Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New TIAL GTX (Garrett center dual BB)3582 R Stainless V Band

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 04:08 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thom
Funny how some builders boast about their turbos being better than others without backing their claims by at leat publishing their compressor maps. Just saying.
A compressor plotting is expensive

B there are only a handful of companies that actually can do it
Old 12-06-2014, 10:51 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm still pretty happy with my old Holset. I love reading about all the newer tech, but me and the old girl have just had too much fun together to give up on her. I'll admit though, that I Definately don't need quicker spool or better efficiency. It smokes the tires at will and my intake temps are excellent. I just don't see a reason to change it?
Old 12-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Tsmith84
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blown 944
I'm still pretty happy with my old Holset. I love reading about all the newer tech, but me and the old girl have just had too much fun together to give up on her. I'll admit though, that I Definately don't need quicker spool or better efficiency. It smokes the tires at will and my intake temps are excellent. I just don't see a reason to change it?
You need more tire. That way you break your tranny even sooner.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by pole position
A compressor plotting is expensive

B there are only a handful of companies that actually can do it
I feel so sorry about these poor companies that cannot afford to plot their compressors yet keep telling you their turbo is better than others.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:36 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Thom
I feel so sorry about these poor companies that cannot afford to plot their compressors yet keep telling you their turbo is better than others.
If you search hta vs gt or gtx. you can actually see companies do back to back dyno runs texting the turbos.

The fact is, a lot of smaller companies have better products than the larger ones.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:14 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Dyno sheets are only the tip of the iceberg as far as "full" results are concerned, especially considering that little of what is seen on modern platforms can be directly transposed on our antiquated engines. Btw I am not saying which turbo is or is not better, but just curious about actual turbo data that may back up some claims.

I would be happy to test a HTA3582R myself and compare it with the GTX3076R and GTX3576R I have run so far.

Quick Reply: New TIAL GTX (Garrett center dual BB)3582 R Stainless V Band