WTAC 944 turbo (333pg333) now on Jalopnik

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 09:34 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubai944
My philosophy is when the flag drops, the bullish*t stops. Anyone who criticises my car can line up next to me on the track.
+1
Old 12-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Dubai944
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
. Opinions are like a... Everybody has one right?
haha..I didn't realise I was quoting Lart when I posted. Great minds think alike… but no idea what the reason was in this case!
Old 12-30-2013, 12:39 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

I actually didn't do a detailed bit by bit build thread as I'd already posted stuff about previous versions of this car and my perception was that the general feeling around the place was a bit overdone on my stuff. That I have contradicted this sentiment once the car has been 'finished' (no such term but for the sake of argument...) I am guilty of. I have shown a few pics and made a couple of threads basically because I was pretty damn pleased with the results. Especially when we tested the car and it did some very fast times straight out of the box. So, guilty as charged.

I would be surprised if Tony doesn't get some nice Pro pics of his car done when it's finished. You often don't get another chance of the car looking sparkling brand new, so why not? The shop that built mine was equally proud and is friends with a guy called Ben Hoskings who is quite a well known car photographer down here in certain circles. Again, why not? I could have come off the track and binned the car and thought, gee I wish I'd taken some nice pics before I did that. Nevertheless, the pics are taken and nobody has died, so I'm not too phased about their existence. I don't think you should be either Rob. They're just pics. The car has been built to achieve the best lap times it can, and will be developed further (budget willing). It seemed to have done ok in only it's 2nd event. Paul, the builder is also a very good driver. I Granny'd it around for 5th fastest on the day but it's nice to know that it can beat the field at our local Porsche club meeting.
Attached Images  
Old 12-30-2013, 01:02 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Patrick, I'm sorry that you can't just bask in the glory of your achievements. It's a shame. I for one am very glad to have been able to follow along in your journey (both good and bad then great).
Old 12-30-2013, 01:37 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Thanks Sid. No, I'm very lucky to have got this far and any previous or current problems pale into insignificance against 'Real life' issues so I can only be very thankful to be where I'm at right now. :-)
If I've been a bit overzealous about posting a few pics at the end of this year then guilty as charged. There's also a part of me that is wanting to represent the 944 turbo guys and while it upsets the purists, I think it's fun that some of us can push these cars beyond where the factory left off.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:39 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Post more stuff I wish I lived in a place where you can drive your car year round. Winter sucks in Calgary. I can enjoy 951's through people like you that don't have to deal with the white crap I have been shoveling for the last 2 months

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Thanks Sid. No, I'm very lucky to have got this far and any previous or current problems pale into insignificance against 'Real life' issues so I can only be very thankful to be where I'm at right now. :-)
If I've been a bit overzealous about posting a few pics at the end of this year then guilty as charged. There's also a part of me that is wanting to represent the 944 turbo guys and while it upsets the purists, I think it's fun that some of us can push these cars beyond where the factory left off.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:52 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

I just heard that Sydney's average temps for the year were 75f or 24C. No wonder we can get to drive our cars more than some of our Northern Hemisphere friends!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:09 AM
JET951
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

In your mind they the pictures do not make sense. Not every race car needs to have dents or scratches. On that note Patricks car certainly qualifies with its past. Its been there and done that. I take it you do not follow superlap/time attack? Its about presentation, speed , down force and the absolute fastest lap time you can achieve. Not too much difference from Pikes Peak really. They are very well presented cars yet i hear no bagging from you. Tell me how would your input make the Peugeot 208 T16 perform better, maybe a few scratches, a dent or two? maybe some modified Bilstein's? Criticise Patricks all you want. It was built with his money, with his vision, to perform in the motorsport he chose. When it was built it had no motorsport heritage but its growing one.
These cars are not what you think, here are some of Patricks competitors.
http://www.worldtimeattack.com/index...-2013-edition/
RE Amemiya and particularly Nemo are detailed to excess, Its what draws the crowd, its what sells the product. If you don't get it then there is no need for you to comment on Patricks car, there is no need for you to try to understand it.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:41 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

It's just sad that everything needs to be turned into a discussion of some sort. Patrick and Paul and everyone involved have clearly done a fantastic job and created a race car that delivered quick lap times right out of the box with show car attention to details while doing it.

