Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Just Ordered A-Tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Supachink
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to start a vendor war, but i have been looking in to a MAF upgrade for my 86 951 for a bit of time now. Im just wondering how this compares to a vitesse unit as far as ease of use and out of the box running? I know this is just becoming available, but im just curious.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:40 AM
AScholtes
Pro

Originally Posted by chrenan
Is it too soon to use the phrase "this is a game changer"?
I dont think it is too soon.... the price of owning a P-car has been unnecessarily high for no reason, and this changes that
Old 04-14-2011, 11:07 AM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm wanting to buy a maf down the road. So the theory behind this A Tune kit is that all I have to do is add a maf sensor of my choosing to the car?

This sounds really tempting, and it sounds legit.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:07 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Supachink
Not to start a vendor war, but i have been looking in to a MAF upgrade for my 86 951 for a bit of time now. Im just wondering how this compares to a vitesse unit as far as ease of use and out of the box running? I know this is just becoming available, but im just curious.
read the review i posted. also look at the site. its very very helpful. everything is in your finger tips.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:12 AM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it too soon to use the phrase "this is a game changer"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos
Old 04-14-2011, 11:33 AM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by 86 951 Driver
I'm wanting to buy a maf down the road. So the theory behind this A Tune kit is that all I have to do is add a maf sensor of my choosing to the car?

This sounds really tempting, and it sounds legit.
You need the M-Tune chipset. The A-Tune is for the AFM. M-Tune is the true Mass air flow code, which rogue will supply a maf if you buy the kit. If your poor like me he can sell you the C-Tune which is the M-Tune software that will work with a ford lightning 90mm Mass Air Flow Sensor, but you need to piece the rest of the kit together outside of the chips/software and map sensor.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by refresh951
A-Tune is now available at Rogue's Website.
you'll love it. I certainly do!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Supachink
From what I've seen, the MAF upgrade is supposed to be strictly plug and play, where coming from the A-tune, all you do is change out the chip, and the MAF install takes 15 minutes. Definitely a game changer if this is all correct.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:53 AM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I wonder will there be a counter-punch from the established vendors?

I'm out of the market for a bit as I bought a MAF just before Christmas, but if I was looking now the decision would be more interesting.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by CyCloNe!
You need the M-Tune chipset. The A-Tune is for the AFM. M-Tune is the true Mass air flow code, which rogue will supply a maf if you buy the kit. If your poor like me he can sell you the C-Tune which is the M-Tune software that will work with a ford lightning 90mm Mass Air Flow Sensor, but you need to piece the rest of the kit together outside of the chips/software and map sensor.
Interesting option. Does he also provide all the piping with the C-Tune to actually mount the sensor or is it up to you to string together a bunch of tube and hose clamps to make it work?

I like how he hard-mounts the sensor he provides with the M-Tune to the piping and it's all once piece. Eliminates any variables related to MAF signal and its orientation within the piping.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:48 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure if that will be an ongoing option. There are too many variables dealing with injectors, maf condition, installation etc.

Just to keep it on the level. The idea is to provide a maf setup that is plug and play using correct pieces. I'll let Josh respond to that though as I'm not 100%.

I am happy for him and the community. I would mention that the little links within each description are worth a read.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

I wonder will there be a counter-punch from the established vendors?
I ran into a 951 near my place the other night. Actually found the owner in the pub across the street. I ordered a calzone and 20oz PBR. He owns a shop that specializes in euro cars, and has done the partial resto on his barn find. His next upgrade? "Autothority has chips that will give it 330 HP".

What the hell was I going to say after that?

Moral to this story? No one is making a living selling 951 MAF kits, and as long as there are websites, many will buy randomly.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:26 PM
rocketrider2
Racer

Well guys this A-tune looks like a winner. I am picking up a stock 88 951 in about 9 days. I see the a-tune requires a 3 bar FPR. Any chance you guys can point me to a good choice for this? Also any other supporting mods anyone might suggest?

Thanks
Lane
Old 04-14-2011, 03:42 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by rocketrider2
Well guys this A-tune looks like a winner. I am picking up a stock 88 951 in about 9 days. I see the a-tune requires a 3 bar FPR. Any chance you guys can point me to a good choice for this? Also any other supporting mods anyone might suggest?

Thanks
Lane
I'm fairly certain the Rogue stuff does NOT include boost control through the stock CV anymore (or does it? Can someone comment for sure?) So you'll need some sort of boost control.

The 3-bar FPR is a Bosch unit used on some BMWs I believe. I have the part number at home, I can post it back here tonight after work if someone doesn't get to it first. Most of the standard vendors stock them (Lindsey, Pelican, etc.) and you should be able to order it from most typical car parts places that carry or can order Bosch stuff. That or just search through the "for sale" section - they pop up every now and again. My first 3-bar FPR I bought off of a fellow Rennlister. My 2nd one (when I was incorrectly convinced my first one was faulty) I bought from a local parts place.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:26 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Interesting option. Does he also provide all the piping with the C-Tune to actually mount the sensor or is it up to you to string together a bunch of tube and hose clamps to make it work?

I like how he hard-mounts the sensor he provides with the M-Tune to the piping and it's all once piece. Eliminates any variables related to MAF signal and its orientation within the piping.

Its pretty much up to you in that department... but if you ask him he may be able to sell you the piping as well. Honestly it's worth it either way if your on a budget and can't pay the full kit price.

He mentioned attaching the lightning maf to the j-boot as an option.

Quick Reply: Just Ordered A-Tune