moore 944 drag racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 09:08 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LMFAO

Now I'm really looking forward to going back up to drag race my 951....lol

Actually I hope I do break something. If I do I'm going to toast to Ehall and frame the part in his name.

I hope everyone has has fun road racing,auto crossing, driving, waxing, jerking off to..... Whatever floats your boat...
Old 07-01-2012, 10:19 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

some of the old farts finally opened the eyes

https://rennlist.com/forums/9528968-post22.html

Originally Posted by lart951
I should have been clear and under the disclaimer made the following note

none of these rules, norms, physic laws apply to Sid also known as SIDKO funny 9 years ago many including myself thought that using the 951 as a drag car was impossible and you proved many including me wrong, I hate you

Syd, as I said before you have proved many ppl wrong including me, and Rogue as you said professional advise on this forum could mean, many things including disgraced politician to local pervs

About ehall he is a great guy but is probably that time of the month so I wouldn't bother with what he said I know he means no harm, just those flash backs from so many hours of combat in Granada, got to give it up to our marines "Semper Fi" anyway have a happy 4th of July
Old 07-01-2012, 11:02 PM
MooreBoost
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

wow gone for a day and this crap blows up!!! LOL. i didnt buy a PORSCHE to go drag racing with. i bought it to road race it. the track i work at so happens to have a drag strip and my boss let me run for free. i had never done this before. when i went up to bandimere with sid, josh, dana and enjoyed the atmosphere, it kinda made me want to try. so i did it and nothing broke anyways......

my car has darton steel sleeves, wiseco piston heads (stock CR), stock chip, solid trans mount, 3" exhaust, k26/6(200K miles). pretty much a stock car. ive been collecting go fast parts and i am glad i got to see what my car did in the 1/4 mile before i put them all on.

the new pavement at pueblo is awesome. im glad i get to spend my summer at the track
Old 07-02-2012, 05:37 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
No sir! THAT'S VOMITING! The computer is driving the car!

Yeah, I agree! Overall, we have great thrust to weight ratio, BUT, the engineers didn't design the car for the purpose, so we'll never be corvette killers...and are fools to try. Gimme a 87 Firehawk car, on a 2.5 mile road circuit, and I can probably beat a 1987 corvette, on that course.

I'm just saying what we all know. 951's aren't drag cars, but they'll kick your GM *** on a road corse.
LOL. Good point. There has been a ton of cookies tossed of technology on cars these days. Although, with all the launch control technology it is impressive for a car to be able to handle that intense of a launch, but for how long is the question. Probably right after the warranty.

I think the 951 owes it to the racing world to bring Roll Racing into the main stream Hell, as well as a Vette is suited for 1/4 mile the 951 is suited for roll on racing.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gentlemen...
Old 07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

E is on another bender!

Why are we even having this discussion? Syd has proven the old, "944/951's can't drag race" to be false.

Syd, can you give us a run down on how many transmissions, cv's, and axles you've broken in the past couple years? How many runs have you done and what times are you running?

I know you have posted that info in other threads but it appears that some of our drinking members haven't read those threads.

I prefer facts from people who are actually doing something than old opinions from people who can't do more than talk about what they think can't be done.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:14 PM
MooreBoost
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by azbanks
E is on another bender!

Why are we even having this discussion? Syd has proven the old, "944/951's can't drag race" to be false.

Syd, can you give us a run down on how many transmissions, cv's, and axles you've broken in the past couple years? How many runs have you done and what times are you running?

I know you have posted that info in other threads but it appears that some of our drinking members haven't read those threads.

I prefer facts from people who are actually doing something than old opinions from people who can't do more than talk about what they think can't be done.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:17 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

I alone sold syd 20 pair of axles and 4 trannies.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:22 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Total carnage has been

1cv cage at the track. Launching very aggressive on the first pass of the night.

I've Ran over 100 passes in the last two years.

The times ranged early on from 12.8 to 15's

From July of last year the car has been pretty consistant high 12's with the two step.

Towards the end of last year pretty consistant 12.7 and went many 12.5's and a 12.4

This year I have ran consistant 12.5-12.7 at low boost.

My best 60' is a 1.61. I get pretty consistant 1.8's.

I I have never trailered my car to or from the track.

I drive it daily unless it snows.

The only other drivetrain part I have broken was due to me messing around on the street and breaking something in second gear. That was on a downshift.

Overall I'm very pleased.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:23 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Originally Posted by lart951
I alone sold syd 20 pair of axles and 4 trannies.
Ha ha... You wish...
Old 07-03-2012, 10:27 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL. I might have taken her to drag race once or twice. These were only about half the videos I've taken.. And between all those, I've gone way more. The first one with the camaro shows me beating him at the tree. So, no, I wasn't very nice to the transmission either. Drag radials were on in every video. In the second video, I botched the start, but you can actually SEE the car accelerating harder at the END of the track. 11.9 @ 123.4mph. The only thing I did was install a trans brace and launch with a small bit of slip. very small. Preloading at the line is a good Idea also.

Last edited by 95ONE; 07-04-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:50 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think what ehall is trying to say, is that he preserves his 951's so that when the time comes, he can sell them to someone who will abuse the crap out of them by drifting. Because drifting is a way cooler sport than drag racing.

>>>> ehall's old 951 not long after he sold it to me

And as a result I've grenaded 1 transaxle, 2 CV axles, crashed it once, caught it on fire a few times, blown 1 head gasket, broke 1 timing belt, burnt 1 clutch, and completely seized and fried the motor once.

But there's no stopping!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:02 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by azbanks
E is on another bender!

az, now I promissed you that I wouldn't post any more about the young male, ...ummm, ACCOLITES that you ordered from my parrish, nor the cash ....ummmm....TITHE that you added to ensure that the priest only ly send you, "Young, (UNDER 12!) brown boys, nor the addition that they must be mexican, so that you could get Arpaio to claim them as "Aliens" after you, and your...friends? YIKES! were done with them!

So I don't know why you want to discuss my drag racing failures! ps Wesley Snipes will be out of jail soon. I paid the rest of his bail. he's coming to your house...FIRST! Was that what you meant by a "young(under 12 YEARS) brown boy?
That's what I told him you said.
ENJOY!

inside joke.
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2012, 09:07 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by drift a 944
I think what ehall is trying to say, is that he preserves his 951's so that when the time comes, he can sell them to someone who will abuse the crap out of them by drifting. Because drifting is a way cooler sport than drag racing.

>>>> ehall's old 951 not long after he sold it to me

And as a result I've grenaded 1 transaxle, 2 CV axles, crashed it once, caught it on fire a few times, blown 1 head gasket, broke 1 timing belt, burnt 1 clutch, and completely seized and fried the motor once.

But there's no stopping!!!!!!!
NO! what I meant is that I have a certain well earned influence with this SMALL govt activivity in Tampa, who, as you speak has the exact coords of MY CAR....don't worry about looking up. I'm just waiting until you really **** me off.
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2012, 09:14 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Seriously, you girls need to unwad the pntalones! HAHAHAH!!!!!

If you want to use this particular machine, as a lawn mower, and you own it free and clear...Knock your dumbass out!

Couldn't give a crap less. I have lart on speed dial, and YOU are making him lots of....err I mean YOU are paying his lawyer bills! FUGGIN CALIFRORNIA COMMIES!

Just sayin that if you want to sow a dress, buy a sowing machine. If you want to look like you should be WEARING a dress, drag race a 951.

I'm over here laughing my *** off when the guys who rape your car are tearing your dress off and realizing...OH ****! This is AZBANKS....but is that a dude or should we keep tearing?

Quick Reply: moore 944 drag racing