Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951s LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 01:44 AM
tone3721
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by marky522
See buddy, from that point of view were out for the same thing... For me its smoking them with my baster child SQUARED... LOL... I cant wait to hve my car done ( will be years down the road) and sit it out front of the show room with the hood open ITs gonna **** off the purists... See, in the end its all for the same goal. Like i said before, I would not hesitate to help a single person on here with anything from a 924 2.0 to a 968 3.0... I know more about some models than others, but always willing to learn and make some friends...

Mark
A v8 isnt a bastard its a mutt. We are going for very similar things, I just disagree because I feel keeping it pure bred drives that hood open at the Dealer idea home even more. I should be doing that by fall hopefully. Will be dialed in 100% soon. Then on to a 968 ts. Ill be purchasing a garage queen collector of some sort eventually. Cant decide between a slantnose 930, or a ferrari 328 gts. Whichever seems like it will appreciate more. My 944/68's will be daily drivers. The collector just for collecting/investing.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:52 AM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tone3721
A v8 isnt a bastard its a mutt. We are going for very similar things, I just disagree because I feel keeping it pure bred drives that hood open at the Dealer idea home even more. I should be doing that by fall hopefully. Will be dialed in 100% soon. Then on to a 968 ts. Ill be purchasing a garage queen collector of some sort eventually. Cant decide between a slantnose 930, or a ferrari 328 gts. Whichever seems like it will appreciate more. My 944/68's will be daily drivers. The collector just for collecting/investing.
Hey Tone, I need to ask a question... 3.0 like your building, seeing as i havent ever seen one/ driven one etc. what do they compare to drivewise, keep in mind my comparisons are any car produced by porsche in the last 10 years EXCEPT the GT2 (996 or 997)...

Mark
Old 04-11-2009, 01:55 AM
fastmover
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

My 3.0 is all 944. Do your homework. Well, my crank is 968, but the same parts bin. You making those comments is going out on a limb. Seems your 944/68 history/knowledge aint so good. Im all porsche baby. As Ive said to each there own. Ive dealt with renegade hybrids, they can never stop talking about how crappy our engines are. Mostly cause they wanna sell kits. Go ahead molest whats left of our cars. Please try to do an 86' at least. As Ive said to each there own. Seems you have a personal problem. Thats too bad. People come here all the time and **** on our engines, say they suck. Its a constant battle for our cars because they have "puny" 4 bangers. People like you are always ****ting on them. I dont go to a porsche forum to hear people **** on our engines, and try to convince us the V8's are the end all be all. If I wanted that Id be on the hybrid forum. So dont come at me like, i went looking for trouble, I suppose we should just keep quiet while our cars get bashed. In our own forum. Well guess what? Aint gonna happen. 3.0 OWNZ. ALL PORSCHE, SUCKAS. What? Ive had to listen to V8 guys bash our cars for years on rennlist. Not allowed to do the same?
Really your engine is all 944? I guess my Porsche knowledge is lacking huh?

tone3721, 3.0, Alusil, 104mm, 88, mahle, 2.7, LR, stock(951), VR3

So your crank is not 951, your block is not 951, your pistons is not 951, your rods are not 951, your head does not belong on a 951.
My Porsche knowledge is perfectly intact, never mind spending the last 12 years working on them every day of my freakin life. for a living, forget about all the factory training I had to go to, I have forgotten more about Porsches then you could ever possibly learn, Never mind that.

Let me clarify something, I said our 2.5 engine suck overall, I did not say I hated it and cant wait to do an ls swap, did I superman? I said the ls is a better engine overall. I dont molest our cars, lets put it this way, by the time I see our cars they are already molested, hacked and in poor general shape in the 1st place, Not all, but most, and I am sure if I inspected your car right now, I would find a million and one things wrong, or done wrong, it wouldnt be funny, Mr Porsche would jump out of his grave and kick your ****!! And you would go home feeling like a little school girl, do you want to test my knowledge? I am up for it anytime, bring your car by the shop, I hope your fragile ego can take it!!

