Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 11:33 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by toddk911
I agree but that route is going for ANY car and just sup it up.

I was trying to keep it retail, new car dollar for dollar performance.

"it's all about boost"

AMEN!! and a twin turbo set up and race suspension on a Z06 will be in Porsche 917 levels
refresh my mind whats the displacement for a 917 engine?
Old 11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Porsche 917

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specifications
Year: 1969 - 1974
Model: 1969 917
Displacement: 4494cc.
Horsepower: 580bhp
Top Speed: 236 mph
Weight: 1,760lbs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model: 1971 917
Displacement: 5000cc.
Horsepower: 630bhp

Model: 1972 917/10
Turbocharger: 20psi boost
Horsepower: 1000bhp

Model: 1973 917/30
Displacement: 5400cc.
Horsepower: 1100bhp low boost
Horsepower: 1560bhp high boost
Old 11-07-2006, 11:42 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dollar for dollar....the Corvette ZO6 can kick the **** out of any Porsche. Dollar for Dollar you are talking C6 ZO6 vs. a Cayman S.....LOL!!!!! not much of a race there...on any track. Carrera GT you ask???? Put 350K into a ZO6 and see what kind of car you have and still cheaper than a GT. Stop and really think about that. Buy a C6 ZO6 and then take it to the top Corvette tuners in the country and give them a check for $350,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My buddy Todd, I could not agree with you more. Did you see my links about the twin turbo Vettes? Dollar for dollar value? And I said it in the beginning and will say it again. Not that I am a Corvette lover or a racer of that breed, but the Z06 has great brakes.

Rogue_Ant: I agree with you pal.

C. Beau: I mean, no offense at all pal. But what does Max Papis have to do with this conversation? Just because he is a IMSA Pro driver and drives a Z06, that this means that whatever he say is golden? Give me a break. I was a IMSA pro driver and raced before Papis hit the IMSA circut, so does that mean I am an expert on the Lights cars I raced and no one should question me on my personal cars too? And what's with this comment, "I am a life long 951 and many other Porsche model die hard....have worked as an auto industry investment banker and on legal and finance side for hi profile intl. pro racing concerns..... lets keep it real for real car people...please.....and not profess to know about what we are clueless". You make this statement, yet aren't a paying member of Rennlist, don't list a car with any mods, no photos of your 951 (if you even have one?) and have a whopping 11 posts? The author of this thread started it to show how impressive the Vette he saw was, that' s it. And everyone did say it is sweet. People aren't saying the car is junk. That said, go troll somewhere else.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:57 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you like my stats Rolex????

But I also see Lart's point as well.

I would, from that approach, get a Civic hatchback from a junkyard that has a blown motor/tranny/clutch; $500. Build up a new turbo/sc motor, a ton of boost, clutch, 6 speed tranny, tuned right, strip it down, set up the suspension full track and eat 100K cars all day on the street, 1/4 or road coarse

And all could be done for less than 10K. I have heard guys on import sites (that seemed to know what they were talking about) do close to the same for 5-6K.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:02 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Did you like my stats Rolex????

But I also see Lart's point as well.

I would, from that approach, get a Civic hatchback from a junkyard that has a blown motor/tranny/clutch; $500. Build up a new turbo/sc motor, a ton of boost, clutch, 6 speed tranny, tuned right, strip it down, set up the suspension full track and eat 100K cars all day on the street, 1/4 or road coarse

And all could be done for less than 10K. I have heard guys on import sites (that seemed to know what they were talking about) do close to the same for 5-6K.
Yes I did pal. You are the bomb with stats you posting *****!

John: Here is what you said, "oh god i see this thread going bad places". You're right pal, it's gone to bad places already. I think you should have posted a photo of like a Twin Turbo Ford Fiesta, maybe then that would have kept some of the trolls away!

Old 11-07-2006, 01:54 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

"nothing to see here people move along, move along"
Old 11-07-2006, 02:09 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by C. Beau
OK = so now we're from the "car is a piece of junk" to it isn't up to a 997 GT3, which by date, the car there isn't even a US model the first of which hit the US shores in the last month

And...it does appear that the 997 referenced is an unqualified - self reported time

The 997 in front of the Z06 is a RS.....find one here and I'll give you a dollar and a Frito

You all are funny, a Z06 is no joke and cost 70k, yeah the time is w/ a big time pro driver but still...come on....we went from the car is a piece of shiyaaat w/ no brakes to lap times w/ half million dollar v10 Carrera GTs and sundry exotics

One of this year's vette LeMans drivers - Max Papis - is a personal friend of mine and I worked with him in the glory days of IMSA when he won LeMans and the 36 hours of Florida in the Ferrari 333SP, he drives a US spec Z06 as one of his personal cars and he will tell you that for a street car it is one of the best out price notwithstanding......can we please just tell the guy who said a Z06 couldn't brake and was a POS that he hasn't a clue and move on?

But then again...I do like the banter.....keep it rollin' so I have something to look at and laugh

Whoopdie-freakin' doo.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:12 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Whoopdie-freakin' doo.
Hey Solo, you can't say that, that's Z Man's Saying!

