Just Ordered A-Tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 86 951 Driver
Thanks for the general recap of the products. My question is about the A-Tune to MAF upgrade. I would like to get a MAF eventually how is the A-Tune upgradeable to MAF?

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Re: A-Tune upgrade to MAF.
- The A-Tune upgrade course is the M-Tune. I designed the kits to use the same hardware, this way it provides a clear and easy path for future growth.

Literally, driver, you change the chip, remove your airbox, install the Maf and filter, etc, plug it in, and go. Super easy, and literally plug and play by all definitions of the term. if you're adept at removing your DME, it'll take you 20 minutes.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:53 AM
ChrisJ951
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If using a MAF, don't you need to upgrade to higher flowing injectors?
Old 04-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cjacob813
good call... forgot about those.... Maybe? even if you do, it should be an additional 20 minutes to swap them out.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

using the stock turbo (k26/6) then no. stock is fine. but it wouldn't hurt changing them also. it's as simple as taking off the 4 bolts for the fuel rail, unplugging the 4 injector wires. pulling the injector clips off and off come the injectors. then do that process backwards
Old 04-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Zeff
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark-87-951
Where did you get those or are you the one who beat me on ebay? ;p lol
That might have been me.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:02 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulyy
using the stock turbo (k26/6) then no. stock is fine. but it wouldn't hurt changing them also. it's as simple as taking off the 4 bolts for the fuel rail, unplugging the 4 injector wires. pulling the injector clips off and off come the injectors. then do that process backwards
making sure those pins dont fly off is half the battle
Old 04-15-2011, 02:48 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The only reason to change the injectors (other than the age of them) is if you increase the air flow (more boost, bigger turbo). The MAF itself doesn't really give you any more power. It removes the intake restriction of the AFM, which is worth a few HP, but thats about it. If you keep the same boost levels, and turbo, your stock injectors are fine....and probably, so is the A-tune.

You could get the MAF M-Tune setup now, with the larger 80lb injectors that Rogue has as an option, and still run a stock turbo....Then to upgrade later, all you would have to do is install the larger turbo. The MAF would compensate for the increase of airflow automatically.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:06 PM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
Literally, driver, you change the chip, remove your airbox, install the Maf and filter, etc, plug it in, and go. Super easy, and literally plug and play by all definitions of the term. if you're adept at removing your DME, it'll take you 20 minutes.
I understand that, I didn't know if you could just buy the maf later and that was the upgrade. Or if there was some sort of credit for having A Tune then upgrading to M Tune.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

I'm fairly certain that you won't be charged for a full M-tune if you get the A-tune earlier, but of course, Josh would be the one to answer that question.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Ifly951
Instructor

I have a question that maybe some of you can help with.

I have an old 4' Huntley MAF setup, with an ARC2. It really does not work very well, car runs rough alot.

Anyway my question is about the MAF itself. I have a Turbonetics Turbo with custom pipe and fittings to the 90mm Ford bullet MAF, then onto a 4' big cone filter.

Should I keep any of this. I was thinking about keeping everything together with the 90mm MAF to the Turbo. Then just purchase a 3' inch cone filter and silicon adapter for the rogue MAF connector.

This way I could save some money on pipeing and buying unnecessary stuff. Plus I already have 2 Map sensors from an older GM car I had. This way I would buy Rogue's C-tune? or some form of a modified M-tune. Any thought's on this? Or is it best to get rid of all stuff associated with Huntley racing.

My goal is to first and foremost get this car running well , and performing reliably. Just get it running smooth and boosting 12 lbs then go up from that.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:02 PM
supes6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates on the M-Tune? I'm guessing we're just waiting on the maf pipe production right?

also, the C-Tune... just wondering, does the C stand for cheapskate?
Old 04-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by supes6
any updates on the M-Tune? I'm guessing we're just waiting on the maf pipe production right?

also, the C-Tune... just wondering, does the C stand for cheapskate?
Originally Posted by www.roguetuning.com
The production M-Tune kit is in the hands of our pre-release testers, and will be available soon! We have made some changes - and all for the better! The MAF/Intake pipe is a high-temp, high-strength composite. This is a piece that we had molded and specially made just for Rogue Tuning! Furthermore, this process was done completely by members of the 951/944 community! The results are excellent, and because each piece is identical, fitment is ensured, and tuning is just that much more accurate!

As soon as the M-Tune is 100%, we will provide a news update, and allow ordering through our Order page.
fyi
Old 04-15-2011, 07:48 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ifly951
I have a question that maybe some of you can help with.

I have an old 4' Huntley MAF setup, with an ARC2. It really does not work very well, car runs rough alot.

Anyway my question is about the MAF itself. I have a Turbonetics Turbo with custom pipe and fittings to the 90mm Ford bullet MAF, then onto a 4' big cone filter.

Should I keep any of this. I was thinking about keeping everything together with the 90mm MAF to the Turbo. Then just purchase a 3' inch cone filter and silicon adapter for the rogue MAF connector.

This way I could save some money on pipeing and buying unnecessary stuff. Plus I already have 2 Map sensors from an older GM car I had. This way I would buy Rogue's C-tune? or some form of a modified M-tune. Any thought's on this? Or is it best to get rid of all stuff associated with Huntley racing.

My goal is to first and foremost get this car running well , and performing reliably. Just get it running smooth and boosting 12 lbs then go up from that.
I.am gonna do some wild A$$ guessing and say that you can loose the ARC2 for sure and Rouge Can burn a chip that will work with that MAF or that MAF and his piggy back will work? Just a hunch nothing more!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:26 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by supes6
any updates on the M-Tune? I'm guessing we're just waiting on the maf pipe production right
lol

Nope. All of the components are done, and ready.

The very last phase of testing is going on right now. Should be a VERY soon for the M-tune.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

C-Tune = "Custom-Tune"

A-Tune owners looking to upgrade to the M-Tune will have discounted pricing.

Ifly951, With so many different pieces - it might be better to just start from a clean state.

Quick Reply: Just Ordered A-Tune