When did I **** on our cars? Hell, I own 2 of them. If you got a problem with renegade, deal with renegade. Dont attack people just because they want to do an ls swap.

Now to compare 3.0 turbo to a N/A ls is wrong also. take your turbo off, or put a turbo on the ls, and run the identical boost levels. I am sure you would be in for a rude awakening.

Let me just state this again, I am not hating the 951, I love my 88 951 s, and it will stay a turbo 4. I may also upgrade to a 3.0. So do not make me out to be bashing our cars.

Semper fi

Last edited by fastmover; 04-11-2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: I meant 951, as someone pointed out.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:00 AM
fastmover
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Now can we all just get along? Good night gents and ladies (Mark) ha ha I just had to!! C ya Monday Mark.

Semper fi
Old 04-11-2009, 02:04 AM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastmover
When did I **** on our cars? Hell, I own 2 of them. If you got a problem with renegade, deal with renegade. Dont attack people just because they want to do an ls swap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzXcN...eature=related
Old 04-11-2009, 02:09 AM
tone3721
Rennlist Member

Really your engine is all 944? I guess my Porsche knowledge is lacking huh?

tone3721, 3.0, Alusil, 104mm, 88, mahle, 2.7, LR, stock(951), VR3

So your crank is not 944, your block is not 944, your pistons is not 944, your rods are not 944, your head does not belong on a 951.
My Porsche knowledge is perfectly intact, never mind spending the last 12 years working on them every day of my freakin life. for a living, forget about all the factory training I had to go to, I have forgotten more about Porsches then you could ever possibly learn, Never mind that.

Let me clarify something, I said our 2.5 engine suck overall, I did not say I hated it and cant wait to do an ls swap, did I superman? I said the ls is a better engine overall. I dont molest our cars, lets put it this way, by the time I see our cars they are already molested, hacked and in poor general shape in the 1st place, Not all, but most, and I am sure if I inspected your car right now, I would find a million and one things wrong, or done wrong, it wouldnt be funny, Mr Porsche would jump out of his grave and kick your ****!! And you would go home feeling like a little school girl, do you want to test my knowledge? I am up for it anytime, bring your car by the shop, I hope your fragile ego can take it!!

Now to compare 3.0 turbo to a N/A ls is wrong also. take your turbo off, or put a turbo on the ls, and run the identical boost levels. I am sure you would be in for a rude awakening.

Let me just state this again, I am not hating the 951, I love my 88 951 s, and it will stay a turbo 4. I may also upgrade to a 3.0. So do not make me out to be bashing our cars.

Semper fi
Eh wrong! 944s2 block, 944 head, mahle pistons(968 ts oem), yeah the crank is from a 968, same as 944s2 cranks - about 5 lbs. All 924/944/928/968 parts bin. Different years, same pedigree.

Not bashing? Well at least your an enthusiast.

Im not superman, there is always someone faster, and badder. You have no idea about my build. Where is this oh so almighty shop? Im sure my builder would like to know your bad mouthing his work. Cuz his is top notch. Your arrogance and ignorance its obvious when your tout that ****. You have no idea who built my engine, and what kind of work they do. Much less what I know, or will eventually know.
You got issues.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:10 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 500 Posts

ok whisper i LOL'd at that
Old 04-11-2009, 02:14 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Damn this is getting heated. I'd buy everyone a round if I could. We all love these cars guys. I know I do. I love all cars, v8's or turbo 4 it don't make any difference. I can find something great about all of it. I do think that sometimes because we love them and are passionate we fail to see others perspective.

Personally my boost has been kept at 16-17psi since i've been home. I was really thinking about pushing the boost level some and doing some neat things with E-85 and who knows maybe I will someday. For now I want my motor to last because im directing all of my attention(i.e. money) to other parts of the car. What would that extra boost and race fuel/e-85 get me?? Maybe 60-80 more hp? At what cost to the life of the motor? I just don't see it as worth it.

