1000 rwhp anyone? - Page 5 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

1000 rwhp anyone?

 
Old 05-08-2007, 03:52 AM
  #61  
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member
 
DDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,723
Default

Originally Posted by Driftomagnifico
**** an engineering degree, you got it down broskillet.

What are you... like ... lvl 18 dungeon master by now?
You're not even drinking this time and you can't come up with better attacks. You not only have made every rennlister here hate you, you can't even defend yourself in any way.

And you're right, I should just give throw away my engineering degree, it's all for nothing.



P.S.- it's level 12 Pokemon.
DDP is offline  
Old 05-08-2007, 03:53 AM
  #62  
Driftomagnifico
Banned
 
Driftomagnifico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 410
Default

Originally Posted by 9fitty1
You're not even drinking this time and you can't come up with better attacks. You not only have made every rennlister here hate you, you can't even defend yourself in any way.

And you're right, I should just give throw away my engineering degree, it's all for nothing.
Lart loves me and that's all that counts.
Driftomagnifico is offline  
Old 05-08-2007, 03:54 AM
  #63  
NZ951
Super User
 
NZ951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New Zealand massive
Posts: 13,772
Default

Originally Posted by Driftomagnifico
Your Supra is cool.
Thanks mate, coming along... its all about doing it in stage at the moment. Got the turbos sorted now which is the hard decision bit. Just working out where to put the WI fuild tank now
NZ951 is offline  
Old 05-08-2007, 03:54 AM
  #64  
333pg333
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
333pg333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,482
Default

I think he's been drinking too much of that 10w/30 M1 that he cherishes so much. I guess you can't drink the 25w/60 that we use, that's needs a knife and fork!!
333pg333 is offline  
Old 05-08-2007, 03:56 AM
  #65  
Driftomagnifico
Banned
 
Driftomagnifico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 410
Default

Originally Posted by lart951
Yes, because I like young naughty boys, rolfmao.
Driftomagnifico is offline  
Old 05-08-2007, 04:07 AM
  #66  
JE_951
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sammamish, WA
Posts: 708
Default

jesus christ. stop the pissing match. Im 19 y/o am and sick of it. This is an incredible project and everyone should be excited to see it happen.

Hope all goes well with the build. there better be tonz of vids when finished! this will be one BAD *** ride!!!

Methanol will not be a bad idea. those intake temps will likely need to be lowered. I am wondering what turbo you will be using too. you willing to share the specs?
JE_951 is offline  
Old 05-08-2007, 04:08 AM
  #67  
ausgeflippt951
Super User
 
ausgeflippt951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 2,613
Default

lmao I post on this thread and come back 15 min later to see progress of "the debate" and the thread's already gained TWO FULL PAGES in length since my absence.

...and not a single post in these two added pages has been worth my reading

On behalf of all of us squabblers out there, my apologies evil 944t for sheiting all over your thread.


........I recommend (just my humble opinion, mind) starting a whole new thread when you post pics
ausgeflippt951 is offline  
Old 05-08-2007, 05:21 AM
  #68  
Porschefile
User
 
Porschefile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,458
Default

It's really as simple as this, AFAIK, not a single person on this thread or in the 951 world (except supposedly Scott Gomes, who knows without dyno sheets or some kind of proof) has ever built a 944/951/968 motor to the level of horsepower we're talking about here. So in that regard, everyone's all talk 'til we see some numbers. Get over yourselves. Make fun of the Japanese car community all some of you want to but, a street 951 has yet to even break 600whp, let alone a full on dyno queen motor making 1000whp(that we know of). Just FYI but, there are several models of Japanese 4 cylinders that have surpassed the 1000whp mark back in the late 80's and early 90's. I honestly wonder how many here have actually stepped outside of Rennlist and checked out what other communities have accomplished. Everyone just chill out, and have a little humility because 1000whp is coming about 2 decades too late. How about seeing something from someone else's perspective. Coming from other car communities that have accomplished a whole hell of a lot more, it gets pretty damn old hanging around a group that can't look down on those other communities enough. I've actually grown to hate this community in some ways because of the arrogance. Jesus. I decided to quit my project and will likely sell my 951 (as much as I love it) because the closed-minded attitude around here drives me nuts. No wonder not much has progressed in this community after a few decades.

David, I'm glad someone is trying to push the limits. I wish you the best of luck. Some of my opinions may differ a bit from yours but, that's what makes cars interesting. After speaking with you in the past, it sounds like you certainly have the skills to get the job done.

