Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey racing experience....

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 05:28 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So a 17 year old is ranting on a trusted vendor.....not knowing Tim McV is pure ignorance... I hope Lindsey will never ever sell this idiot a thing.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:04 PM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
So a 17 year old is ranting on a trusted vendor.....not knowing Tim McV is pure ignorance... I hope Lindsey will never ever sell this idiot a thing.
Name calling, very mature, your response shows the manner of which your regard people that don't hold your ideology or beliefs.

Narrow-minded, stiff-necked simian.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:41 PM
fiily
Pro

I can continue on and on with all. I expressed my thoughts, apologized, but instead this has occurred since then from such highly esteemed rennlist members:

Last edited by fiily; 12-18-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fiily
I can continue on and on with all. I expressed my thoughts, apologized, but instead this has occurred since then from such highly esteemed rennlist members:

Look, I don't know you so just take this as me giving you some friendly advice. You obviously felt scorned enough to make a big to do out of this, but as you've seen, we protect people and vendors here who support the community as a whole, this isn't a mustang or a honda forum. You are pissing off a lot of people here who you might need one day, so my friendly suggestion to you is, if you wish to continue to be a part of this community and receive help, pars, ect from other members, you should buy a rennlist membership first off, you should apologize again to everyone you've rubbed the wrong way here, and stop posting in this thread.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:38 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by Dougs951S
Look, I don't know you so just take this as me giving you some friendly advice. You obviously felt scorned enough to make a big to do out of this, but as you've seen, we protect people and vendors here who support the community as a whole, this isn't a mustang or a honda forum. You are pissing off a lot of people here who you might need one day, so my friendly suggestion to you is, if you wish to continue to be a part of this community and receive help, pars, ect from other members, you should buy a rennlist membership first off, you should apologize again to everyone you've rubbed the wrong way here, and stop posting in this thread.
Hi Doug,

I apologized in a previous post, but to my dismay, people continued badgering. They said apologize, I did, they said not good enough. I will defend myself at the risk of alienating folks, I stopped a while ago, but people couldn't so it continued.

I have been courteous and a gentleman to anyone I have bought parts from here or elsewhere, or opened a thread asking questions, or posted within this forum.

You PM'ed me earlier about purchasing an item you had for sale, did I offend you in that exchange?

This "gang" mentality is what is offensive, again people have their views, opinions, and beliefs.

I respect everyone's opinions, view or beliefs, but when mine are not respected, you demand me to shut up and take it like a man.

How convenient.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:41 PM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Doug,

I apologized in a previous post, but to my dismay, people continued badgering. They said apologize, I did, they said not good enough. I will defend myself at the risk of alienating folks, I stopped a while ago, but people couldn't so it continued.

I have been courteous and a gentleman to anyone I have bought parts from here or elsewhere, or opened a thread asking questions, or posted within this forum.

You PM'ed me earlier about purchasing an item you had for sale, did I offend you in that exchange?

This "gang" mentality is what is offensive, again people have their views, opinions, and beliefs.

I respect everyone's opinions, view or beliefs, but when mine are not respected, you demand me to shut up and take it like a man.