If you are looking for outright power one will find a real tough time argueing against a LS swap. For me im not after outright power, if I was I would have dropped in the LS2 I got. Instead thats going to a track car down the road. I love the feeling of boost and the sounds this car makes. Hell I just love this ****ing car. I don't think I could bring myself to ever get rid of it. Why can't we have our cake and eat it too?

btw gabe. Car should be much better sorted when you see it next month. By July its going to be 80% there. I just can't wait for the new paint job, wing, mirrors, side skirts, splitter to be fitted. God its going to look great! I Look forward to you seeing it again soon. I want to have a "simulated" run against your turbo S.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:24 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea this has gotten pretty funny

I'd say everyone needs some beer time or mat time ......... either would be fine with me right about now.

Have fun gents
Old 04-11-2009, 02:31 AM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now can we all just get along? Good night gents and ladies (Mark) ha ha I just had to!! C ya Monday Mark.

Semper fi
Well that wasn't nice LOL just go back to the garage, put that pos engine back together and quit picking fights will ya!!! LOL see ya Monday.

Mark
Old 04-11-2009, 02:46 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blown 944
yea this has gotten pretty funny

I'd say everyone needs some beer time or mat time ......... either would be fine with me right about now.

Have fun gents
More likely some beer then mat time

-Rogue
Old 04-11-2009, 02:57 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eh wrong! 944s2 block, 944 head, mahle pistons(968 ts oem), yeah the crank is from a 968, same as 944s2 cranks - about 5 lbs. All 924/944/928/968 parts bin. Different years, same pedigree.

Not bashing? Well at least your an enthusiast.

Im not superman, there is always someone faster, and badder. You have no idea about my build. Where is this oh so almighty shop? Im sure my builder would like to know your bad mouthing his work. Cuz his is top notch. Your arrogance and ignorance its obvious when your tout that ****. You have no idea who built my engine, and what kind of work they do. Much less what I know, or will eventually know.
You got issues.
Tone,

On this one I'll have to interject....

FastMover (GABE) knows his ****...to the 10th degree and then some. His shop is in NC and his work is well documented on this board. He is actually getting another car delivered there in about 6 weeks for some work....although I have yet to tell him about it :P
Old 04-11-2009, 03:00 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CPR
Tone,

FastMover (GABE) knows his ****...to the 10th degree and then some. His shop is in NC and his work is well documented on this board. He is actually getting another car delivered there in about 6 weeks for some work....although I have yet to tell him about it :P
Old 04-11-2009, 03:06 AM
tone3721
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CPR
Tone,

Thats great CPR, and I trust your judgement here. But that says nothing of what he knows about my builder. To say my mech builds flaws is not only insulting, but ignorant at best.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:58 AM
tone3721
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by marky522
Hey Tone, I need to ask a question... 3.0 like your building, seeing as i havent ever seen one/ driven one etc. what do they compare to drivewise, keep in mind my comparisons are any car produced by porsche in the last 10 years EXCEPT the GT2 (996 or 997)...

Mark
Hmmm Porsche in the last ten years......its really not quite like any of them. Cayman S with about twice the HP I guess, if I had to choose one. Im really not a big fan of anything from the past 10 years. Carrera GT, I like it. I like the Cayman but its under powered. Everything is in the 911's shadow, and I just dont like rear engine, bah! If I was looking at 100k+ car Id probably buy a ferrari, or ford GT, honestly. Or if price was no object, carrera gt. Ive never driven a CGT, but speculating of course.

edit: I guess, the 997 tt would come closest by the numbers.(480bhp) Outweighs me by a few hundred pounds too IIRC. Im expecting low 400's @ the wheels. On pump gas, with a bit more room to breath on pump gas. Ill know for sure when we dyno tune.

Last edited by tone3721; 04-11-2009 at 05:43 AM.

Quick Reply: 951s LS1?