Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Remind me to never let my picture get distributed on Rennlist... lol

Regards,
Old 09-26-2007, 03:09 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by George D
I'll let Russell chime in here. I'll send him an e-mail and let him respond.

George
Thanks George, good to speak with you again!

There's a couple of schools of thought on spinning up a turbo quicker. Some people retard timing to generate hotter exhaust and thus raising the efficiency of the turbo at lower rpms. Another way is to lean out the mixture and ramp up the timing to cause the engine to achieve rpm faster time wise. This is my approach, then once the boost curve has begun fuel comes back in accordingly and timing is pulled back. I do this with all my tuning. The turbo itself has the greatest effect on the power band of the engine than any other single component. The tune has to match the turbo first. With over 400 happy 951 clients, the comments I hear the most are "smoother", "more low end torque", and "spools faster". And of course the occasional "this thing runs like crap, I want my money back"...

Regards,
Russell
Old 09-26-2007, 04:05 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRP951
actually I think Tim looks more like mario batali on the food network

I cant wait to see how these turbos perform since the only thing I know about them is they look cool
LOL. He does look like the bigger, fuller version of me.Hey this is one step up from Bonaducci because honestly,the only thing we have in common is red hair and our crack ***** addiction
Old 09-26-2007, 04:14 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by sh944
Remind me to never let my picture get distributed on Rennlist... lol

Regards,

Funny you should say that - we have a price on your head.

But its not currently as high as one other Rennlister..........
Old 09-26-2007, 04:59 PM
George D
Drifting

Russell,

I'm holding you to your promise of having 15psi by 3500RPM with this big turbo!!

George
Old 09-26-2007, 05:26 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by George D

Russell,

I'm holding you to your promise of having 15psi by 3500RPM with this big turbo!!

George
Did you buy the NOS tanks?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Naplesguy06
Racer

well after 5 pages of water/oil cooling arguements I am convinced to keep my plumbing . Porsche had it right with the oil/water cooling, they learned this was necessary due to the short lifespan of the 924 turbo's dry kkk, you all should know this fact.Weissach worked on the k/26/6 for the 951 for a year to get it right for the 951.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:13 AM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

remember it's very popular with audi crowd to run oil only...

C'mon guys! don't argue over this, we all crash/blow up our engines before turbo dies.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:22 AM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by anders44
remember it's very popular with audi crowd to run oil only...

C'mon guys! don't argue over this, we all crash/blow up our engines before turbo dies.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:59 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once you start looking for well designed products for your 951 Speed Force Racing will be on the high end of the very short list of those worth spending your money on.

Cheap, fast, reliable. Pick any two, with a Porsche it is already two by default.

With a modified Porsche you only care about those two options anyway.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:47 PM
George D
Drifting

well after 5 pages of water/oil cooling arguements I am convinced to keep my plumbing . Porsche had it right with the oil/water cooling, they learned this was necessary due to the short lifespan of the 924 turbo's dry kkk, you all should know this fact.Weissach worked on the k/26/6 for the 951 for a year to get it right for the 951.

We are NOT talking about stock turbos here. You should NEVER disconnect your water plumbing on your car. Your turbo will surely die a premature death. The only reason I am not using water is because THIS TURBO IS DESIGNED TO RUN DRY FROM IT'S INCEPTION. The 924 and 951 stuff is over 20 years old.

How you came up with the idea that I or anyone else was even remotely talking about plugging your water plumbing on your turbo that was designed to have water cooling is a mystery to me.

The water plumbing for your turbo is MANDATORY for any expected life span.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

George
Old 09-27-2007, 06:17 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

I read the posts about the dry vs. water fight, and I'm going to have to say both have their perks.

I don't like the idea of running the **** out of a turbo car, then shutting it off and hoping upon the the turbo water pump to do the work for me. I would let the car idle (or atleast stay out of boot) for 5 minutes after very hard runs. Like Tim said, the turbo isn't going to get hotter then what it was, it'll only cool down. There for, I don't see a problem with staying out of boost or idling for 5 minutes. With idling, your still flowing coolant and oil through for 5 minutes. Having the car stationary isn't necessairly the best bet, as there's no airflow into the bay. This is why I say a good 5 minutes of off-boost running is best, so you're getting air into the compartment and the turbo isn't working hard.

I think it's awesome to see new products coming out. I hope to be in the turbo crowd before long, so I'm cheering on the companys producing items. Not to mention, anyone who is putting this turbo on their car isn't expecting or even going to be driving the car that way for 50k+ miles.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:22 PM
George D
Drifting

This is why we have "cool down" laps at the track.

George

Quick Reply: 951 and the GT-k turbo