Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   Patrick's build thread. (IT RUNS!) (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/656544-patricks-build-thread-it-runs.html)

333pg333 09-24-2011 03:43 AM

Patrick's build thread. New dyno charts page 29.

4 Attachment(s)
Ok, I've edited this thread title and content as more than just the initial question re the B/foot nose has been discussed. I planned on revealing this when it was completed, but like many of us with extensive projects these things take up a lot more time and money than first anticipated. So apart from wanting to discuss some issues with fellow listers it's also a way of at least living a bit vicariously through the pics and talk. Gotta get some thrills out of all this in the meantime. The duration can send a guy batty don't you know!
See post #25 on page 2 for build specs:

Bit of a longshot but am wondering if anyone has this part lying around not needed? It's their widebody GT2 nosepiece at the top of the first picture. I have paid in full including shipping for the part from Broadfoot back in May and have had one email from them since back in June. I've already bought from them the GT2 fender flares and have had them fitted and painted, but should have also bought the nose piece at the same time. :banghead: They do work with the stock nose piece but I didn't realise that the Broadfoot part is actually wider than stock nose and helps to push out the front part of the nose/fenders as to cover the wide wheel/tyre combo I have on there now. See pics of it on the white car and how much it covers the front of the wheels vs mine where much of the wheel is exposed and also gets pretty close to rubbing.

Alternatively I'll pay a fee if someone lives near them and can pay them a friendly visit to help me find out what is going on down there?

Any assistance is very much appreciated. Help me finish off a special project. :thumbup:

ehall 09-24-2011 04:00 AM

So they're still screwing around with ya, huh?

95ONE 09-24-2011 04:08 AM

Oooh.. daddy like the green. is that a candy over a gold base?

ehall 09-24-2011 04:17 AM

No. That's a dirty black car. ROFL!

333pg333 09-24-2011 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by ehall (Post 8892851)
So they're still screwing around with ya, huh?

Yup. I didn't want to bother you. See if anyone responds to this.

Originally Posted by 95ONE (Post 8892856)
Oooh.. daddy like the green. is that a candy over a gold base?

The Huh??? You gotta stop hitting the Moonshine now that you're in with the Renegades Bruce!!!

Crackership 09-24-2011 06:06 AM

You know.. call me crazy (you wouldn't be the first), but I think your car looks better... I understand that you don't like the tires sticking out past the nose of the car... and having them covered is probably better (from an aerodynamic standpoint), but I think your car looks aggressive and the white car looks like a jelly-bean...

Just my opinion... sorry I'm no real help. Good luck!

m73m95 09-24-2011 06:08 AM

The best "parts" in this thread are on the wall of pic #3

333pg333 09-24-2011 08:53 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Crackership (Post 8892897)
You know.. call me crazy (you wouldn't be the first), but I think your car looks better... I understand that you don't like the tires sticking out past the nose of the car... and having them covered is probably better (from an aerodynamic standpoint), but I think your car looks aggressive and the white car looks like a jelly-bean...

Just my opinion... sorry I'm no real help. Good luck!

Ha, I like your simile to the Jelly Bean. Don't worry I've seen the imperfections in that pic, but also think that the Black colour would dare I say it, overshadow the panel gaps and look a bit less conspicuous. The aero and clearance advantages would be a help too. Oh, and I kinda like the tough look of the tyre poking out too, but that's just a cosmetic thing. They are pretty big bits 'o' rubber on the front which makes the whole process a bit optimistic. 305x18" slicks or 315x18" R spec. The 320x18" on the rear are pretty squeezy too. Happy with the Fikses. Look great in the metal.

Dubai944 09-24-2011 11:09 AM

Your car is looking more and more like mine all the time.... :)

alxdgr8 09-24-2011 12:04 PM

I think it looks better with the stock nose. Very inspiring, I need widebody (and more power to justify it)!!

Sucks that so many people have problems with this company.

gruhsy 09-24-2011 01:13 PM

Your car looks great. Maybe Broadfoot sent it to:

Patrick
Australia

They sent my radiator fan to:

Jason Gruhs
Calgary
Canada

:icon501:

schip43 09-24-2011 01:51 PM

Aww crap man! "Broadfoot and paid in full" are words that should not be used together! Hopefully you did'nt send them a brown bag with cash in it!:p

Hopefully a local member can drop in on them for you, Broadfoot and SFR, what the hell!:grr:

Thom 09-24-2011 02:18 PM

Patrick... Are you going to need that much rubber at the front? That looks monsterer than huge.

I also like it better with the stock bumper.

TonyG 09-24-2011 03:04 PM

What transmission is that?

And what size tires are on the front? I have 315's on the front and mine don't stick out as far as yours do.

I've got my struts angled as far as I can get them from the tires, and the rims clear the struts by just 1/8".

TonyG

Fredrik H 09-24-2011 07:17 PM

G96 transaxle? Looks like a fast car that one!