dyno @ 21 psi

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 03:32 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tony never hit over 340whp on a K27

Tony never ran K27 chips in his 88 red car, they were authority MAF stg 2 with a LR stage 2 MAF.

He never used race gas or xylene, or any octane additive, just pump gas 93 and got 401whp, which is still the record run on pump gas, and yes @ 18psi, ask my swiss for proof.

The 60-1Hifi is most likely to be the best value for perfromance turbo for the 944 turbo out there, daniel achieved 351whp at 16psi with bolt ons (maf, exhaust, injectors, stock head etc).

when my swiss purchased tony's car, he installed VR maf chips, which achieved 418whp @ 18psi with race gas, he never dynoed on pump gas.

If tony purchased a maf with matched chips (VR) and had timing control along with race gas (or whatever), 530+whp would most likely be achieved a while back, maybe more with special tool's tuning magic.

Tony has been the ONLY one to answer any question i threw at him, sharing info like someone really would, which is the real point of the forum. I picked his brain, and flooded questions regarding upgrades, he replied to everyone in detail, nothing hidden, no secrets, truely the most helpful individual i have meet on this forum ever, great respect to him.

There is a lot of mis-leading and false information learking around here, and this is due to one person having personal issues with another, thus a lie/mis-information get's out, and the ball starts rolling.

Search the archives for the real information regarding whatever info tony posted, you will see how detailed he is, and how much info he gives out.

Sorry for the OT luis, but there are some mis-leading/incorrect posts on the thread that requires correction.

BTW, what boost were you running before this recent run and what were the numbers?
Old 12-06-2006, 03:36 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Feel better now Hos? And as for me, all I did was re-post the MySwiss thread, so I know you aren't talking about me pal? Also, I know TonyG is your boy, so I knew you would eventually jump in.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:40 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Feel better now Hos? And as for me, all I did was re-post the MySwiss thread, so I know you aren't talking about me pal? Also, I know TonyG is your boy, so I knew you would eventually jump in.

My 'boy' or not, you cannot argue with facts and it took me some time to read what everyone stated.....

Imagine if special tool leaves the 951 world and goes for something else, then a mis-leading info comes around, wouldn't you jump in and correct them? if you (or anyone else) do, does that make him 'you're boy'?

Like i said, he shared a pricesless value and wealth of information with me, because i ASKED, unlike some people being quiet, and that's all i have to say.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:50 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
My 'boy' or not, you cannot argue with facts and it took me some time to read what everyone stated.....

Imagine if special tool leaves the 951 world and goes for something else, then a mis-leading info comes around, wouldn't you jump in and correct them? if you (or anyone else) do, does that make him 'you're boy'?

Like i said, he shared a pricesless value and wealth of information with me, because i ASKED, unlike some people being quiet, and that's all i have to say.

My Boy? I am no ones boy, period. And I always speak the facts, regardless of who it is, whether that's TonyG or ST, period. You are barking up the wrong tree with me pal. I didn't post that thread to rehash your love for TonyG; now I'll get back at you.

And I do agree Tony was a pinoneer, did disclose a lot of info too, and spent a lot of money to get there too. I won't deny that ever. I am not talking about TonyG here, I just re-posted the My Swiss thread, and now you twist this onto me alone? Take it easy Hos, very easy at least with me. If you have a beef with ST or anyone who he is associated with him, take it off-line with them.

Peace.

Old 12-06-2006, 04:19 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RKD in OKC
Before adjustments the car peaked at about 340 with from 16 to 22 psi boost. More boost did not increase peak power. After the adjustments the car made 350 at 16, 375 at 18, and 400 at 20. The adjustments were: size the injectors and fuel pressure so the massaged max voltage output from the MAF for correct AFR at max power would match the max voltage output of the stock AFM on a stock car, then tweak the rest of the power range from Idle to full load for good AFR throughout.

It main idea here is that the chips think they are seeing stock air measurement and controlling stock injectors at stock fuel pressure. Running higher boost increases the flow into the engine and increases fuel requirements. The MAF output is massaged so it sends the same voltage range to the chips as the stock AFM even though it is measureing a higher peak flow rate. The larger injectors and adjustable FPR are used to get the correct AFR from the stock injector pulses.
Ok. Excellent info!
Old 12-06-2006, 04:26 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I want stats dammit. Hard evidence! Empirical data? Quantifiable data?!

Old 12-06-2006, 04:32 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody work around here
Old 12-06-2006, 04:35 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by pk951
Does anybody work around here
You mmean in Canada, eh? No, they just drink all the time!

Old 12-06-2006, 06:00 PM
special tool
Banned

My Boy? I am no ones boy, period. And I always speak the facts, regardless of who it is, whether that's TonyG or ST, period. You are barking up the wrong tree with me pal. I didn't post that thread to rehash your love for TonyG; now I'll get back at you.

And I do agree Tony was a pinoneer, did disclose a lot of info too, and spent a lot of money to get there too. I won't deny that ever. I am not talking about TonyG here, I just re-posted the My Swiss thread, and now you twist this onto me alone? Take it easy Hos, very easy at least with me. If you have a beef with ST or anyone who he is associated with him, take it off-line with them.

Peace.

Hosrom has no beef with me!!!!!
We are secret lovers.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

It's great that lots of people here suggest a new MAF and chips because that is very important stuff. However, spending $1000-2000 on that is definatly not the best money spent if Lart is after more power.

With all his current mods the stock cam is a really limiting factor. A good cam with new springs will easily gain another 30 hp on that engine.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:14 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Duke
With all his current mods the stock cam is a really limiting factor. A good cam with new springs will easily gain another 30 hp on that engine.
Yeah, but as we Americans say, "Earth to Kermit" (that's you Duke), look at the chip he is running? I would be a hell of a lot more worried about my A/F and having the car run right (not blowing up), then gaining "extra" power?

And here is Kermit just for you Duke.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know TonyG is your boy
Originally Posted by hosrom_951
My 'boy' or not

My Boy? I am no ones boy, period.

RolexNJ, you miss-read his response. He didn't say 'my boy' in reference to you, but rather re-iterated your initial statement.

Rogue
Old 12-06-2006, 06:22 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks for the clarification pal.

Anyway, back to the program.....

Old 12-06-2006, 06:24 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
RolexNJ, you miss-read his response. He didn't say 'my boy' in reference to you, but rather re-iterated your initial statement.

Rogue
haha thats too funny.

people need to chill out around here. rolex might be getting a little too exicted.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:27 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
haha thats too funny.

people need to chill out around here. rolex might be getting a little too exicted.
Na, dealing with a punk who doesnt know me. Let alone that Hos and I are great friends. He assumed wrong and felt like he had to interject, and help me with my reading skills.

Quick Reply: dyno @ 21 psi