How convenient.
No, I was certainly not offended, nor am I telling you to shut up. You may see it that way, but be assured the connotation is very much different. Please understand when I say this, from my point of view I believe what bothered several people was the fact that they took your apology as something along the lines of "I'm sorry, but I'm still right and you are wrong" and lets be honest, there isnt any place on earth where; as adults; that is considered adequate. That is all honestly moot, this is now less about right or wrong; sure as hell not about 11 dollars at this point; but about perceptions. Despite how the internet tends to make people feel, especially here compared to anywhere else; this forum is very much very public and close knit. Everyone here knows everyone else for the most part. You mistake that for a gang mentality, that is not the case. I wont say anything more, I think I've made my point, no offense meant what so ever.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:48 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by Dougs951S
No, I was certainly not offended, nor am I telling you to shut up. You may see it that way, but be assured the connotation is very much different. Please understand when I say this, from my point of view I believe what bothered several people was the fact that they took your apology as something along the lines of "I'm sorry, but I'm still right and you are wrong" and lets be honest, there isnt any place on earth where; as adults; that is considered adequate. That is all honestly moot, this is now less about right or wrong; sure as hell not about 11 dollars at this point; but about perceptions. Despite how the internet tends to make people feel, especially here compared to anywhere else; this forum is very much very public and close knit. Everyone here knows everyone else for the most part. You mistake that for a gang mentality, that is not the case. I wont say anything more, I think I've made my point, no offense meant what so ever.
Doug I appreciate your honesty, thanks much. Please accept my apology for being confrontational.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:14 PM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lindsey Racing is an asset to out community. Yes some of thier products are not the best. Yes if they offered usps shipping it would be much better for us. They ARE innovative, and very importantly incredibly supportive of our 944/951/968. Bottom line? If they folded like gomes and milledge which most of us couldn't afford anyway... where would we be? Dave at CEP made good stuff... but was terrible at customer servive. Same for Tim at SFR.. .. even chris white has more pressing business. Wheres technodyne? Or Huntley or anderson motorsports. (Thank god they are gone.) Or powerhaus, or Garrity? I'm glad Lindsey is still here.... shipping costs be dammed.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:56 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hot-J
Lindsey Racing is an asset to out community. Yes some of thier products are not the best. Yes if they offered usps shipping it would be much better for us. They ARE innovative, and very importantly incredibly supportive of our 944/951/968. Bottom line? If they folded like gomes and milledge which most of us couldn't afford anyway... where would we be? Dave at CEP made good stuff... but was terrible at customer servive. Same for Tim at SFR.. .. even chris white has more pressing business. Wheres technodyne? Or Huntley or anderson motorsports. (Thank god they are gone.) Or powerhaus, or Garrity? I'm glad Lindsey is still here.... shipping costs be dammed.
+1
Couldn't have said it better. My point all along.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Cyril
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just received a 3K$ order from Lindsey.
Shipping was 98$ for 3 big boxes and 2 different shipping (UPS). Definitely reasonable!

My experience:
Excellent customer service. Thank you Dave btw!
Shipping was on time
Packaging and parts were perfect.

Great experience and great vendor!

BTW, I order a lot of stuff from different vendors and Lindsey is one of the best of them.
I will not hesitate to recommend and support them.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:29 PM
944Phil
Racer

Originally Posted by Cyril
I just received a 3K$ order from Lindsey. Shipping was 98$ for 3 big boxes and 2 different shipping (UPS). Definitely reasonable! My experience: Excellent customer service. Thank you Dave btw! Shipping was on time Packaging and parts were perfect. Great experience and great vendor! BTW, I order a lot of stuff from different vendors and Lindsey is one of the best of them. I will not hesitate to recommend and support them.
Cyril, do you clear the customs fees on the items yourself? UPS has expensive brokerage fees.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:19 PM
Cyril
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Phil, I use Freeport Forwarding.
UPS brokerage fees are insane.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:09 PM
944Phil
Racer

Ah ok me too. I have some stuff there right now.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:01 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

So I needed a banjo bolt and 2 new copper crush washers for my 951 intake and found Lindsey had them stocked.

$12 for the 2port banjo bolt and $1/ea. for the copper crush washers, price is right for me.

$11.15 shipping for a 2oz bag, outrageous!!! UPS shipping ground to boot, not a priority overnight shipment.

I ship out plenty of stuff and I have never bamboozled people for 900% markup, c'mon Linsdey Racing.

Treat people right, and they tell 2 people. Treat people wrong, they tell 10 people about their negative experience.

Just blows my mind still.

Sorry about the rant, but this is why I try to buy used off forums and keep the regular folks going, and not feed the machine.
Not to beat a dead horse...

You must realize that Lindsey doesn't set the rates for shipping - UPS does. Want more value for your shipping $? I suggest you order more!

Be thankful there are vendors out there that will offer us the opportunity to purchase parts for (wait for it...) German high performance cars that are 25+years old!

Of course, as always - YMMV.

Quick Reply: Lindsey racing experience....