Tial Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kevincnc
After riding in Sean's 951 with the Tial and Jeremy's with an older Stage II back-to-back, I thought they felt pretty similar. Sean's spooled a little faster but needed more boost to get similar power, and Jeremy's felt like it had a little more up top. I also didn't want to wait and got a Stage II that still partially installed. I'm hoping the spool on the newer Stage II isn't noticeably different than the Tial.
Well are you running his brand new stage 2 full kit? If you are you should be seeing the same results I am. Now my motor is brand new so that may be a factor(in fact lots of the car is new) but, I'm seeing full boost about the same as you guys are quoting above for the tail and I don't think im giving any power up. I mean I may be who knows.

I think buying everything in one place and having one guy do everything always yields better results. Hell my old Lindsey setup made alot of power and had great results for years. I never had a failure. I think people that piece together kits and parts will never be able to get the same results. Thats just my experience anyways.

I still haven't found time to get the a dyno yet so who knows how much power I'm making but, I will say I'm completely satisfied whatever it is, and I'm certainly satisfied with how its delivered.

From what i've seen of the tial kit I LOVE IT! I mean if they had a complete kit ready to go at the time I was buying mine it would be a hard choice between the two regardless of the turbo though I knew the electronics were always going to be Vitesse. Sean(azmi951) is using Johns vitesse board with his tial turbo kit.

I hope they end up making this kit. It would be nice to finally see more cars out there with it so we could compare more.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:12 PM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRP951
I think evil944t has a gt35r instead of the gt30r
correct
Old 04-04-2009, 02:09 AM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Well are you running his brand new stage 2 full kit? If you are you should be seeing the same results I am. Now my motor is brand new so that may be a factor(in fact lots of the car is new) but, I'm seeing full boost about the same as you guys are quoting above for the tail and I don't think im giving any power up. I mean I may be who knows.
It's a 2 year old turbo that I bought used from a wrecked car, so it's the newest design. I have installed the rest of the kit in stages over the past few years, and after I get the turbo install finished I'll upgrade to v-flex, so it will all be the latest stuff like yours. The car has 36k miles and <2% leakdown on all cylinders, so pretty much like new. My time to work on it is limited, since it's all spent working the spec car
Old 04-04-2009, 03:33 AM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

To get back on topic about the Tial turbo, maybe someone could give a summary of what the Tial turbo is actually is-

From what I undersand-

A GT3076R is generally called a GT30R.
A Gt3071R is smaller, should spool faster but with more manifold pressure required to get the same HP.
A GT35 is bigger than the above and makes more power with slower spool.

A Tial is a WTF hot and cold side??
Old 04-04-2009, 05:42 AM
azmi951
Drifting

[QUOTE=evil 944t;6440049]
Originally Posted by CPR

read this thread. Its Dukes Gt35.. 1 bar at 3400rpm. 95ones gt30 1 bar at 3200. Some careful tuning and/or parts and perhaps those numbers could come down.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...h-a-gt35r.html
I have the tial turbo. it is a GT30-71R and it makes one bar at about 2700-2800 in 4th gear.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:43 AM
azmi951
Drifting

Originally Posted by CPR
One more question....what is the preferred management with these?
Vitesse. I had to do MINIMAL tuning with the SMT6 to get perfect AFRs.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:51 AM
azmi951
Drifting

Originally Posted by kevincnc
To get back on topic about the Tial turbo, maybe someone could give a summary of what the Tial turbo is actually is-

From what I undersand-

A Gt3071R is smaller, should spool faster but with more manifold pressure required to get the same HP.

A Tial is a WTF hot and cold side??
Tial wants to keep that info to themselves. I do not know. But it is a GT30-71R CHRA with proprietary housings on both sides.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:19 AM
azmi951
Drifting

To answer even more questions....

Yes it is about as close to a bolt on as you can get.
It fits under the intake just fine.
It uses stock exhaust parts with the bolt on flanges.
The stock alternator fits.
The stock boost lines fit.
The mount is proprietary and will be included as a kit. I do not know if Tial would sell it separately for those with bigger motors and bigger turbos.

I will post my dyno sheet from last year if I get the OK from Tial. The runs were far from ideal but it put down some good numbers and the curves are pretty good.

Like people have said, email Tial asking for this. Show them there is a market but do not just pipe dream.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:22 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Weren't we planning on having a massive dyno day this summer? Should prove interesting....

Originally Posted by azmi951
To answer even more questions....

Yes it is about as close to a bolt on as you can get.
It fits under the intake just fine.
It uses stock exhaust parts with the bolt on flanges.
The stock alternator fits.
The stock boost lines fit.
The mount is proprietary and will be included as a kit. I do not know if Tial would sell it separately for those with bigger motors and bigger turbos.

I will post my dyno sheet from last year if I get the OK from Tial. The runs were far from ideal but it put down some good numbers and the curves are pretty good.

Like people have said, email Tial asking for this. Show them there is a market but do not just pipe dream.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:54 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by fast951
I have been involved with the Tial project since the beginning. As of this morning, there are a few changes to be made to the design. I just found out a few more needed changes, which I will relate to the Tial engineer in charge of the project. I will keep everyone updated as things evolve.
Awesome!
Old 04-04-2009, 07:26 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

[QUOTE=azmi951;6450882]
Originally Posted by evil 944t

I have the tial turbo. it is a GT30-71R and it makes one bar at about 2700-2800 in 4th gear.
SIIIIIICK! Thats a solid 200rpms SOONER than even my spools and I swear this car feels like a K26 car already just with more *****.

I'd really like to drive a car with the Tial kit in it and lord knows i've always loved your car sean.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:32 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I was looking at actually getting the Vitesse stage II bolted up later this year and now you guys have me thinking ...
Old 04-04-2009, 10:58 PM
JET951
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by azmi951
hi Sean,
in what way were the runs far from ideal?
Old 04-05-2009, 03:04 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

He wasn't tuned 100% and to my knowledge his boost was not perfectly constant. Right now he runs ~18psi.

Sean and I were motoring along NE Tucson a few weeks back, and we decided to do some 3rd gear pulls. His spools noticeably sooner than my Vitesse St III, perhaps by a few hundred RPM. Consequently, he pulls on me at first, but I catch up at around 4500 RPM due to the bangin-*** top end that the Vitesse provides.

It sounds like the tial turbo with a bigger turbine housing would make for a ridiculously awesome turbo...
Old 04-05-2009, 04:15 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Collin- Have you had any other run ins with other cars? C5 Z06's or anything? What do you estimate your power to be?

Quick Reply: Tial Turbo