Lindsey racing experience....

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 11:43 PM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=fast924S;11882027][QUOTE=fiily;11882013]
Originally Posted by fast924S
I love how Fiily is trying to tell LR how to run their business.

Try using that "critical thinking" next time your selecting your shipping
Agreed. I have worked for companies that have done the status quo for many years and never realized the rut they are in.

New idea's and processes bring change, and sometimes that change is met with resistance, as is the case here.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:54 AM
Tsmith84
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=fiily;11882035][QUOTE=fast924S;11882027]
Originally Posted by fiily

Agreed. I have worked for companies that have done the status quo for many years and never realized the rut they are in.

New idea's and processes bring change, and sometimes that change is met with resistance, as is the case here.
Will $5 make you full again and stop whining about something so miniscule? I will PayPal you the $5 if you quit bashing a valuable resource for a cost of doing business that is out of their hand.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:00 AM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Tsmith84;11882191][QUOTE=fiily;11882035]

Will $5 make you full again and stop whining about something so miniscule? I will PayPal you the $5 if you quit bashing a valuable resource for a cost of doing business that is out of their hand.
+++
Old 12-17-2014, 01:26 AM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=glen2002;11881963]Mike, Dave and Tracy, a thread like this just reminds me to say thanks for the great service you provide. QUOTE]

I wanted to marry Tracy, but she hasn't got back to me yet.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:46 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Well Fiily when you buy the LR company from Mike, you can offer all kinds of innovation and implement them, but it in the mean time grab a cup of concrete.

It's $11 and to be honest a complete joke that you have bought a Porsche and are complaining about chump change. Looks like your plan for getting charged $5 too much, has backfired, as you don't have the ability to turn anyone away from what we all know is a great business. Next time use your powers as a consumer(giving bad feedback) on a more worthy cause and you might have a chance, but the great injustice that $5 has caused, and attacking an honest business, just makes you look pathetic
Old 12-17-2014, 06:54 AM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 409 Posts

Look on it from the bright side. We in europe when ordering from usa must pay on average ~$50 shipping for everything over 2kg.

Then when it arrives, customs hold it until you pay tax (22%) and customs (3%) on value of original item + price of shipping.

So if something costs $100 + shipping = $150 + 22% +3% +$4 customs handling = $191.5
Old 12-17-2014, 10:06 AM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adrial
Also ... 944online only charges $7 for shipping for small items. And they have the banjo bolt.

http://www.944online.com/cgi-bin/ASI...skukey_1000323

Lindsey sells a lot of large items so its not surprising to me that they are not optimized for getting small items out the door for cheap.
Actually, we use USPS on a daily basis. Some days a pile waiting for the driver. We even throw stamps on envelopes if we think they won't destroy it in transit. The web site offers and uses a service that is trackable, has a 99.9999% delivery success rate, and we are never dealing with claims. We have 2 or 3 claims going on right now with USPS. PITA! USPS has size restrictions that are not workable on our parts and there is no way to make that seamless on our site. So we use one that is.

That part from Ian is not the same part. That's the single port banjo bolt. I don't believe they offer the two port. Likely because Porsche cannot identify the part in their system or at least that was our experience. We sourced it out elsewhere so it would be available. Not sure anybody else carries it.
Other 1-405-947-0137

Last edited by Mike Lindsey; 12-17-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:34 AM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
you guys want to know something about Lindsey that I learned first hand. I have been selling 951 parts since 2003, I am probably the original 951 wrecking co, but no other USED parts made by ANY other vendor retail as high as LR products, I have verified this fact over and over again, if I see a modded 951 with a lot of LR parts Iam all over because they keep their value up to 80% of their original price. Amazing isn't?
Lart, that is very interesting. We don't see many of our parts in the used market either. We are always buying intercoolers, wastegates, cross members and crossovers on Ebay. Many from you. Doing searches for them it's very rare to see one our ours. Very rare. Considering how many we sell, that always seemed odd. Maybe you just answered that mystery for us. Thanks for that input. Nice to know. We may have to quote you sometime.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:54 AM
67King
Race Car

[QUOTE=Tsmith84;11882191][QUOTE=fiily;11882035]

It sure would be a shame if he were put on ignore by some of the more knowledgeable people here, wouldn't it?
Old 12-17-2014, 11:03 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mike Lindsey
Actually, we use USPS on a daily basis. Some days a pile waiting for the driver. We even throw stamps on envelopes if we think they won't destroy it in transit. The web site offers and uses a service that is trackable, has a 99.9999% delivery success rate, and we are never dealing with claims. We have 2 or 3 claims going on right now with USPS. PITA! USPS has size restrictions that are not workable on our parts and there is no way to make that seamless on our site. So we use one that is.
Are you saying that someone could pick up the phone and give you a call to request USPS shipping for their small items?

That part from Ian is not the same part. That's the single port banjo bolt. I don't believe they offer the two port. Likely because Porsche cannot identify the part in their system or at least that was our experience. We sourced it out elsewhere so it would be available. Not sure anybody else carries it.
You're right, plus your price for the single port is very good.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:06 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

[QUOTE=fiily;11882035][QUOTE=fast924S;11882027]
Originally Posted by fiily

You think someone trash talking them on a forum is going to bring about change? Get a clue. You'd need to know a lot more about their business and their sales to give educated advice.

Plus this thread served as free advertising for them so...
Old 12-17-2014, 11:19 AM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

I needed some parts for my Lindsey fuel rail and i ordered on Monday morning and mentioned to Traci Ingram,the "real brain" behind Lindsey ( they would be helpless without her ) that i was leaving Thursday afternoon for a three day race weekend and she made sure i got my parts the next day with DHL overnight shipping to Canada ...

They will go out of their way to help you out and make sure that you get your parts in the most convenient manner for you.
Anyhow,i got my adjustable fuel pressure regulator,made it to the dyno for tuning and had a great three day race weekend,thanks mostly to them.

Cheers
Phil

This is transcribed from my Pelican post ... on the other hand if somebody is concerned about an $11.00 shipping charge for a part they need for their Porsche,perhaps they're driving the wrong kind of car ... just sayin !!!
Old 12-17-2014, 11:42 AM
Joel8005
Burning Brakes

Another stupid thread by an otherwise clueless person, not to mention he took the time to post it on Pelican.

The folks at Lindsey are first rate vendors and go out of their way to help and support this community.

Cheers,
Old 12-17-2014, 11:51 AM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joel8005
Another stupid thread by an otherwise clueless person, not to mention he took the time to post it on Pelican.

The folks at Lindsey are first rate vendors and go out of their way to help and support this community.

Cheers,
Never did I bash their service, parts, or what the offer to the porsche community. Your point is off the mark, your remarks are lacking any basis for rebuttal.

Shipping was my gripe, so keep drinking the punch and keep your hatred to yourself.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:06 PM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have done a lot of business over the years with Lindsey and they have worked very hard to provide good customer service, solve problems and get things to me in a hurry to make it to a race. Lindsey demonstrates competence and continuing improvement. They run a nice show.

Most consumers (including most of my customers) are clueless about the reality of running a business and the cost involved.

Quick Reply: Lindsey racing experience....