Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

guru 364 or vitesse stage 2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 12:27 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is the 364 kit even being discussed? Isn't this kit about 9 months overdue? We've been reading about this kit as if it actually exists! People have been promoting it as if they have it installed already! If i'm right the only car to have it installed as a test mule smoked its motor. I don't know of anyone that has it or that can vouch for it so why are we even attempting to compare it.

How about asking between the vitesse or technodyne kit? At least these exists.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:39 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AlexE.

Consider yourself straightened out: John Caldwell has a Guru 364kit, and his motor isn't smoked.

:-)
Old 09-17-2003, 12:50 AM
AlexE
Pro

Originally posted by TonyG
AlexE.

Consider yourself straightened out: John Caldwell has a Guru 364kit, and his motor isn't smoked.

:-)
???? and who can buy one ?

Just 1 kit on the road???? EGAD lookout.......... a 9 month prototype LOLOL. You are better of selling the TonyG 400HPKIT... that has a better shot at making it on the market than the guru364kit getting on the market even with your shipping habits!!!
Old 09-17-2003, 12:50 AM
Dwayne Williams
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't think the Guru 364 kit has ever been "officially" released. There are a few folks involved in the beta program, but the kit is not on the Guru website yet. And the first discussion about the Guru 364 kit was back in Dec of 2002 with a projected release date of "Tentative availability date: mid- to late-Janunary 2003 !!! "
Old 09-17-2003, 12:51 AM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, Why do I feel like i'm the peace-maker?

Settle down guys!

The question was'nt "I need one of these kits NOW!!" It was simplily a pros/cons. Yes the pro is vittesse kit is out, the con is GURU's isn't.

Ok we got that, now lets all settle down and discusse some details here. Will the 364kit be superior to the stage 2 kit? What advantages does one kit have over the other (besides vittesse's begin out)? What does each kit include? Ect.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:52 AM
crazyracer
Racer

The vitesse kit comes as a bolt on. I only had to do minor fine tuning to my car.

Tony:

To me it is not important if I makes 500 HP at 2,000 rpm. To me it is imortant NOT spending days and nights trying to get my car run again.

Danno has promised me custom made chips and "it is sent out" too often, too much. He is not informing his customers enough about how to use the products he is selling, he is rather talking over their heads with posts on rennlist not many (I don't) understand and are also of questionable use.

I remember his endless 3 D maps for the turbo S and everybody thought how great the chips must be. And now? A new version each month and still no happy customers.

300 rwhp with a 26/6? That was the promise. After Travis toasted his car all was left where dyno sheets showing 240/250 on other cars.

John at vitesse sent me his kit, I installed the f...... turbo (a lot of fun as we all know), the MAF, the chips, hooked up the piggy back (I didn't solder the wires, I used the vampire connectors Danno is using and folded the tiny wires to get a good connection), adjusted the fuel pressure to 48 PSI at idle with vacuum line off and 55lb injectors, started the car and DROVE AWAY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2003, 12:58 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tony,

You're right, I stand corrected! For some reason I thought I read that the test car was a pretty high mileage car that finally let go.........

Truth is the kit is only eight months over due and was having some boost-control issues last month. It Dynoed at 309 RWHP @ 16 psi and they were planning hoping to pick up the extra 55 RWHP by adding another 4psi.

I'm sorry but I don't see the point of discussing a kit that isn't available and hasn't been tested. As far as I'm concerned until it's available for purchase the topic is moot and we should be discussing kits that are available.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:00 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by AlexE
???? and who can buy one ?

You are better of selling the TonyG 400HPKIT... that has a better shot at making it on the market than the guru364kit getting on the market even with your shipping habits!!!
Ouch!
Old 09-17-2003, 01:02 AM
AKS986
Instructor

I was lookin at the stage 2 on the vitesse web site, and im wondering what else you need to add to the kit to make it make that kinda hp, to me it seems that you would need more then a new turbo, MAF, and chips to make over 400hp. Am i missing somthing?? it would be great if someone could explain this to me.
thanx

shea
Old 09-17-2003, 01:13 AM
AlexE
Pro

AKS986

To get John's numbers you would need..........

- New wastegate, bov
- Race gas
- Turn up the boost
- And more than likely a metal head gasket

I am currently running 14psi and with the AVC-R I just installed is plenty of fun for daily driving...

The nice thing about the Piggyback in John's system is that you can log your own runs. Tuning with the kit is so easy.... I plug in my laptop.......... make a few runs in third gear and read my logs and do my adjustments on the fly. I park on the side of the road....... adjust my fuel ..........and run again. I swear half the fun is fine tuning the car.

I installed a 3" exhaust last weekend and tuned her again in a half hour....

You can literally make changes to your setup and fine tune again. In a windows environment.

I wanted was an out of the box solution and thats what I received.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:20 AM
AKS986
Instructor

thanx for your help alexE, sounds like the piggy back is quite a bit of fun. With the Vitesse stage 2 alone wat type of numbers would be expeted?
thanx

shea
Old 09-17-2003, 01:23 AM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

AKS, its on the website. Its over 400 at the wheels w/stage 2.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:23 AM
87951CJN
Advanced

Crazy,

I respect your opinion but I have to disagree.

I am a completely satisfied Guru chip customer and have had nothing but complete support from Danno. You also bashed him a bit in the Guru injector thread about subsituting Seimens 55# injectors in a sale when it states very clearly on his website that the 55# injectors he sells are Seimens and not Delphis and has stated it for quite a while.

Now I cannot speak to others experiences with his recent issues but I wanted to contradict the "still no happy customers" part of your statement. I am a happy customer now and expect to be long into the future if he can get past all this.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:28 AM
AlexE
Pro

Well....

Now that I have my AVC installed and my boost has stopped spiking!!! and my 3" exhaust in place (I had my cat in the car with the stock exhaust before) ............

I am hoping to get my stage II on a dyno before the snow falls........

Myswiss had his stage I kit dynoed.... and he obtained this.
Vitesse stage 1 (337 rhp and 306ft/tq at 17 psi

Old 09-17-2003, 01:33 AM
AKS986
Instructor

im tryin to figure out what it would be with the stage 2 alone, alexE had said
"To get John's numbers you would need..........

- New wastegate, bov
- Race gas
- Turn up the boost
- And more than likely a metal head gasket"
this would be why i asked what kind of power the stage 2 wouldmake ona stock car with no other mods

shea

Quick Reply: guru 364 or vitesse stage 2?