Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

MAXhpkit - US distributor of Scivision MAF (RL Promotion)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 07:49 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MAXhpkit - US distributor of Scivision MAF (RL Promotion)

Hello everyone,

In the past we have had great success with customers who use the Scivision MAF with our chip sets. I have recommended this unit to many people, but recently people started coming to me saying they cannot purchase the Scivision any longer.

I've been speaking with the designer of the Scivision system, and we have come to an accord. MAXhpkit will become the US distributor of the Scivision MAF kits beginning in August.

A big factor in a lot of people's decision to purchase is cost. Unfortunately because of the currency exchange situation, I cannot purchase the kits as inexpensively as I would like. However, I am going to offer the units with my chips with a VERY small profit margin on the units themselves to bring overall costs down. When I order the first 10 units I will start a promotion on the MAF itself at $750.00 US, and I will further reduce the chip cost from 249.00 to 199.00 for the promotion, thereby bringing the total cost of the Scivision MAF kit with 951MAX DME III chips to 949.00 USD.

After the promotion, the MAF will retail at $775.00 USD and will reduce the chip price to $224.00 USD when paired with the kit for a total of $999.00USD

The first 10 units I order will be for the 944 Turbo / S cars, but will have the availability for 944NA/S/S2, 911 3.2, and 964. Chip pairs for all of these units will be available by the end of August.

I will accept orders for these units on our website at http://www.maxhpkit.com begining in August.

Regards,
Russell

Last edited by rberry951; 07-23-2007 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Pricing
Old 07-20-2007, 08:07 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to hear, Russell. Keep it up!
Old 07-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm running this MAF and Russell's chips. It's the best I've used yet. The Bosch MAF is top quality and uses newer technology than the traditional hotwire MAFs. Compared to the original Scivision/Promax price, this is a great deal.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:59 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would it be accurate to say that thesed (the chips and MAF) can be used to improve performance and drivability on an otherwise stock car, as well as grow with future modifications such as larger turbo, larger injectors, exhaust, etc., requiring only a chip swap?

(Sent you an email, Russell, with some more questions)
Old 07-21-2007, 02:22 AM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Wow thats great, I've been a fan of that kit for sometime just I didn't like the price and having to mess with international shipping. Will we be able to update our 951max chips to maf chips like we can update them with mods now?
Old 07-21-2007, 05:39 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

I've been using the Scivision MAF and MAX chips for a while now. Great combination. Nice job Russell.

BTW - Im upgrading the turbo....do I need a new chip?
Old 07-21-2007, 04:11 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by danny951
Would it be accurate to say that thesed (the chips and MAF) can be used to improve performance and drivability on an otherwise stock car, as well as grow with future modifications such as larger turbo, larger injectors, exhaust, etc., requiring only a chip swap?

(Sent you an email, Russell, with some more questions)
Actually if the car is completely stock you can install just the MAF kit and gain crisper response, quicker spoolup, and better all around driving, then go with chips once you make some other modifications that include increasing boost.

I haven't received an email from you, drop me a note on my contact form at http://www.maxhpkit.com/contact.htm so your email address will be white-listed.

Regards,
Russell
Old 07-21-2007, 04:12 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by Andial951
I've been using the Scivision MAF and MAX chips for a while now. Great combination. Nice job Russell.

BTW - Im upgrading the turbo....do I need a new chip?
Yep, just drop me a line letting me know what your final setup will be and when you need it.

Regards,
Russell
Old 07-21-2007, 04:13 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Default Pics

Here's a couple of pics for those who don't know what the Scivision MAF kit includes.

Regards,
Russell
Attached Images   
Old 07-21-2007, 04:25 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Wow, looks great Russell, congrats.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:05 PM
sawood12
Racer

I've got a few questions about the SciVision kit. Whilst the idea of a 100% plug and play solution sounds perfect and I am convinced the SciVision system provides very accurate fuelling and measurement under most conditions, how does the system get around the limitations of the AFM system? I believe the AFM's barn door is fully open at around 4krpm with the output voltage being maximum meaning the fuelling is running purely off a map against throttle position rather than actual measured airflow. Does the SciVision system get around this? Previously I was intending to get this kit from Promax in the UK but struggled to get the answer to this question and i've been put off since. Please convince me that this system is as effective as the other MAF kits out there and doesn't suffer the shortfalls of the AFM.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Transaxle
Instructor

Originally Posted by sawood12
I believe the AFM's barn door is fully open at around 4krpm with the output voltage being maximum meaning the fuelling is running purely off a map against throttle position rather than actual measured airflow.
The standard DME programming does not use any AFM input under WOT conditions. Fuel and ignition are based on tables against rpm. The DME does not know any throttle position. The KLR controls a defined boost curve against throttle and rpm and defines the WOT conditions.

This MAF kit is designed to be fully compatible with the standard AFM - just without the flow restrictions. So it should run in most AFM configurations without changes.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:45 PM
sawood12
Racer

So is it not possible for the AFM barn door not to be fully open unless you are at WOT conditions? Say under heavy accellaration when the throttle is just off the WOT position? Or is WOT 'mode' invoked once the AFM barn door is fully open irrespective of throttle position?
Old 07-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

There is at least 1 if not 2 very long threads discussing the Scivision Maf......do a search.

You wont find huge horsepower gains (like for example on the LR MAF) since it uses the stock air box which is restrictive but I experienced improved throttle response, idle and the car just feels better versus the stock AFM. Probably others can give a better response.

Here are a couple pics of the MAF in the car.

Old 07-21-2007, 07:31 PM
eniac
Drifting

Originally Posted by Andial951
There is at least 1 if not 2 very long threads discussing the Scivision Maf......do a search.

You wont find huge horsepower gains (like for example on the LR MAF) since it uses the stock air box which is restrictive but I experienced improved throttle response, idle and the car just feels better versus the stock AFM. Probably others can give a better response.

Here are a couple pics of the MAF in the car.

As the pics show it with the stock airbox but it's easy enough get a staight pipe off the turbo, couple that to the MAF, then add on another 20' pipe with a K&N filter.

Quick Reply: MAXhpkit - US distributor of Scivision MAF (RL Promotion)