Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Just ordered M-Tune!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 07:46 PM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

First off I don't sling mud... I sling poo second I have to agree lets avoid vendor bashing and get on to more important things... like slinging poo at squirrels and looking at dyno sheets
Old 05-19-2011, 08:10 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Josh, I'm sure there are gonna be some very happy people shortly :-)
Old 05-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

I am excited and enthused just like everyone else, but please keep this positive!!!
If you want to praise X setup, great! But do not do this by trying to bring down another/different setup. ..
Especially a fellow vendor! I do not want this kind of praise, and in the end it does no good except leave people with a sour taste.

The Vitesse software / kit is top-notch, and set the bar very high. The number of happy customers over the years illustrates this.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:13 PM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

mmmm warheads... mmm sour patch kids... dang it I'm hungry now.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:26 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Ok well to ask a question that is actually pertinent to both system,what is the purpose for adding the piggyback? I'm assuming it would be used to avoid burning or re-flashing a chip if additional mods are made?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:34 PM
blown 944
Race Car

No it's not for that. In the case of a true MAF setup it is to get the final 1,2,3 percent tuned in. Every care is different and may pose slightly different behaviors. The fqs can be used in most circumstances. I'm happily running with no piggyback as I know a few others are too. That is the nice thing about the research Josh has done ahead of time.

Now non "true MAF" setups are another thing altogether. They are skewing the voltage to match a factory afm transfer function curve.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:41 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Ok, FQS can't increase timing, I believe Rouge's PB, can?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Sid is correct, since every car is a little bit different, the PB is there to tweak in the last few percent. Furthermore, it adds functionality, such as a built-in electronic boost control, logging, closed-loop WBO2 feedback, ect. Additionally, yes the PB can adjust timing, as it has a full 12x12 table for ignition timing adjustment, as well as a full table for AFR adjustment.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:53 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Sid is correct, since every car is a little bit different, the PB is there to tweak in the last few percent. Furthermore, it adds functionality, such as a built-in electronic boost control, logging, closed-loop WBO2 feedback, ect. Additionally, yes the PB can adjust timing, as it has a full 12x12 table for ignition timing adjustment, as well as a full table for AFR adjustment.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:02 PM
mclarenno9
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sh944
If I am reading the M-tune information on Rogue Tuning site properly, there is no piggyback included in the m-tune kit, correct? Its an optional purchase if you want to be able to tweak your settings, altho I don't see that its available yet. Can someone confirm this? If so, its a bit misleading to list the Vitesse piggyback since its not apples to apples at that point.

Regards, ...Scott
You need the piggyback to be able to use the V-Flex, however.

I really want to know more about the Rogue Piggyback as it sounds great.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:36 PM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sh944
Oh really? Have you experienced this firsthand or are you just repeating something you have heard? I ran a Vitesse MAF/chip for better tha two years and never had that problem. I upgraded to a piggyback when I installed a cam, but even before I started tuning after I upgraded, I still didn't experience those issues.

This is a thread about m-tune, not Vitesse, so I'll redirect it back to that, but it sounds to me that both need a piggyback for fine tuning so its not a fair comparison to price one against the other without comparable equipment. It sounds like Joshua has put a lot of work into this (actually, I am positive he has, anyone who brings a product to market knows this). Assuming his product is working as well as we have been hearing, I bet he'd be the first to ask that the comparisons stay equal.
i love how you come to the rescue. i didnt name one name but people automatically responded as if they knew exactly what i was talking about. as far as addressing who i heard it from thats not important so no im not running a MAF of any type on my 951 yet. Im waiting for the reviews to come out and then price all accordingly.

If vintesse says MAF's run fine and have for multiple years with out piggy backs then i guess i believe him. but i question why people feel the need to salivate over Rogues kit if above is correct. Maybe alot of peoples cars are in bad shape.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:36 AM
s14kev
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I may be mistaken but I originally thought M-tune allowed the user to reprogram the factory fuel and timing maps to suit their own individual engine. Somewhat like the experience I have had with Nissan ECU's and reflashing the EPROM.

From reading this thread it sounds more like it is more similar to most current MAF/chip offerings except that the motronic code has been modified to accomodate for the MAF sensor (ie. 'true' MAF rather than code suited to the vane style AFM). If this is the case it implies that to order M-tune, I have to provide engine spec's (turbo specs, injector size, cam specs etc) and roguetuning will somewhat guess an appropriate map for me. Since every car is different, and since some modifications cannot be quantified (eg head porting), it means that most tunes will be somewhat away from being perfect. Is this the case? Sorry if I am confused, the website does not clearly state much of the details.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:42 AM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by s14kev
I may be mistaken but I originally thought M-tune allowed the user to reprogram the factory fuel and timing maps to suit their own individual engine. Somewhat like the experience I have had with Nissan ECU's and reflashing the EPROM.

From reading this thread it sounds more like it is more similar to most current MAF/chip offerings except that the motronic code has been modified to accomodate for the MAF sensor (ie. 'true' MAF rather than code suited to the vane style AFM). If this is the case it implies that to order M-tune, I have to provide engine spec's (turbo specs, injector size, cam specs etc) and roguetuning will somewhat guess an appropriate map for me. Since every car is different, and since some modifications cannot be quantified (eg head porting), it means that most tunes will be somewhat away from being perfect. Is this the case? Sorry if I am confused, the website does not clearly state much of the details.
The M-tune does NOT allow you to tune the setup. However, there is no need to modify the "tune" when you change turbo's, heads, cams, etc, because the M-tune will compensate for it automatically. That is the beauty of the MAF sensor.

The only thing you might have to have adjusted for is different injectors....but if you buy the 80# injectors RogueTuning has as an option for the M-tune, then there will be no adjustment needed, and it should be all the fuel you will ever need...gas or e85.

Also, minor changes can be made via the FQS switch that is on the DME.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:21 AM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok so here's a question for Rogue, since the M-tune's been partially released:

I've got a set of Siemens 3105(83#) injectors. Are they suitable for use with the M-tune?
Old 05-20-2011, 09:44 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s14kev

Rogue does offer programming software, but it is not intended to work with A-Tune or M-Tune. A-Tune and M-Tune each use a MAF with true MAF code, along with a MAP sensor to compensate for air pressure changes induced by various different turbos. The addition of a 3-D fuel map for the entire rev range is also intended to enhance driveability.

Quick Reply: Just ordered M-Tune!