Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Deutsch Nine 968TRS Group Buy.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 08:37 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talk with D9 and see if you guys can work a deal. If not we can discuss it from there.

Excuse the short tone, and no offense intended, but last time I mentioned this I was obliterated. And I am a bit tired of playing defense over the last several months. Hell, I used to enjoy coming here....

Either way, I'll help where I can.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:08 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CPR
Talk with D9 and see if you guys can work a deal. If not we can discuss it from there.

Excuse the short tone, and no offense intended, but last time I mentioned this I was obliterated. And I am a bit tired of playing defense over the last several months. Hell, I used to enjoy coming here....

sissy...

lol,, welcome to the club..
Old 03-26-2009, 10:32 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evil 944t
sissy...

Speak of the devil...
Old 03-26-2009, 10:48 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sissy...

Making bombs is so much simpler.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:08 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by CPR

That's the rennlist bug...it only bites if you help people selflessly, then it comes out of the blue and sinks it's teeth in....oh that was fun reliving the past
Old 03-26-2009, 11:26 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by testarossa_td
That's the rennlist bug...it only bites if you help people selflessly, then it comes out of the blue and sinks it's teeth in....oh that was fun reliving the past
With the current cost of Sponsorship and the flaming why would anyone try to induce such pain on themselves?

I personally like the rubber stock wing, but it is a personal choice, Differentiates it from an RX-7...
Old 03-27-2009, 02:25 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CPR

Damn i'm really trying to support you personally because your local. If you really aren't interested then I guess we can give them a call. I understand what you mean and agree the rennlist peanut gallery bullying is for the birds.

I guess i'll send out a email to D9. I'll keep everyone updated on price and what they say they can do.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:27 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
I've always really wanted one of these on my car. I know Patrick said he could make us some but, would need deposits down on "x" number of potentials. I just got the car back from the body shop and their rates seem reasonable.

So the car will be going for a respray and 968 mirrors, TRS wing, and splitter. After our May GTG. I want to purchase all of those from one place. I know there are others out there who said they would buy a TRS wing if Patrick made one.

I really want it in carbon Patrick. Is that possible?

So lets get a list going of who is in..

1. Porshhhh951
2. Lorax(price dependent)
3. reno808(price dependent)
4. Rob(price dependent)
5. Animus (price dependent)
6. Ballistic-Chapman(no trim)
Ok, I'll bite..(john, this is not directed at you. Its an open letter to RL'isters)

I would like a 09' RSR (price dependent). Come on guys put your money up!

D9 is making a real nice TRS wing, cost + $1100'ish. Why would you expect Patrick to go through the same trouble making a TRS wing when everyone crapped on his V3 splitter? Then you want him to make a carbon version for less money than D9's?? Once he sells it for close to cost, you want him to add things on, remove parts, change designs, blah, blah, blah.. Sounds like fun.

Making parts and "helping" people out with the costs is great but, I can't see asking someone to go through all that trouble when D9 already has a finished product. I'm not supporting either vendor, I'm just asking why must people on this forum constantly beat up the very few vendors we have?? At $125 a month to become a vendor, you need to make a few bucks to continue to come out with new products.. If we don't pay, vendors will stop making new things.

Prove me wrong, I would bet if you priced up the OEM rubber wing, it would be north of $1k. Why are we constantly asking for more and expecting to pay less????

As CPR suggested, we should contact D9, pay regular price but ship them in together to lower overall costs. Once they get here, have someone donate their time to split them up and send them around the US.

Ok, rant over.. Sorry for the tone but stuff like this gets me going. This post may not come accross as constructive so, ban suit on..
Old 03-27-2009, 02:30 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Damn i'm really trying to support you personally because your local. If you really aren't interested then I guess we can give them a call. I understand what you mean and agree the rennlist peanut gallery bullying is for the birds.

I guess i'll send out a email to D9. I'll keep everyone updated on price and what they say they can do.

John,

Sorry but I just dropped a huge rant on your original post.. I love supporting local vendors but this might not be a good choice, with this product anyways..
Old 03-27-2009, 02:38 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

John,

Soory but I just dropped a huge rant on your original post.. I love supporting local vendors but this might not be a good choice, with this product anyways..
Its fine. I understand. I was honestly just thinking of buying his other stuff anyways and since he mentioned it, it just made sense. However I really get it. We will be contacting D9 on this and see where that lands us.

No harm no foul. I certainly hope I didn't ruffle any feathers and I certainly don't have a problem paying out the money as long as the product is there. I initially was hesitant about it but, now everything is in the clear financial wise. Next month I'm good to go on the body work.

So like I said no worries. I will contact D9 tell them I got a half of dozen or so buyers in for a TRS and see what they can do if anything.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:47 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Nah, I get it. I just think once in a while, if you want something, you need to pay for it. I understand that not everyone has the money to do these wings but just as I said, I'd love an RSR but I can't afford one so I'll let it go, lol..

I Like CPR, I like supporting locals and I have a few CPR products so, I speak from experience. That being said, I don't blame CPR for not wanting to do this. IMHO, If I was CPR, I would take on other products or drink beer and get cheap hookers.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:16 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Nah, I get it. I just think once in a while, if you want something, you need to pay for it. I understand that not everyone has the money to do these wings but just as I said, I'd love an RSR but I can't afford one so I'll let it go, lol..

I Like CPR, I like supporting locals and I have a few CPR products so, I speak from experience. That being said, I don't blame CPR for not wanting to do this. IMHO, If I was CPR, I would take on other products or drink beer and get cheap hookers.
When I said price dependent, I meant it. As in, I need to know what the price is before I buy it. I also need to see at least one finished and installed version before I spend almost 1k on something, that's all.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:24 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

We understand. We will go to someone with a finished product.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:40 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm sure there is plenty of room for both companies to exist happily. The reality of being a local guy and trying to do 'the right thing' by us Rennlisters seems to have hit home for CPR. He has developed his parts so far at very little if any markup. The D9 product will be very good, offer adj downforce, look great etc and lets imagine that we were asking Porsche to do us a modified version of the original and finish it better as well. Can you imagine how much that would cost?
I'd be buying one for sure if I hadn't already got something similar and the new race wing and shipping plus exchange rate hits us a lot harder than you guys.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:03 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just made yesterday some 911 fiberglass stuff, and wondered again why i am making that. That is so s**t business to do. I can easily understand why D9 product might sound expensive. At least from the pictures you can see it is very well done. Making good products from GF (like D9 wing) it usually means multiple molds because of the shape . That means you have to "glue" all these parts together and after that finish the product. Making one 968 turbo RS wing can take several hours, almost one working day (if the quality is held at top level). We all have to think in what price we are willing to do this kind of product for sale. What is the value of our working hour etc. Also material cost something. After all also GF/polyester is not totally free.
If we would like to have these for better price it might be better idea to have it fabricated from something else like plastic. I suppose CPR/Patrick can calculate the price for tooling etc. I can understand tooling might be expensive tough, if we think how many potential customers there might be. Then there is the third possibility; fabricate wing ourselves. Making GF products is not that difficult if you have some time to learn it. After all most people who make GF products have learn it.
btw i just bought new unused oem 968 turbo RS rear wing for 150€. I already sold it to USA....

Quick Reply: Deutsch Nine 968TRS Group Buy.