blame Broadfoot.....all the "experts" on Rennlist will chime in despite most of them are challenged to change a fuse but are all "experts" on "tuning" and engine building in front of there desktop.

That is exactly how it is going to be played out,guaranteed.
No not going no to touch anything I want to drive it for a few thousand miles maybe even a year or two before I do anything else ! And if I do retune or do anything I know it's my fault !!... That's why I'm going to keep it as is make sure it's 100 percent even if it's not , it's not like I'm getting a warranty I'll be SOL any ways lol
Old 12-12-2015, 05:35 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Thanks George. I have been watching the market. Factory cars in original condition are changing hands at $250k+. One shows up every 4-5 yrs. I have made sure mine is insured at agreed value of at least 1/2 that. It would be impossible to duplicate it unfortunately.

My car has a lot more factory parts than the Drendel clone. There has been some funny stuff going on with its build details. All of a sudden, a lot more parts are being claimed to be factory
I h e a few photos of mine with yours a few years back on the Porsche cruise through best mountain !!!
Old 12-12-2015, 07:13 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 345 Posts

Cervelli is local to me and setup the suspension/alignment on my car....
Old 12-13-2015, 12:07 AM
Justin S2
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why didn't you go with michael mount or chris white?

albert seems to do great work but he can be a bit of a jerk. i also think his idea of suing people is ridiculous when all he does is bash liberals (he doesn't believe in freedom of speech?)

whatever, spending 20k on a 951 all at once is ridiculous. buy an n54 bmw and tune it a little bit and you get a lot more power very easily.

Quick Reply: my 3L dyno