How can any car enthusiast do anything else than give a big thumbs up to that achievment? I can only imagine how bad the general attitude must be of a person that finds something negative in this.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:59 AM
james6speed
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 100 Posts

I had a full RE-Amemiya body kit on my RX8. They build some fast 3-rotor cars over in JPN.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:04 AM
james6speed
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke
It's just sad that everything needs to be turned into a discussion of some sort. Patrick and Paul and everyone involved have clearly done a fantastic job and created a race car that delivered quick lap times right out of the box with show car attention to details while doing it.

How can any car enthusiast do anything else than give a big thumbs up to that achievment? I can only imagine how bad the general attitude must be of a person that finds something negative in this.
Most people couldn't even do what they have done let alone the criticism going along with it. TA may not be everyone's cup of tea but who cares? The fact is Patrick's running a real Porsche turbo 4cyl. and not an LS. That alone is worth the props. It would have been much easier to just run an LS and be competitive, but this is a much harder road to choose (and more expensive). Props given
Old 12-30-2013, 10:05 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edited out the stuff that didn't related to Patrick's car due to subsequent mod involvement.....

I have a lot of friends from when I was an engineer at Ford who are big Jalopnik followers. One of them has had a car on there, before, but in a bad way (http://jalopnik.com/5965244/a-transp...ess-slag-heap/). The reaction isn't particularly surprising, as the folks who follow it generally build street cars. The friends I mentioned genearlly do the Hot Rod Power Tour every year. But Matt's E30 from above was the only example that even remotely came close to a dedicated track car. So their perspective is quite a bit different. Enthusiasts? Unquestionably. Ignorant? Unfortunately.

Last edited by 67King; 12-30-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:33 AM
travisgreen
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 67King
Rob, you are not irrelevant because of your swap. Most people here are either trying to learn something, or spend their time trying to teach people. You neither inquire nor contribute useful information. You are irrelevant because just about every single post you make falls into one of two categories: 1. You are taking a giant crap on something or someone 2. You are beating your chest/inflating your ego/trying to convince everyone how smart you are. To top it off, you have a chip on your shoulder so big that you really should have done a Cummins swap to haul it around. The unfortunate part about this is that you are more often than not wrong, and rather than try to sort out the answer, you immediately resort to childish antics and name calling, stating your position with unwavering conviction.........and it matters not who is trying to correct/educate you, be it actual engineers (who grasp basic physics), people who actually DO race their cars, people who do this stuff for a living, and even worse, your personal friends who have on more than one occasion encouraged you to step away from a discussion. The truly sad thing is, I saw enough of you to know you aren't a dumb guy before I had enough I put you on ignore. But your ego seriously limits you. Besides, WHY do so many threads in which you post always happen to end up being about you? If I were a mod, I would have either suspended you or banned you by now, primarily for your crapping on the thread of a sponsor in which you spouted off your opinions, which as is so often the case, were based in complete ignorance. I have a lot of friends from when I was an engineer at Ford who are big Jalopnik followers. One of them has had a car on there, before, but in a bad way (http://jalopnik.com/5965244/a-transp...ess-slag-heap/). The reaction isn't particularly surprising, as the folks who follow it generally build street cars. The friends I mentioned genearlly do the Hot Rod Power Tour every year. But Matt's E30 from above was the only example that even remotely came close to a dedicated track car. So their perspective is quite a bit different. Enthusiasts? Unquestionably. Ignorant? Unfortunately.
I was reading the thread bc this is an insane car, looks aside some of the video clips are unarguable. That aside this was a nice hypocritical insert that added absolutely nothing to the thread. You may want to re look at alot of your responses on a crapload of threads bc your not to far from needing that turbo diesel yourself
Old 12-30-2013, 10:40 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

robstah do you have pictures of your swap???
Old 12-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by reno808
robstah do you have pictures of your swap???
Why would you need pictures of a v8 swap? They're all the same.. Except TonyG's That's just on a completely different level.

Quick Reply: WTAC 944 turbo (333pg333) now on Jalopnik