Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Drag Strip (Bandimere) Tonight!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012 | 01:08 PM
MooreBoost
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by docwyte
Next time you guys come to a road course! How about the newly repaved Pueblo Motorsports Park with NASA on July 7-8?
i run the open track day events there. the new pavment is awesome and they also made a new turn 10.
Old 06-21-2012 | 01:09 PM
dnovak
Racer

Sounds like one hell of a night, I am sorry I missed it.
Old 06-21-2012 | 01:10 PM
dnovak
Racer

Sid how is your clutch holding? Mine is staying strong
Old 06-21-2012 | 01:12 PM
MooreBoost
Three Wheelin'

it felt like it was holding up pretty good. i drove his car and its a lot smoother them my spec stage 3
Old 06-21-2012 | 01:54 PM
MooreBoost
Three Wheelin'

turns out lower rad clamp is busted. i hit a water run off in the road(inverted speed bump) by sid's house pretty good. seemed like a night for bad news but in the end not so bad. lol

only camera i had was on my phone. i was busy helping out in the pits so i couldnt get more videos...

Last edited by MooreBoost; 06-21-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-21-2012 | 03:35 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
My thought is the PP broke, and will not let go of the clutch disc. I've had nothing but trouble with this KEP stg II... So, I will be replacing it with a different setup.
http://www.southbendclutch.com/

Old 06-21-2012 | 03:43 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Originally Posted by dnovak
Perfectly..... Thanks again!!!!
Old 06-21-2012 | 08:15 PM
95ONE
Race Car

ROFL. that truck was funny. You can imagine we got a lot of that down here in Houston. Sid was beat only by the launch. The rest was dead even. Dana started out like I do. Very slow. Then almost came back and beat the guy from about 6 cars back. These cars are just not great launching vehicles without mega transmission mods. I really like Sid's header panel.

Speaking of, Sid, I haven't seen how you are bracing the tranny. I'm about to just brace both sides at this point after knowing you still broke the CV cage. Is your support bent or broken? I would imagine it would have flexed or twisted with the trans if you had those meaty slicks on there. VERY glad the trans didn't break.
Old 06-21-2012 | 08:46 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by Paulyy
What's that consists of? or does he make custom clutches?
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...re-plates.html

Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951
Josh -- how much power are you running? I've got the KEP 1 with a cup disc and it's fabulous.

That said, I'd understand if you just want to be done with KEP altogether. A friend of mine (azmi951 on RL) broke a few teeth on his KEP 2, shortly before he broke the clutch fork itself. KEP replaced it for free, so that's something at least.
I'm right around 340rwhp. Yes, the KEP 2 is overkill, and the KEP 1 would have been a better choice (didn't know that at the time - a long time ago). I would be surprised if KEP would replace the PP, as I've had it for 5-6 years now...

Originally Posted by toddk911
They did the disc that is in the car now... And I've been happy with it. But regardless, I have to pull everything out now - so I'm going with Dave's setup.
Old 06-21-2012 | 10:04 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Originally Posted by dnovak
Originally Posted by 95ONE
ROFL. that truck was funny. You can imagine we got a lot of that down here in Houston. Sid was beat only by the launch. The rest was dead even. Dana started out like I do. Very slow. Then almost came back and beat the guy from about 6 cars back. These cars are just not great launching vehicles without mega transmission mods. I really like Sid's header panel.

Speaking of, Sid, I haven't seen how you are bracing the tranny. I'm about to just brace both sides at this point after knowing you still broke the CV cage. Is your support bent or broken? I would imagine it would have flexed or twisted with the trans if you had those meaty slicks on there. VERY glad the trans didn't break.
The brace runs from the passenger side to the center of the trans. It's plenty strong and not flexing. I think the axle moves too far side to side. I'm gonna try to limit that.

The Camaro I raced is my brothers car. 415" ls1 with a 100 shot.

In hindsight I should have turned it up. I didn't want to race him really. At least not that time. On the motor I smoke him.

I'll get him next time.
Old 06-22-2012 | 12:05 AM
MooreBoost
Three Wheelin'

your brothers car is bad *** no doubt but that engine you build is even bad a55er. lol. let me know next time you go. im there
Old 06-23-2012 | 08:23 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 95ONE
With how cut up the rear of your car is, why not adapt the early car style trans mount?
Old 06-23-2012 | 10:45 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

With dnovak's help, we replaced the clutch/PP/Flywheel today. I quite like the new clutch setup - it is around the same "grabbyness" as my old one, but with a little lighter pedal and easier to modulate.

Thanks again Dave!
Old 06-23-2012 | 11:38 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
With how cut up the rear of your car is, why not adapt the early car style trans mount?
Not aware of it. Links or pics?
Old 06-24-2012 | 12:50 AM
Zeff
Pro

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
With dnovak's help, we replaced the clutch/PP/Flywheel today. I quite like the new clutch setup - it is around the same "grabbyness" as my old one, but with a little lighter pedal and easier to modulate.

Thanks again Dave!
What exactly is the setup.

Quick Reply: Drag Strip (Bandimere) Tonight!!