WTAC 944 turbo (333pg333) now on Jalopnik

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 07:27 PM
slap929
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTAC 944 turbo (333pg333) now on Jalopnik

http://jalopnik.com/your-ridiculousl...ere-1490960547

The comments make me laugh as they are made by clueless people . Jalopnik has really fallen...
Old 12-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Tim-C.
Instructor

I just clicked over to post this. Agree that the commenatariate is pretty lame, but the car looks fantastic, and I am downloading that wallpaper image.

Glad to see a good rennlister get some recognition outside the community--something this car seems well suited for.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:40 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Patrick Garvand is the man
Old 12-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Reimu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not surprised by the comments. Jalopnik is not a place for real "car enthusiasts" from what I've seen in the past.

The only racing they're familiar with is LeMans anyway
Old 12-28-2013, 10:04 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

lol...I think many young keyboard warriors are just that. I do totally agree that looks are subjective though. You can't please all of the people all of the time. ;-)
Old 12-28-2013, 10:54 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I want to be a part of your team can I donate a polished cam tower?
Old 12-29-2013, 02:53 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stan's Nation.... That is Stance Nation 333
Old 12-29-2013, 05:56 AM
1987Porsche944WithRealLongName
Racer

Originally Posted by robstah
Saying the Jalopnik crowd isn't real car enthusiasts because they do not agree with the styling of Patrick's car is quite the strawman.

The problem I see here is the confusion of what this car is. Patrick says that the design is 100% function over form, yet he has the car in some professional grade photoshoots. The only time a track/racecar has pictures taken of it are either on the track or in the pits. With that said, most track cars are dirty with a possibly dented up body. This track car seems to be cleaner than my daily driver that does get the occasional bath and buff.

There are two options here. Either pick form and care about what people say about the looks of your car, or pick function and quit posting these types of photos, especially on Jalopnik and the sorts. If your aim is for a magazine, then by all means, go for it. I would love to have my car in a mag. But just remember, no one will truly appreciate this car until there is some form of track history tied to it.
sounds like someones jealous that some people can handle making the 944 engine fast
you don't think he is going around submitting pictures everywhere himself do you?
and who is to say that function can't be beautiful? you would hate some of the talented engineers I work with lol
Old 12-29-2013, 06:49 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

It really is funny reading people's opinions and just how blunt and offensive they can be without thinking about the owner or builder's feelings. I mean this more in regard to the comments on Jalopnik than in here but will answer Robstah's post while I'm here.

Firstly, I don't think my car is the be all and end all. I state without reservation that looks are subjective and I don't think my car is the prettiest version of a modified 944 that has ever existed. I'm not in love with the looks of the dive plane 'Mechano Set' but it was a hurried finish to the build and there will be some changes this year.

The picture in Jalopnik (which I have actually never seen before myself...i.e. didn't post) was done before the car turned a wheel in anger. So yes, it does look clean Rob. Sure, race cars are not meant to be show ponies but there's no harm in taking some pics before it does get all dirty and/or bent. The body is largely made up of f/glass or c/fibre panels. The Black is actually a vinyl wrap and doesn't look perfect up close...even less so nowdays after a few times at the track. Remember, this car was only back on the track in late Sept. It has been on the track less than half a dozen times since then. There has been a lot of coverage of it and I realise that hundreds...no, thousands of people are sick of it. I can tell by the amount of people that read threads about it but don't comment. No harm, no foul. I also admit to being a proud father who has endured quite a lot of adversity to get it to this point. A LOT more than most people would realise. (Having said that, it's only a car...I know, I know...) There have been countless thousands of pics of racecars in shiny new form. They often become posters or wallpapers. Not saying my car is up to this level but it's not an unusual occurrence.

I have no idea about Jalopnik nor what sort of readership they attract. I would guess that most readers don't follow Time Attack type formats and probably think the car has been made to create some social impression. The car was built to achieve it's maximum potential on a track. Looks have been sacrificed but this happens when Function > Form. Time Attack isn't huge in the US yet and it's also not so appealing to the purist. I get that. I'm not about making the car look like some of those ridiculous things you see kids turn up to the street races (lol) in, but as their awareness about T.A. cars isn't so high at this stage that's all they can compare it to.

Brian, I got that he was implying my car was about Stance. I actually mostly dislike that whole movement. Again, it's a cosmetic thing which doesn't translate to the racetrack. That guy made the comment twice and didn't really qualify himself. That's why I questioned his clarity...his other teenage buddy then had a crack at me. I was half inclined to play with them but in the end if you have an argument with fools, one often winds up looking like them and I don't really have the energy for that.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:55 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

the Jalo comments are definitely a combination of ignorance and jealousy.

Robstah ain't jealous. he just misunderstood.

the front of the 944/968s come from the factory with so little function over form up front.

and the Jalo idiots didn't work that part out before posting.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The reason why the photos is saying that 'This company' Built this... Not an ordinary 944.. but a race one. It happened to be the first porsche every in the world time attack.

Patrick, I don't think it's that we're sick of it. But more the fact we already know about it and it's old news for us.

Most of us are hanging for some videos
Old 12-29-2013, 12:02 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by odurandina
the Jalo comments are definitely a combination of ignorance and jealousy.

Robstah ain't jealous. he just misunderstood.

the front of the 944/968s come from the factory with so little function over form up front.

and the Jalo idiots didn't work that part out before posting.
For the first time I have to agree with odu(blasphemy) there is plenty of ignorance and stupidity of the first kind in there. I wouldn't worry about those jackasses, can't spend your life worrying about blogs comments nor getting bothered with them. Opinions are like a... Everybody has one right?
Old 12-29-2013, 02:11 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I like what you have done with your car

Doesn't really matter what other people think....negatively.

Keep doing what your doing
Old 12-29-2013, 05:31 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Nah, I'm not worried about what those kids say but I can imagine some people could be very offended by these guy's offhand and uneducated insults.

I'm more interested when I can get back in the car and improve my driving. ;-)
Old 12-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Dubai944
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Pat, as you know opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one. As long as you are happy with what you do with your own money I wouldn't give a sh*t about what other people think.

My philosophy is when the flag drops, the bullish*t stops. Anyone who criticises my car can line up next to me on the track.

Quick Reply: WTAC 944 turbo (333pg333) now on Jalopnik