Old 03-18-2015, 02:23 PM
e34nication
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gruhsy
I will be as soon as I get the new DMe
Will be interesting to see the overlay.

Originally Posted by Chuck Henry
Mine didn't run worth a crap before, so it wouldn't have been a fair/useful number.
That makes sense.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:32 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an overlay of the A-Tune vs M-Tune. Same car, same dyno, same hour even.
I'll post it up tonight.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:48 PM
e34nication
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
I'll post it up tonight.
I'd love to see it. My car is going in tomorrow morning for a baseline prior to M-Tune install... which will hopefully happen next week. Plan to get it back on the same dyno, same time of day for the comparison.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:44 PM
Dan Martinic
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
I'll post it up tonight.
What ever happened to this? I'd love to see it! I am picking up a used A-Tune this week... first ever chip mod
Old 03-13-2019, 10:46 AM
dga
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd be curious to see A-tune vs M-tune comparison as well.
BTW, I just installed my M-tune (because got a bigger turbo), replacing my prior A-tune.

So my prior A-tune is for sale...its about a year old for a stock '85 951. Have A-tune chip and a brand new MAP (the one that came with the M-tune which I never used).
PM me...
Old 03-13-2019, 11:56 AM
Dan Martinic
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by dga
I'd be curious to see A-tune vs M-tune comparison as well.
BTW, I just installed my M-tune (because got a bigger turbo), replacing my prior A-tune.

So my prior A-tune is for sale...its about a year old for a stock '85 951. Have A-tune chip and a brand new MAP (the one that came with the M-tune which I never used).
PM me...
Oh wow--last week I got call from a local guy (I think he's active here--I'll have to ask) would I like the A-tune he installed last year. I'm picking it up tomorrow! Funny how things come all at once

And if this is you "M", good one
Old 03-14-2019, 07:16 AM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I have one of the original MTunes and it is awesome. Each car is different and many require chip remapping for various reasons. Altitude also comes into play and the FQS is another item to consider. It took 3 or 4 remaps to get mine perfect. I also run very rich by the FQS adjustments. If I recall, I am 6% rich with timing advanced. I think it is 3 from zero on the FQS. I run from 15 to 21 lbs of boost , mostly 17 lbs around town. The car is a beast and can run all day without issues. Contact Josh if you can, he is far better than anyone else with this product. Or contact dave lindsey and have them do the remapping if they know how to. Every car is different and it may take a few times to get it right. If you can't get remapping done, this product is not going to work correctly until such time it is remapped.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:44 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephencs601
I have one of the original MTunes and it is awesome. Each car is different and many require chip remapping for various reasons. Altitude also comes into play and the FQS is another item to consider. It took 3 or 4 remaps to get mine perfect. I also run very rich by the FQS adjustments. If I recall, I am 6% rich with timing advanced. I think it is 3 from zero on the FQS. I run from 15 to 21 lbs of boost , mostly 17 lbs around town. The car is a beast and can run all day without issues. Contact Josh if you can, he is far better than anyone else with this product. Or contact dave lindsey and have them do the remapping if they know how to. Every car is different and it may take a few times to get it right. If you can't get remapping done, this product is not going to work correctly until such time it is remapped.
Lindsey's version is different from the old version of mtune. It seems most complaints come from the Lindsey version. I tried everything to get lr mtune to work properly but in the end I still had idle, warmup, and running oddities that annoyed me. I recently bought vitesse vmaf+ and will be doing a comparison on the same car to see how it is. My initial impression on comparing the kits uninstalled is that mtune seems to be a an imitation of vitesse's product, or at least to some degree. One thing to note using the loggers for both systems is that the vitesse logger software application is made from scratch where rogues piggybacks off 3rd party software tunerpro. Where both loggers seem similar in what they can do, I can't help but feel odd about paying to use free demo software even if the data stream is still pioneered.

Last edited by mahoney944; 03-14-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Installing my M-Tune, a couple quick questions