Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

2005 Ford GT40 vs. 1988 951S

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 01:39 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

GALLARDO LP 560-4 was not faster than my car. Second gear I stepped on throttle and pulled away after guy in his new car tried to blow past me. Was a nice car though, dark grey. I hope the guy didn't get depressed afterwards
Old 08-27-2012, 10:22 AM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

GALLARDO LP 560-4 was not faster than my car. Second gear I stepped on throttle and pulled away after guy in his new car tried to blow past me. Was a nice car though, dark grey. I hope the guy didn't get depressed afterwards
If he has any pride he'll be at least disappointed. I was wondering about the specs on some of those. I see them more often than not over here as well as ferrari modena and italia. May look cool but no doubt with drivers thinking they have the fastest machine out there with no respect to other marques on the road.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:47 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I beat a 2011 Z06 over the weekend on my way down to AC WOOOOOOOOT
Old 08-27-2012, 11:04 AM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

I beat a 2011 Z06 over the weekend on my way down to AC WOOOOOOOOT
Nice Reno. Much harder to give them a run because they packed 600+ hp, relative lighter in weight and are easier to drive faster than those other super/exotic cars. Was this with a roll-on also?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:47 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

For me the Gallardo was preventing me from from making an exit on an overpass. We were in heavy traffic leaving a traffic light. I had my signal going and was trying to merge over and make the exit. I couldn't slow down due to heavy traffic behind both of us. I was not trying to race and it's polite and also the traffic rules to let someone move over when you can see they are trying to exit off an overpass. Not sure what his point was but I didn't want to get rear ended from cars lined up behind me. I had to step on it to get around him after he stomped on the gas blocking me off. Oh well could have been any car and I would have done the same to make my exit. Never shifted into third just went ahead in front and off my exit ramp.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:04 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...5-post586.html

a punny 2.8L 11.7 @ 124mph btw we aren't taking about stock 951's, lol

There is to prove that even from a dig, the 951, with the right set up can do a lot of damage. Can you imagine Sid does the same but in a roll on??? He'd obliterate many of these so called super cars.

Congrats to you Sid. I meant to comment on your new ET. Looked like you have achieved your goal for 2012. Nice going man. I did say 11.9 didn't I
Old 08-27-2012, 12:10 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

For me the Gallardo was preventing me from from making an exit on an overpass. We were in heavy traffic leaving a traffic light. I had my signal going and was trying to merge over and make the exit. I couldn't slow down due to heavy traffic behind both of us. I was not trying to race and it's polite and also the traffic rules to let someone move over when you can see they are trying to exit off an overpass. Not sure what his point was but I didn't want to get rear ended from cars lined up behind me. I had to step on it to get around him after he stomped on the gas blocking me off. Oh well could have been any car and I would have done the same to make my exit. Never shifted into third just went ahead in front and off my exit ramp.
I see that kind of behavior all the time too...blocking folks from exiting and stepping on it like you were going to cut him off or something. That's why you can't assume that people will let you come out even a prius would try and step it up like really?!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:43 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott H

Allow me, ahem... BRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRAP

best use of the Latin alphabet to reproduce the sound of an engine—evaarr?

Originally Posted by KaiKai951S

Wasn't the '88-89 951S considered a supercar back in its hey-day? As I recall It was on par or better than the 930, the Ferrari 328, and the Vette of the day.
Originally Posted by odurandina

3rd best car of the '80s, easily imo.
Originally Posted by KaiKai951S

What would you consider the first and second? I would say the F40 and the 959 would have to be the top two of the 80's

of course. the 944T is a missile shooting through the 80's stratosphere...
but those two are up there in the Van Allen belt with a telescope looking down at the 80's crap with a cheshire grin.

hd version;
Old 08-27-2012, 01:29 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

just couldn't resist...
Attached Images  
Old 08-27-2012, 01:29 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mudbuddha
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...5-post586.html

a punny 2.8L 11.7 @ 124mph btw we aren't taking about stock 951's, lol

There is to prove that even from a dig, the 951, with the right set up can do a lot of damage. Can you imagine Sid does the same but in a roll on??? He'd obliterate many of these so called super cars.

Congrats to you Sid. I meant to comment on your new ET. Looked like you have achieved your goal for 2012. Nice going man. I did say 11.9 didn't I
Well I'd think anyone that doesn't have their head up there ***, should know we aren't talking about stock 951's? I think a modded 951 vs a Supercar is more than fair!

And since I'm on a tear...Lambo's are spectacular cars but a bit over the top for my taste. You might as well have a bumper sticker on the back that says"I'm a *****!"

Out here they (Lambos) don't garner anymore more stares than the Smart Cars!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:04 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

just couldn't resist...
Ouch!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:08 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Well I'd think anyone that doesn't have their head up there ***, should know we aren't talking about stock 951's? I think a modded 951 vs a Supercar is more than fair!

And since I'm on a tear...Lambo's are spectacular cars but a bit over the top for my taste. You might as well have a bumper sticker on the back that says"I'm a *****!"

Out here they (Lambos) don't garner anymore more stares than the Smart Cars!
I share the same sentiments. GT40s are still selling $40K over sticker so that puts them near $200K. Lambos and Ferraris are in the same ball park. Not sure about you guys but a 951 with 1/4 that in mods, including the price of the car...well, the outcome speaks for itself as folks on here have proved.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:21 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by racerxrick
just couldn't resist...

sheesh.... don't really understand all the hostility in your post. especially for a company that refused government help.... i have two Ford Escapes that have over 150 k miles. one approaching 200 k. they run perfect. i drove them both tens of thousands of miles off road in torrential monsoons, mud, heat and, 60 mph across dusty, pot holed, mexican washboard doing my surf tours during the 2000s..... we've had about 6 other Fords in the family the past 20 years, including 2 now... all have been very good cars for the money.... Fords are almost revered on most of the RLOT forum for dd and bad weather cars. the trucks are fantastic. do the sedans perform as well as Benzes, Lexus', Beemer's, etc ? do the SUVs perform like Cayennes ? no. but they also come at fractions of the price/mantenance costs.

as far as used cars and trucks go, i'd have to give the nod to the Toyotas. and i like Honda's and Nissan's too, but i'd also put Ford products at equal price point right up there... you'll get them with a lot less miles... i've had solid performance from my Escapes (btw, once the cats are removed, the engines are freaking amazing)... they also fit in nicely between the Rav 4's and the Highlanders.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:29 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

I love the GT40 but I like the RS200 even more. RS200 evolution is the only car I like as much as my 951. Not saying anything bad about other cars.....Got agree about Ford not taking bailout tax money.

Jason

Last edited by gruhsy; 08-27-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:41 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mudbuddha
Nice Reno. Much harder to give them a run because they packed 600+ hp, relative lighter in weight and are easier to drive faster than those other super/exotic cars. Was this with a roll-on also?
NO i was kidding. However on my way up from AC all the guys from bimmerfest where coming up and there were some high hp cars rolling though.

Quick Reply: 2005 Ford GT40 vs. 1988 951S