Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

data search - cost to get 500rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 06:42 PM
944J
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
ROFL! Junk yard parts aren't even in the galaxy of what is necessary for that kind of power. I won't go into chassis flex and overall stresses to the rest of the car. Do a search. There are volumes on this, including a few of my threads. There is...NO WAY TO DO THIS CHEAPLY! PERIOD!
ive talked to people who've done it cheaply, you are just full of hot air.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:42 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 944J
why dont you fvck off read the first post where it says if you don't have anything to add to the post then stay the fvck out.
Why don't you stop wasting our time. You've been given your info, now go do your homework.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you finish this project please post pics and videos.

How long do you plan on keeping the car running?
Old 02-22-2009, 06:52 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 501 Posts

go get a junkyard MAF and wire it up, slap some 83 lb injectors on there, get a big stonkin turbo and put a 25 psi chip on there and see how long it lasts at whatever power you make
Old 02-22-2009, 06:52 PM
944J
Banned

here's someone offering to do it FOR YOU for $7k so right there is PROOF of what i'm saying so you can all stuff it

http://www.porschehybrids.com/php/vi...php?f=6&t=3192
Old 02-22-2009, 07:05 PM
944J
Banned

Why don't you stop wasting our time. You've been given your info, now go do your homework.
why dont you grow up past high school and get over the bullsh!t
Old 02-22-2009, 07:08 PM
944J
Banned

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
go get a junkyard MAF and wire it up, slap some 83 lb injectors on there, get a big stonkin turbo and put a 25 psi chip on there and see how long it lasts at whatever power you make
like i said, with a stock motor its good to about 300whp, thats it

anything else after that has diminishing returns for the dollar until someone comes up with some new advancement in these motors.

where you can cheaply get a ls1 or lt1 into your 944na and out power the $8000 951 + $5000 vitesse kit

like i said i've made a few conclusions

1) most of you are a bunch of aholes, but you all knew that

2) if you want power over 300whp get a ls1/lsx/lt1 off to porschehybrids.com for that

3) if you are happy with 300whp and turbo lag get a vitesse chip for your 2.5L 951 engine
Old 02-22-2009, 07:27 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm done with you. You come here asking for info, and when you don;t like what you get, you act like an ***. Get lost.

BTW, you say you bought that 928 pig for your Dad here, then claim that you bought it for you on your little page. You use someone elses car, and claim it's yours, as well.
Is there ANYTHING you aren't lieing about?
I'm out.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:32 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why dont you fvck off read the first post where it says if you don't have anything to add to the post then stay the fvck out.
like i said, with a stock motor its good to about 300whp, thats it

anything else after that has diminishing returns for the dollar until someone comes up with some new advancement in these motors.

where you can cheaply get a ls1 or lt1 into your 944na and out power the $8000 951 + $5000 vitesse kit

like i said i've made a few conclusions

1) most of you are a bunch of aholes, but you all knew that

2) if you want power over 300whp get a ls1/lsx/lt1 off to porschehybrids.com for that

3) if you are happy with 300whp and turbo lag get a vitesse chip for your 2.5L 951 engine
Interesting....so if I do not agree with your presumption that you can build a reliable 500rwhp 951 from junkyard parts and used engines/drivetrain components then I should get the fvck out....interesting.

But do me and yourself a favor...do not drag a reputable first class vendor like John Vitesse into your little arguement when it is obvious you have no clue about his products NOR what they are capable of.

I could careless what your thoughts of me are, but unless you have used his products you should stick to your own advice and comment on what you are knowledgeable about, although I am sure that would be a short conversation.

Goodnight sir.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:41 PM
944J
Banned

For your application you can go with the Stage 2 or Stage 3 kits. It depends on your long term goals. On pump gas, people are getting anywhere from 300-330rwhp. (some get more, but on 91oct, I rather leave lots of safety and leave some HP/TQ on the table). The kits are capable of much more power, but that's when the fuel becomes a factor.
We have the dyno charts and the prices on our website, click on the charts to get a idea.

As far as drivability and reliability, nothing comes close to our turbos and engine management.

Let me know if you have any questions.
oops did i just do what you said not to do? oh darn
Old 02-22-2009, 07:46 PM
944J
Banned

Originally Posted by CPR
Interesting....so if I do not agree with your presumption that you can build a reliable 500rwhp 951 from junkyard parts and used engines/drivetrain components then I should get the fvck out....interesting.

But do me and yourself a favor...do not drag a reputable first class vendor like John Vitesse into your little arguement when it is obvious you have no clue about his products NOR what they are capable of.

I could careless what your thoughts of me are, but unless you have used his products you should stick to your own advice and comment on what you are knowledgeable about, although I am sure that would be a short conversation.

Goodnight sir.
that's not what i said, what i said is the only reason you joined this thread was to put me down, you had nothing of substance to add to it, just blatant put downs... even after i shoved PROOF so far up your **** that you even know you are full of shart you still come back with blatant put downs...

again, you are being held back to kindergarten

read the very first post, it says if you dont have anything to add to the post then stay out

yes that meant you and the other azzwhipes who have nothing better to do than put others down on this board

i don't have to put up with your crap, go jump in a lake or something

but remember, with all your experience and sponsorship it only took me 30 seconds of research to prove you 100% wrong --> see the link to the guy who's done 8 (yes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 - eight) v8 swaps in 944s and who will DO IT FOR YOU for $7k... do it yourself and you can do it for prob $2-$3k cheaper.

go cry to your shiney red 951 and your rennlist daddy

lol
Old 02-22-2009, 07:48 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You guys can have a healthy debate all you want about attaining your big BHP goals, however please refrain from dropping the f-bomb or even close to it.

Back to the program...
Old 02-22-2009, 07:49 PM
944J
Banned

I'm done with you. You come here asking for info, and when you don;t like what you get, you act like an ***. Get lost.

BTW, you say you bought that 928 pig for your Dad here, then claim that you bought it for you on your little page. You use someone elses car, and claim it's yours, as well.
Is there ANYTHING you aren't lieing about?
I'm out.
wow you are really pushing the limit of valuable information!

the 928 is in my name, but i got it FOR MY DAD, how would you know, shove it buddy!!

lol
Old 02-22-2009, 07:50 PM
944J
Banned

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
You guys can have a healthy debate all you want about attaining your big BHP goals, however please refrain from dropping the f-bomb or even close to it.

Back to the program...
yeah its like a retaliation in sports the guy who was the criminal gets a way with it the guy retaliating gets ejected!
Old 02-22-2009, 07:50 PM
tone3721
Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 314 Posts

Ya know, in all honesty "cheap", and Porsche dont belong in the same sentence really. Hell, they dont belong in the same novel. If your looking for "cheap" please do yourself, and those of us trying to preserve what integrity the 951 has left a favor, and buy a vette or something similar. No offense. It may be just me, but anyone looking to just plug a 500hp v8 into ours cars fail to see the finer points of a porsche. Im all for power, but a little goes a whooooole lot further in our cars, than the hunk of crap, the v8 was pulled from. The weight difference means that the muscle car needs 500hp to be bad, where as the 951 doesnt. IMO for street I wouldnt push more than about 400 in our cars, regardless of what engine im running. Even at 400, your probably faster than the muscle car with 500. Power to weight is everything IMO. The cars were built to be fast, but the werent built to handle super big power. For all intensive purposes tho, it pushes plenty. It is what it is. Not the most powerful, or fastest cars in the world by any means.

Quick Reply: data search - cost to get 500rwhp