Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Tial Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:48 AM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

95one said his test was done in 3rd gear without the lean to rich trick in that thread

Last edited by TRP951; 04-01-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sent an e-mail to TiAL this morning as recommended by SSi Performance to ensure they know that there is enough interest to keep making these.

As the only thing I dislike about current turbos is the lack of low end pull, I let them know if these numbers are correct, I'll take 3 immediately. 2 of them I know what they will go on....the third....well...I guess I need one more '51

One more question....what is the preferred management with these? I guess I should say...what type of management were the TiAL owners running?

Thanks again.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:08 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

Interested in the price!
I want a bolt on turbo.....
Old 04-01-2009, 04:06 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Late to the party. I'm pretty sure it was 23psi by 3300rpm. 15psi by 31xx. It moves so fast between the two it's hard to time it. It was in 3rd gear on a dyno. It spooled a little faster with weight / load on the street. We didn't do the lean to rich fueling. As soon as I hit wide open throttle, Air fuels went strait to the 11's. I never went back to tune the 13's to the 11's under boost. SHould help. The additional advantage of the Duall BB is the in between shifting and off/ on spool response. Instant is the word.

View this video to actually experience it. You can hardly tell the lag between gunning the pedal. very fast. But you be the judge if you haven't already seen it.

Here
Old 04-01-2009, 05:42 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by evil 944t
John,

Can you discuss more? I was talking with the owner he had 2 complete kits. He is the one who sent me the pictures and there was no mention of things needing to be changed. The only part that wasn't done was the cooling lines. He had pricing and everything. It seemed done to me.
Perhaps you should ask Tial directly.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:12 PM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by 95ONE
Late to the party. I'm pretty sure it was 23psi by 3300rpm. 15psi by 31xx. It moves so fast between the two it's hard to time it. It was in 3rd gear on a dyno. It spooled a little faster with weight / load on the street. We didn't do the lean to rich fueling. As soon as I hit wide open throttle, Air fuels went strait to the 11's. I never went back to tune the 13's to the 11's under boost. SHould help. The additional advantage of the Duall BB is the in between shifting and off/ on spool response. Instant is the word.

View this video to actually experience it. You can hardly tell the lag between gunning the pedal. very fast. But you be the judge if you haven't already seen it.

Here

Holy Hell. I need one of these....BAD.

Thanks for the vid
Old 04-01-2009, 11:39 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fast951
Perhaps you should ask Tial directly.
Perhaps my post was unclear. I spoke to the Owner of Tial and he made no mention of changes. Perhaps he doesn't know of any changes. You mentioned you knew and that is why I'm asking you.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:35 AM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by 95ONE

Here
95ONE,

Where did you get yours? And does whomever, still sell them?

Thanks again....and again...
Old 04-03-2009, 12:11 PM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

He did his own fab and install work
Old 04-03-2009, 01:22 PM
95ONE
Race Car

yes sir.^^. I did a fairly detailed write up.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:33 PM
TurboTim
Banned

We are waiting for Tial to get back to us with pricing an availability on these turbos for the 944t.We should be able to offer unbeatable pricing since we are Master WD distributors with them.

Tim
Old 04-03-2009, 03:59 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the idea of a tial turbo. The only reason I didn't go with one is plug in play. I spoke with sean(amzi951) about his setup before I ever called Vitesse. He was very very pleased with it but, didn't have any idea of when they would be making more or have a complete kit. Back then(march of 08') he said they were hoping to have a completed kit ready for purchase before winter however here we are a year later and still no kit.

I think its a great turbo and I liked it because I was after quick spool and not top end big power. The tial gets insane spoolup and makes for a very fast street car. Easy around down with all that low end power. That being said johns stage 2 kit I feel does the same thing.

I'm getting 16psi at around 3050-3100 rpms. Those are insane numbers considering this turbo is much bigger than my old K26. I'd expect the tial kit to have similar spool up numbers.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:16 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TurboTim
We are waiting for Tial to get back to us with pricing an availability on these turbos for the 944t.We should be able to offer unbeatable pricing since we are Master WD distributors with them.

Tim
Tim,

IIRC the Tial prototype that Sean got is based on GT3071R. Other than being a bolt-on kit, can you talk about what differences there are between the Tial and a standard GT3071R that you already sell? What makes the Tial better? Tial turbine housing is different but the wheels are the same? Compressor housing? Evil 944t's inlet looks huge, where Sean's was pretty small I think..

Old 04-03-2009, 08:25 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
I love the idea of a tial turbo. The only reason I didn't go with one is plug in play. I spoke with sean(amzi951) about his setup before I ever called Vitesse. He was very very pleased with it but, didn't have any idea of when they would be making more or have a complete kit. Back then(march of 08') he said they were hoping to have a completed kit ready for purchase before winter however here we are a year later and still no kit.

I think its a great turbo and I liked it because I was after quick spool and not top end big power. The tial gets insane spoolup and makes for a very fast street car. Easy around down with all that low end power. That being said johns stage 2 kit I feel does the same thing.

I'm getting 16psi at around 3050-3100 rpms. Those are insane numbers considering this turbo is much bigger than my old K26. I'd expect the tial kit to have similar spool up numbers.
After riding in Sean's 951 with the Tial and Jeremy's with an older Stage II back-to-back, I thought they felt pretty similar. Sean's spooled a little faster but needed more boost to get similar power, and Jeremy's felt like it had a little more up top. I also didn't want to wait and got a Stage II that still partially installed. I'm hoping the spool on the newer Stage II isn't noticeably different than the Tial.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:49 PM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kevincnc
Tim,

IIRC the Tial prototype that Sean got is based on GT3071R. Other than being a bolt-on kit, can you talk about what differences there are between the Tial and a standard GT3071R that you already sell? What makes the Tial better? Tial turbine housing is different but the wheels are the same? Compressor housing? Evil 944t's inlet looks huge, where Sean's was pretty small I think..

I think evil944t has a gt35r instead of the gt30r

Quick Reply: Tial Turbo