Sorry John, I will move along and stay away from the thread. Although I was all into it, as you know with my posting of those two Vette BHP links.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:30 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The Porsche 917

Specifications
Year: 1969 - 1974
Model: 1969 917
Displacement: 4494cc.
Horsepower: 580bhp
Top Speed: 236 mph
Weight: 1,760lbs

Model: 1971 917
Horsepower: 630bhp

Model: 1972 917/10
Turbocharger: 20psi boost
Horsepower: 1000bhp

Model: 1973 917/30
Displacement: 5400cc.
Horsepower: 1100bhp low boost
Horsepower: 1560bhp high boost

so what's the displacement of the super advance 7L ls7 push rod in cc's?
Old 11-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
Damn Guns, looking good. Out of curiosity, do you have any problems with paint chips in front of the rear wheel wells. I'm thinking of taking off my clear factory paint protectors.

thanks Solo, I do love the look of my car but I seriously love your 968T. It was the car that made me decide to build a 951 in the first place.

Lorax, I'm 37 but I guess I don't look like and I've been able to naturally keep my testosterone up as high as it was at 24 according to my yearly physicals. Want to know the secret? Wind sprints. So I'm always practicing on being fast. Keeps you quick, and along with quick initiating squats is the number one thing you can do to naturally keep up your testosterone levels. You know when you go to those amusement parks and you get a prize if they either guess your age, weight, or birthday? I get a lot of people on my weight, but they never, ever guess my age. Hell my girl is only 25.

Take care of yourself man. At 16 I was doing 4.6 as well. You can get faster. You should see all the people I went to high school with. It's amazing. All those people that just partied their asses off. They'd get drunk, pass out while I'd be honing my game on the girls. I've actually never been drunk, and I haven't even had so much as a french fry from McDonalds or Burger King in about 15 years. Don't smoke anything and love women to a point that I can't explain in words. It's all about the game. That includes the game of life. Stopping at nothing to be successful, ensuring your family is healthy and happy, and they your own personal happiness that comes from all of this. Lastly, Cars and Women, what more could you want?
Holy Shiza, I just wrote a book here, sorry about that guys...

I just found this reply.

Sounds like youve really found the key to success..

47, runs a 4.3 - the fastest guy I know runs a 4.28 and hes 18.

Drives a crazy *** 951

You rock, man.

Thanks for the advice
Old 11-07-2006, 03:06 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

47? I guess ten years isn't that big a deal, right?
Old 11-07-2006, 03:18 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I have seen 40 year old black dudes doing under 4.00 when being chase down by the k-9's in watts.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally Posted by C. Beau
"bad brakes"....I guess just b/c one is a forum junkie it doesn't mean they know A-THING about cars other than their own 20 yr. old hoopty....and more pathetically info. not only readily available in print media but WELL publicized......and the "gold chain" comment, only a bama in $7k Audi Porsche.

Z06s are awesome all the way around and have more technology in them and engineering grunt behind them than about anyhting out there.

Unconventional and it works......look at the leaf springs that would make most 951s go back country trying to follow.

Its sad to see Porsche enthusiasm morphed into unknowing babble...."Amrican cars don't handle, can't brake and have plastic interiors"....whatever dude

the most incredible thing about a Z06...and all C6s for that matter...is the amount of money GM loses selling them at MSRP just to be in the segment at that price point....money losing proposition that can't last forever so get one while you can and have $70k car that will vaporize 95% of the Porsche on the road
Chill dude - yes, I said the Vette is lacking in brakes. And I stated all the stereotype stuff. But I also said, "Don't get me wrong - I do believe that the Vette is the best value sports car out there ..."

In my area, the Vette stereotype lives - lots of Italians with gold chains and the Andrew Dice Clay attitudes. Just like I've seen the "Porsche snob" stereo type many times.

Regarding the brakes - Porsches are renown for really paying attention to their braking systems. That reputation is world wide. Vette's don't have the same reputation, and based on what I've read and heard (real media and friends who've driven these cars), I still stand by the fact that the brakes are the weak point of the car. They may be great brakes, but they could use some improvement.

So please don't come here and start a wild fire about how we all bash the Vette. Like I already said TWICE, It is the best value in sports cars going. But like all good things - there is always room for improvement.

-Z-man.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:31 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Huntin' and sniffin' Vette...

(He was tougher to get than that Ferrari )
Attached Images  
Old 11-07-2006, 04:31 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Z-man
In my area, the Vette stereotype lives - lots of Italians with gold chains and the Andrew Dice Clay attitudes. Just like I've seen the "Porsche snob" stereo type many times.

So please don't come here and start a wild fire about how we all bash the Vette. Like I already said TWICE, It is the best value in sports cars going. But like all good things - there is always room for improvement.

-Z-man.
First Z Man, you better chill out. I am Italian, live near you, and I "did" wear gold chains, but when I was 10 yrs old. And I still think Dice is funny!

Seriously Z, very good points. I am behind you 100%. I posted in the very beginning how incredible these cars are, especially if you mod them. Also as you stated, Porsches have always been world reknown for their brakes, more so with our cars. Lastly, I said it very clearly my view points on Mr C. Beau and is trolling behavior; trying to initiate tension here for no reasons - uncalled for on Rennlist. And the guy isn't a paying member, but more so, has 11 posts? Give me a break. As far as I'm concerned, he can still go troll some where else, perhaps on the Vette Forums. Peace Out.

Quick Reply: A night out with some friends