Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 12:29 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't believe the DME looks at airflow to determine WOT. The KLR sends a signal to the DME to indicate 'Full Load' (66% on TPS or >0psi manifold pressure). Once the DME receives this signal it uses 1 set WOT timing map, that does not change. Fueling is the only thing that can change under WOT (without changing chips).

Rogue
Old 12-05-2006, 12:32 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lart951
Hally, I am using the pro-M maf aka Lindsey digital maf, when making changes I have to guess the rpm range that I want to change.
As I said pal, good job. Now get a real MAF and Chip!!

Old 12-05-2006, 12:43 AM
hally
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Lart,
On the chip front, if you want to keep using the lindsey maf, my Maf chip developed against the lindsey 30 sensor would make your tuning life much more enjoyable. You could use the Pro-M file that I've devloped also (its on my webpage). Would be a good match to your current kit.
From your sig, looks like you need a solution for logging though. I've got that from my wbo2 so the pro-m piggy was fine for my needs.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:56 AM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, there is a HUGE difference when the output from the MAF is tuned to max at 4.6 volts (the voltage the AFM is calibrated to at full open). H U G E.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

either way i think it would be a fun comparison
Old 12-05-2006, 01:02 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

I am using the old stage II authority chips that came with my MAF. I was planning to go Vistesse but Vitesse chips don't work with the Lindsey MAf so I have to change my MAF as well, unless I go with the 951Max chips??
Old 12-05-2006, 01:11 AM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Aha, those Authority chips are nasty rich in the mid range!

I plan to give Maxx951 a shot at making my Autothority MAF work better. The sensor and board and parts of my Autothority MAF are completely interchangeable with the Lindsey MAF. Well, after I get my 2.8 liter crank and pistons slapped in.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:24 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I am using the old stage II authority chips that came with my MAF. I was planning to go Vistesse but Vitesse chips don't work with the Lindsey MAf so I have to change my MAF as well, unless I go with the 951Max chips??
Why don't you talk to John (this is nothing new, ST told you several times), and then while you are at it, speak to Russell too? I can't say anything about Russell's chips, for I've never used them, but hear nothing but goods things and LR does use him too? However as you know, I have used John's custom chips, and out of the box Lart, they were 95- 98% on the money! Incredible. That was something that Lindsey never had in the past. Maybe they have that capability with the MAXX Chips, but I don't know. And John knows his chips and gives excellent customer service too. I would highly suggest you contact him, you dummy. We have been saying that for the longest time, it just isn't sinking in!

RKD: All this talk, like several times about your LR 2.8L, why dont you start a thread (as I nicely mentioned) about it and share with everyone what it's all about?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:37 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Why don't you talk to John (this is nothing new, ST told you several times), and then while you are at it, speak to Russell too? I can't say anything about Russell's chips, for I've never used them, but hear nothing but goods things and LR does use him too? However as you know, I have used John's custom chips, and out of the box Lart, they were 95- 98% on the money! Incredible. That was something that Lindsey never had in the past. Maybe they have that capability with the MAXX Chips, but I don't know. And John knows his chips and gives excellent customer service too. I would highly suggest you contact him, you dummy. We have been saying that for the longest time, it just isn't sinking in!

RKD: All this talk, like several times about your LR 2.8L, why dont you start a thread (as I nicely mentioned) about it and share with everyone what it's all about?

I asked John about the chips and compatibility with my current Lindsey MAF and he said that his chips uses a entirely different calibration.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:45 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I asked John about the chips and compatibility with my current Lindsey MAF and he said that his chips uses a entirely different calibration.
I find that interesting. I thought, obviously based on what you are saying, that you could use an LR MAF and his chips? Hummm. Maybe he'll chime in and re-confirm that one. Maybe it's time pal to invest in a more modern, and fully calibrated MAF that is specifically designed for your car along with a set of chips? Some food for thought. Just go and sell some of the junk 951 parts in your garage and you'll have all the money you need!!

Old 12-05-2006, 02:46 AM
Dave951
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too use the Lindsey Stg.1 MAF. Hallys chips are awesome and I highly recommend them.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:49 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dave951
I too use the Lindsey Stg.1 MAF. Hallys chips are awesome and I highly recommend them.
Do you mean hally sells chips?
Old 12-05-2006, 02:50 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by hally
Hi Lart,
On the chip front, if you want to keep using the lindsey maf, my Maf chip developed against the lindsey 30 sensor would make your tuning life much more enjoyable. You could use the Pro-M file that I've devloped also (its on my webpage). Would be a good match to your current kit.
From your sig, looks like you need a solution for logging though. I've got that from my wbo2 so the pro-m piggy was fine for my needs.

I do use the innovative lm-1 for dataloging. Tell me about your chips.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:51 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice run! Now go kill us some more subies.

Er, I mean... street racing is bad kids.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:00 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave951
+1

I also run Hallys chips. Have worked awesome for me, and great support too!

Rogue

Quick Reply: dyno @ 21 psi