Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Millege intake, anyone have experience with it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 05:02 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Scott Gomes is an awesome guy. He probably spent an hour on the phone with me to make $5 bucks. He will get my business in the future, just havent needed it yet...

And for the rest of this thread...wow - is all the name calling, reports sent, bickering needed?

Lets get back to the problem at hand:
Old 10-05-2006, 06:03 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by SamGrant951
Scott Gomes is an awesome guy. He probably spent an hour on the phone with me to make $5 bucks. He will get my business in the future, just havent needed it yet...

And for the rest of this thread...wow - is all the name calling, reports sent, bickering needed?

Lets get back to the problem at hand:
You know Sam on a serious note, that's a real question, does a 45k millege engine make you faster than Mark's Robinson or Mark's Kirbor 928's?

Last edited by lart951; 10-05-2006 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:04 PM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I had the money, Scott Gomes would build every motor in every car I ever own......
Old 10-05-2006, 06:09 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

BBailey and M758(Joe P.

You are both so right. I have gotten a lot of slack for paying what I paid for my motor. In the end you do get what you pay for. Jon's motors win, a lot. Many people on these boards have the same problem with David at Powerhaus but my motor is built "right". They go up against Jon's motors a lot. Actually, Joe P was there when my motor was dynoed. 480 "load" dyno at 21psi with stock size exhaust, APE chips and Maf, and only 52lb injectors. Not bad. It is a race motor. Ready to do 30 minute sessions of hard time without a sweat. I'm just looking to upgrade and had questions about the intake and other upgrades. If I do upgrade I do believe I will be making my motor a street motor but in further talks with David, it will still be very reliable, but it will be up to me how long it last. His own motor is the same as mine with over 90,000 something miles on it. I'm looking to upgrade to 650whp reliably to my car. Can it be done? I don't know but I have an incredible building block by having David do my motor in the first place. Same would be said if I went to Jon.

Rob, I did get the information I was looking for I guess except...

JLockton, since you have two of them, what is your experience with them? I truly believe you get what you pay for and are they worth it in the end? How's the powerband? Throttle response? Good and bad. If he doesn't make them, who does? Do they make them exclusively for Jon? Thanks
Old 10-05-2006, 06:19 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
If I could ban your butt I would trailer trash. And you miss the point of the thread. How are your reading comprehension skills too? Or, are you just starting on ebonics out there in the sticks. Idiot.

PS. Report Sent. And guess what TT (Trailer Trash) I have some clout around here too Mr non-member
You're acting like an idiot. Stop it. Get over the JM thing already. And I AM a member. Just what exactly do you think that you are reporting that guy for? What rule did he break?
Don't be th Rolex that was around when NZ was around.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:02 PM
JLockton
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes they are worth it for a pure race car . It was a joint project between Jon and Nathan Ulrich. they source out the barrel vaves and have the runners cast .Max Crawford does the chamber (carbon fiber). I can tell you it is not the same as the other tb style intakes with butterfies , much smoother and very respnsive . If our car does not sell on ebay it is getting cut up and parted out , I will keep everyone in the loop . we will sell our spare motor complete w motec/intake /turbo/header/drysump pump /ready to drop in for 20k It is brand new fresh 520+hp @1.0 bar .
Old 10-05-2006, 07:12 PM
special tool
Banned

lockton - do you have an engine dyno sheet at 1 bar?
We are not sheep here in the 951 forum - I have been in business longer than Milledge, I know that someone building car engines for a living might be inclined to exagerate.

Please prove me wrong here.
No sheet will confirm my suspicion.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:22 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

someone needs a "LONG VACTION".....
Old 10-05-2006, 09:44 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
Actually, Joe P was there when my motor was dynoed. 480 "load" dyno at 21psi with stock size exhaust, APE chips and Maf, and only 52lb injectors.
Well I WISH I had been there. Sadly I was not, I believe was around when Chris Cervelli ran his 3.0L race car on the dyno. Came to 450 hp or so at that time.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:43 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
Well I WISH I had been there. Sadly I was not, I believe was around when Chris Cervelli ran his 3.0L race car on the dyno. Came to 450 hp or so at that time.
That's the engine I run in my 968 .
Raj
Old 10-05-2006, 11:51 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Wait a minute, I'm sure it was you Joe. You mentioned you were heavy into 944 spec racing. It was at Dyno Comp. Oh, I had a six foot blonde bombshell with me. Remember now? I'm sure it was you...
Old 10-05-2006, 11:52 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Who's Max Crawford? I guess what I'm asking is it worth getting for a street motor? Can I get it?
Old 10-06-2006, 12:26 AM
BBailey
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

http://www.crawfordcomposites.com/
Old 10-06-2006, 12:57 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Who's Max Crawford? I guess what I'm asking is it worth getting for a street motor? Can I get it?
Crawford designs most of the top Daytona Prototype racecars including now , the cars of Brumos Racing's two Porsches.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:43 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

BBailey and M758(Joe P.

You are both so right. I have gotten a lot of slack for paying what I paid for my motor. In the end you do get what you pay for. Jon's motors win, a lot. Many people on these boards have the same problem with David at Powerhaus but my motor is built "right". They go up against Jon's motors a lot. Actually, Joe P was there when my motor was dynoed. 480 "load" dyno at 21psi with stock size exhaust, APE chips and Maf, and only 52lb injectors. Not bad. It is a race motor. Ready to do 30 minute sessions of hard time without a sweat. I'm just looking to upgrade and had questions about the intake and other upgrades. If I do upgrade I do believe I will be making my motor a street motor but in further talks with David, it will still be very reliable, but it will be up to me how long it last. His own motor is the same as mine with over 90,000 something miles on it. I'm looking to upgrade to 650whp reliably to my car. Can it be done? I don't know but I have an incredible building block by having David do my motor in the first place. Same would be said if I went to Jon.

Rob, I did get the information I was looking for I guess except...

JLockton, since you have two of them, what is your experience with them? I truly believe you get what you pay for and are they worth it in the end? How's the powerband? Throttle response? Good and bad. If he doesn't make them, who does? Do they make them exclusively for Jon? Thanks
Joe,

I am glad you are sticking with David.You have a successful established relationship with him and he knows 951 motors in and out.

But do not catch yourself piecemealing different parts from different vendors and then expecting it to work in harmony. If you are willing to spend major coin then going MOTEC (and Powerhaus is able to set it up right) is the next step plus radical cams , more headwork etc. I am pretty sure David explained it to you already.

However, a true 650 rwhp (not just a millisec boostspike induced peak hp dynoqueen) with streetability is going to be a tall order and the lifespan will be counted in hours not miles.

Quick Reply: Millege intake, anyone have experience with it?