Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Winter project under way. Updated 01/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 11:28 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a sneak peak at the direction its going. Still. It won't be white. But there will be parts that are. So white is the first color. I still have to do some welding in the interior before I can paint that. Roof is completely molded in. So is the drain rail, now one with the roof.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking good!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:55 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Sweet!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:59 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Now doesn't that look all nice and shiny with it's new coat Bruce! Did you do the paint too?
Those wheels look a nice snug fit too.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:14 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

NICE keep going
Old 11-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

This forum is starting to get some real nice builds nowadays compared to like 8 years ago when it was considered pretty cool when a forum member had a MAF system
Old 11-16-2011, 10:28 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Looking good!
Originally Posted by Duke
Sweet!
Originally Posted by reno808
NICE keep going
Thank YOU. Its so nice to see something start to come together. So much work and it's looked like so little.

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Now doesn't that look all nice and shiny with it's new coat Bruce! Did you do the paint too?
Those wheels look a nice snug fit too.
No.. I didn't paint it. I have a paint and body guy / friend at the shop.

The wheels. well.. I have a spacer coming to make them flush, and the car is going to be lowered another inch and a half.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:57 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 95ONE
Thank YOU. Its so nice to see something start to come together. So much work and it's looked like so little.

No.. I didn't paint it. I have a paint and body guy / friend at the shop.

The wheels. well.. I have a spacer coming to make them flush, and the car is going to be lowered another inch and a half.
Yea tell me about it. I have been working on mine for 3 years. And now that i finally got it running and drivable. Still tons of tune left had a crappy base map. Awsome feeling when i took it out of the drive way. makes it all worth it.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:46 PM
AScholtes
Pro

simply put.... damn!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 PM
95ONE
Race Car

No pics, but a small Update. I just re-did the harness bar. I cut out the straight bar and bent one that curves back 4". I welded up the gussets and harness guides. The welding didn't come out as pretty as I was hoping for.I guess I'm a little rusty welding upside down with metal in my back, and my face smashed in a corner and no way to adjust TIG voltage. So.. It is what it is I guess. I also removed my passenger foot well bar and re bent a new one to make as a leg /Dry sump tank protecter. I guess I can post a pic of that just for explanation. I STILL don't have my pistons flycut. Machinists are just a pain in the ***. Well, the good ones are. Bad with numbers and time, but good at their art. It seems to go hand in hand. I'm having to figure it out myself. I might just go the ghetto way and just get a cutter "valve" and do it with the pistons in the motor. I don't know. desperate words at this point.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:37 PM
74goldtarga
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 72 Posts

Love the cage, you and your passenger should feel very secure. What are you doing for doors? dash? I really wish my cage had door bars like that - I kept the stock doors so my door bars don't bow out like yours but run just flush with the inner sheet metal on the stock door (wanted to keep stock windows). Mine are a bit intimidating for getting in and out of which concerns me if there is a fire - ingress and egress should not be too bad with those.

Also, what is the sheet metal in the back of the car around the supports for your wing? Fuel Cell?
Old 12-04-2011, 11:19 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice!!
Old 12-04-2011, 11:32 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by blown 944
Very nice!!
It is a bit rough in the TIG department, but thank you SID.

Originally Posted by 74goldtarga
Love the cage, you and your passenger should feel very secure. What are you doing for doors? dash? I really wish my cage had door bars like that - I kept the stock doors so my door bars don't bow out like yours but run just flush with the inner sheet metal on the stock door (wanted to keep stock windows). Mine are a bit intimidating for getting in and out of which concerns me if there is a fire - ingress and egress should not be too bad with those.

Also, what is the sheet metal in the back of the car around the supports for your wing? Fuel Cell?
My Dash is going to be quite unique. Almost a "False" dash, but you'd never know. I will post in the future and take many pics on this. In this thread.

The aluminum metal work is to separate the Fuel tank for the interior as the rules state. But maybe you haven't read the whole thread.. It IS a long one. I cut the whole back half off the car and rebuilt it using aluminum and fiberglass. These panels fulfill the most racing class rules and finish off and hide the wheel wells and Aluminum bars holding the rear of the car together.

But for my doors. I have fiberglass ones. I will be doing some pretty cool things with those also. Some aluminum Angle iron and a trick button to unlock the doors from the sill. (shaved handles ) Here's a pic of them in their current raw state.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:19 AM
74goldtarga
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 72 Posts

Just saw your roof intake, I have never seen a mid-engine 944 V8, this should be interesting.

My Pantera had shaved door handles with hidden buttons to pop the door electrically, very cool in a custom low-rider kind of way.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:42 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by 74goldtarga
Just saw your roof intake, I have never seen a mid-engine 944 V8, this should be interesting.

My Pantera had shaved door handles with hidden buttons to pop the door electrically, very cool in a custom low-rider kind of way.
Bloomington eh. I was up there this past April. I sell Donaldson Filters. Mostly hydraulic. (among other hydraulic items) I was up there to visit the sales crew and learn more. You may or may not know who they are. I DID enjoy the mall of America.

Roof scoop for cool air on my neck.. AND.. it was an aluminum piece that fit my roof. I was desperately needing a roof. I'm very glad that chapter is over. But still, even I laugh at it often. I'm actually growing fond of it lately. It is quite tasteful though when compared to the ORCA car. Quite a large scoop even if it is for a trans cooler in the rear. I'm not too fond of that scoop.

no electric poppers here. Just a not so hidden button. And Pantera's are pretty cool in any way.

Quick Reply: Winter project under way. Updated 01/07