Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Patrick's build thread. (IT RUNS!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 06:40 AM
Dubai944
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I note that a few of the tracks here in Australia impose a very low decibel limit. Lakeside is down to 95db! My car was over 110db in Dubai and I was eventually pinged by the stewards so added another muffler to get down to the 105 limit there. Guess i will have to do more exhaust mods to get out on the track once the car arrives...
Old 10-21-2011, 08:16 AM
JET951
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

Looking good Patrick. Strangely enough Patricks car isn't that loud on full song. The turbo muffles the sound quite a bit considering the exhaust contains just 1 resonator. Get that thing finished so I have someone to chase! (Pat you got some incoming pictures)
Old 10-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JET951
Looking good Patrick. Strangely enough Patricks car isn't that loud on full song. The turbo muffles the sound quite a bit considering the exhaust contains just 1 resonator. Get that thing finished so I have someone to chase! (Pat you got some incoming pictures)
Since it's 5" wouldn't that just change everything also?
Old 10-21-2011, 08:39 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulyy
Depends on what you drive and who you are i guess. younger people get targeted more.
Yeah, for me I don't get hassled much...but I'm old with a paunch and a ponytail and huge new white false teeth. They see me as a former king pin and leave me alone.

Actually it's really not that loud on the track. I was expecting much worse. Steve's car sounds louder than mine in the track videos at least.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:36 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Nah, I agree. It looks stupid. Less so with the diffuser but stupid nonetheless.
Hell no it doesn't. Car looks bad ***. Wheels are the width you needed and look pretty damn good. Maybe not super Baller. You raised the bar too high I think. everyone expects million dollar wheels. I too still like them. But maybe we are of an older crowd and have different tastes than many on here. I have to keep in mind many are in their 20's around here. I'm 40. The 80's are still strong within me.

I love it. I can't wait for us to be back on the damn track!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Nah, I agree. It looks stupid. Less so with the diffuser but stupid nonetheless.
Paint it black and you will hardly notice it.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, for me I don't get hassled much...but I'm old with a paunch and a ponytail and huge new white false teeth. They see me as a former king pin and leave me alone.

Actually it's really not that loud on the track. I was expecting much worse. Steve's car sounds louder than mine in the track videos at least.
LOL! and i have short hair with a gold chain... might explain why i got pulled over the day i got my licence and a number of times in the next 3 weeks
Old 10-21-2011, 12:50 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like those wheels, Patrick. And the car looks fantastic, too. I really hope you get your motor soon so you can enjoy it.

Who mounted and fitted the flares? Did Sean do that or did you have a bodyshop?
Old 10-21-2011, 05:10 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 95ONE
Hell no it doesn't. Car looks bad ***. Wheels are the width you needed and look pretty damn good. Maybe not super Baller. You raised the bar too high I think. everyone expects million dollar wheels. I too still like them. But maybe we are of an older crowd and have different tastes than many on here. I have to keep in mind many are in their 20's around here. I'm 40. The 80's are still strong within me.

I love it. I can't wait for us to be back on the damn track!
I saw a set of Techart wheels on a killer black 997tt and just thought I'd like to see what they looked like on my car. Wasn't going to pony up for the originals so found some of these out of the U.K. I mean these things are just a bit of whimsy and I like them anyway. Obviously they're not the track wheels so no harm, no foul in my mind.

As for getting back on the track...don't think that idea doesn't occupy a significant part of my addled brain. Sadly many times a day I find myself thinking about this saga of a car. Feels like some weird dream / 'mare that never seems to end.

Originally Posted by Lemming
Paint it black and you will hardly notice it.
Actually that's a great idea. Hadn't even thought of it. To be fair, it stands out a lot more without the diffuser on so I guess that's why it's getting more attention at the moment.

Originally Posted by Paulyy
LOL! and i have short hair with a gold chain... might explain why i got pulled over the day i got my licence and a number of times in the next 3 weeks
You're going to need to go stealth with those upgrades Paulyy!

Originally Posted by DDP
I really like those wheels, Patrick. And the car looks fantastic, too. I really hope you get your motor soon so you can enjoy it.

Who mounted and fitted the flares? Did Sean do that or did you have a bodyshop?
Thanks Derek....and me too on both counts!
The body bits were actually mounted by the guy that did the cage and other parts. He made the nice control panel in the car which unfortunately we're going to move due to it just not working with a passenger in the car. Shame.
In actual fact I've just seen a pic of the car which makes me think that the rear flares need to be moved forwards a little but I don't think there is a lot of margin to do this as I assume the bolt holes will be revealed. The shadows make it look worse than it actually is. He also made up a small plate to on the rockers as to move the front flares forward for better wheel room. It's all still a bit tight.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 333pg333; 10-21-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

You know what I feel about your car Pat, it will be totally awesome when it's ready!!
Like the night rider, but in a good way 100% pure and evil race machine
Old 10-21-2011, 05:46 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Oh, you can hear it talk also Duke?? Thought it was just me.
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm definitely hearing it!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Welded doors wouldn't look too out of place there. That and a bright red net in place of the window, NASCAR style.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:58 PM
nick_968
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice work Pat, keep pluggin away there. Your car looks like it belongs in the next Mad Max sequel!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:14 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thom
Welded doors wouldn't look too out of place there. That and a bright red net in place of the window, NASCAR style.
Hehe...

Originally Posted by nick_968
Nice work Pat, keep pluggin away there. Your car looks like it belongs in the next Mad Max sequel!
Thanks Nick. It's getting there. I'm happy with the all black look for now. It'll possibly morph into something else in time.

In truth, it would probably look better with smaller wheels and higher profile slicks like the GTR featured elsewhere.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Patrick's build thread. (IT RUNS!)