Oh, NZ951, actually the Gt42r&Gt42rs were the basis for the HKS T51r KAI & SPL (SPL being similar to the 42rs). They are a similar size frame and the wheels are also similar in size, although HKS' are of course proprietary and a bit different. The Gt45 series has significantly larger wheels!
Porschefile is offline  
Old 05-08-2007, 05:28 AM
  #69  
NZ951
Super User
 
NZ951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New Zealand massive
Posts: 13,772
Default

Hmmmm HKS Japan told me the GT45 was the basis, maybe I got the new guy. And actually when my mate got his (KAI) rebuilt he got the GT45 cartridge... hmmm
NZ951 is offline  
Old 05-08-2007, 05:33 AM
  #70  
333pg333
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
333pg333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,482
Default

Well the funny thing is on this one Trav, it was going along ok until Drifto started leaving his skidmarks all over the place. If you go back and read the posts you will see in fact there is little basis for an argument here. People have actually jumped the gun. As if preparing for some confrontation, they start hurling barbs themselves just to get on with it. As far as the tech side of this thread not much has actually been discussed so really not a lot to get all defensive over. I don't think anyone is arguing the merits of our cars over any other make either, nor are they disagreeing with the advancements made by the Japanese cars. So really not even a storm in a teacup...
333pg333 is offline  
Old 05-08-2007, 05:33 AM
  #71  
Porschefile
User
 
Porschefile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,458
Default

Oops, almost forgot. 1000whp? I'm guessing a Gt42rs (gt4202) with either a 1.01a/r or 1.15a/r exhaust housing and about 40-45psi.
Porschefile is offline  
Old 05-08-2007, 05:44 AM
  #72  
Porschefile
User
 
Porschefile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,458
Default

Originally Posted by NZ951
Hmmmm HKS Japan told me the GT45 was the basis, maybe I got the new guy. And actually when my mate got his (KAI) rebuilt he got the GT45 cartridge... hmmm

Ask and ye shall receive :

T51R KAI -
Comp. Wheel: 56trim, 70.3mm(Ind.)/94mm(Exd.)
Turbine: 76trim, 82mm(Ind.)/71.4mm(Exd.)


GT4294R -
Comp. Wheel: 56trim, 70.3mm(Ind.)/94mm(Exd.)
Turbine: 84trim, 82mm(Ind.), Exducer unlisted


The SPL and 42rs are similarly sized:
T51R SPL
GT4202 (42RS)
Porschefile is offline  
Old 05-08-2007, 06:03 AM
  #73  
Porschefile
User
 
Porschefile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,458
Default

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Well the funny thing is on this one Trav, it was going along ok until Drifto started leaving his skidmarks all over the place. If you go back and read the posts you will see in fact there is little basis for an argument here. People have actually jumped the gun. As if preparing for some confrontation, they start hurling barbs themselves just to get on with it. As far as the tech side of this thread not much has actually been discussed so really not a lot to get all defensive over. I don't think anyone is arguing the merits of our cars over any other make either, nor are they disagreeing with the advancements made by the Japanese cars. So really not even a storm in a teacup...

Uhhh, the only other thing I have to say is people around here aren't too open to suggestions from "outside". Obviously individuals such as myself and Drifto (well he's a jerk but, I've learned to live with it ) aren't part of the Ivy League 951 tuning society. You don't have to be a rocket scientist or motor builder for half a century to understand at least some of the dynamics involved in constructing motors of this nature. Actually, I'd say a significant part of it really boils down to common sense when you think about it. I'm not claiming any of us knows it all or anything. In the past, I've tried to offer an open-minded insight and give people some ideas from my experience in communities that have already achieved what some are attempting to do here. So what if I haven't built a 1000whp motor myself. Does that mean my ideas have any less merit? It's always a good idea to take everything with a grain of salt, as no one individual is infallible. However, I don't feel many of my suggestions have been met with much of an open-minded attitude, and it seems I always get grouped with the "ricers" or people that simply don't know a damn thing. Rather than trying to re-invent the [email protected] wheel here (speaking generally here David, not about your project) with something that has already been done by other cars countless times, why not take a good, hard look at what works for others? There is a lot to be said for keeping sh*t simple! A good racer learns from their opponents.
Porschefile is offline  
Old 05-08-2007, 06:29 AM
  #74  
333pg333
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
333pg333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,482
Default

Trav, I don't think you quite got what I said. Absolutely nobody at the crux of this thread is arguing with you here. All Dave was trying to do was something that was not done before in this particular field. Having made a bit of a tongue in cheek announcement he is trying to incite a fun discourse over his intent. At NO stage has anyone jumped on the "Oh shut up Porschefile and Drifto etc, leave us alone and go back to ricerville" like has been done in the past. For some reason you guys have jumped onto that little red wagon again when you're amongst friends. Anyway this last couple of pages have been disrespectful to the originator of the thread. Let's wish him luck as he is doing pretty much what has frustrated you for so long about these cars, modifying them with a contemporary outlook even though as you say much of this has been done before by other modders.
333pg333 is offline  
Old 05-08-2007, 07:19 AM
  #75  
Charlie944
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Charlie944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
Posts: 1,285
Default

Best to you on this one Dave, I hope to see it on the dyno in person. Are you going with a iron sleeved block?
Charlie944 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1000 rwhp anyone?


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: