Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Millege intake, anyone have experience with it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006 | 09:42 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SIR_STEVENS
While i don't usually post much on here, i feel oblige to comment on this issue. Most of JME technologies is stuck in the 80's, i have bought products from Milledge directly and have used his machinist none of them was worth it.
While I am not intending to bash JME per se, I am here to share with some people my personal experiences that took place in 2003. It for all those reasons that I menioned several times, yours inclusive too, that made me go right to Lindsey Racing and them build me a car. And to this day, they did a fabulous job for what they knew then, so kudos to them.

JME lost my business forever. To this day, I am still in shock at how he handled me as a prospective customer looking to do an "entire" project car, not just to buy a set of Charlie Arms! It wasn't so much the pricing that killed me, don't get me wrong I addressed how insane that was already, but it was more so his professionalism (lack of), talked down to me as if I was a child, wouldn't address any of my questions. And whenever I said that I spoke to Lindsey, all he did was bad-mouth them, and said they don't know what the hell they are doing. Gee, that was professional? And here I am as a business man, looking to have him build me an entire project car, and this is approach to customers? You know what, it was a blessing in every way that I never went with that obnoxious jerk, and his technology from the 80s. Thank God I went with Lindsey, I dealt with great people, good products, had excellent results, and saved myself a ton of money. Let alone, was treated with respect and as a professional from day one with Mike Lindsey and the whole team. And oh by the way, did I say that JME has some nice clothes from the Brady-Bunch era too!

PS. Joe, this is your thread my friend. Aren't you happy you wouldn't even consider that intake for $5,600.00 even more so now knowing everything I said?

EDIT: porshaowner: All of my postings clearly speak for themselves. And whiners? How can he get to even call me a whiner, when he talks down to prospective customers who want an entire project car? Talked horribly to me about a competitor, talked to me like a child. And just for an engine wanted that much? I articulated all of this already. Re-read the posts before you go off with inaccurate information. BS
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:52 PM
SIR_STEVENS
Instructor

Rolex: I am not here to bash JME at all, i was just saying i have had JME products on my personal car and had work done by his machinist and the end result did not put a smile on my face.
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:59 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SIR_STEVENS
Rolex: I am not here to bash JME at all, i was just saying i have had JME products on my personal car and had work done by his machinist and the end result did not put a smile on my face.
I didnt refer to you silly. And Ive heard from many people stories like yours. Look at my edit and who it was addressed too. Not you my friend!

Old 10-04-2006 | 10:01 PM
porshaowner
Instructor

EDIT: porshaowner: All of my postings clearly speak for themselves. And whiners? How can he get to even call me a whiner, when he talks down to prospective customers who want an entire project car? Talked horribly to me about a competitor, talked to me likea child. And just for an engine wanted that much? I articulated all of this already. Re-read the posts before you go off with inaccurate information. BS[/QUOTE]

I've read all the posts on this thread. whiner fits well. He can talk to/about people any way he wants.(that one thing makes america so great) I'm sure he feels that if a client could build the car themself they would and wouldn't be asking for his services. Talking to him about a competitor of his would be as bad as talking to team corvette about aston martin. His work stands on its own, and he is still in business and is still winning, he must be doing something right.
Old 10-04-2006 | 10:09 PM
eospeed
Racer

I have to say here I have purchased a cam an a few other bits from Jon for my car.He was very informative and never spoke down to me.I was am very happy with the cam he sent me ,OT great power band .An if the man wants alot of money for his time I cant judge him for that.Besides there are plenty of 951 vendors out there one for every budget.
Old 10-04-2006 | 10:09 PM
SIR_STEVENS
Instructor

ok, pizza man
Old 10-05-2006 | 12:30 AM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Porschefile: All I can say is, wow! Obviously you read all my threads in my dealings with JME in the past. My thoughts on his product as it relates to the year 2006, other vendors, his charming professional demeanor, let alone his insane pricing "just" for the engine? I was trying to be very diplomatic in my delivery, but man, you really took the ball and ran with it. Well, someone had to do it to that degree.

Thank you for your posting.

Thanks. I don't think I can type a post on this forum anymore without ranting! It's just too easy to do so. $45k is more than a 996 Gt3 engine for God's sake! It's not exactly like the 951 motor is a 917 Flat 12 or some other rare motor that only a select few truly know how to work on.

For $5600 you could buy your own Miller Tig, aluminum stock, ebay ITB's, and with a little R&D, build your own ITB manifold yet save money in the long run. The free resources available on the internet are limitless. All it takes is some simple physics and fluid dynamics to be able to design a manifold that will function well for your intended uses. True, it takes alot more R&D, specialized tools, etc to truly design and flowbench a manifold design to perfection. It's like tires. Brand x might give you 90-95% of the performance as Brand Y, yet at 1/2 the cost. SFR and LR's manifolds are cheap enough that there really isn't much reason to go with anything more expensive.

Porshaowner, I think the point is some feel that for the supposed $45-60k engine that it appears you aren't truly getting the performance or technology you should be for the price. This is all speculation, since no one in this thread (at least that I know of) has a JM engine and can truly reply from experience. As far as I'm concerned, there is no reason whatsoever that a built 951 motor should cost anywhere near a 996 Gt3 Supercup motor (~$65k last I heard). Especially considering how archaic these 2.5l i4's are compared to a Porsche Motorsport built state-of-the-art race motor. Looking at JM's webiste, it appears the 951 motor pictured does have a dry sump setup. I think ~$20-25k or so would be much more reasonable for that motor, short of the rods being made of 24 karat diamond! I've priced out various 2.5l, 2.8l and 3.0l builds (parts & machining + assembly by me) and they all seem to come out around $10-25k, depending on just how crazy you want to go.
Old 10-05-2006 | 12:41 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Well I ended up spending about $40k for my motor and I'm pretty damn happy with it. Almost six years and I just now have a vacuum leak. No issues whatsoever. I do believe you get what you pay for. Jon may not even fall into that category as he is so expensive but his motors are on the podium a lot. Then again, so are David's from Powerhaus. He drives his own car to the track, takes his place on the podium and drives home. His most recent motor is beatin the **** out of every one in the Pan America races in Panama. I have the exact motor. With that said, many of you say David is way overpriced too. I guess it's all relative but still, $5600 for an intake! ok I'm done...
Old 10-05-2006 | 12:53 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
Well I ended up spending about $40k for my motor and I'm pretty damn happy with it. Almost six years and I just now have a vacuum leak. No issues whatsoever. I do believe you get what you pay for. Jon may not even fall into that category as he is so expensive but his motors are on the podium a lot. Then again, so are David's from Powerhaus. He drives his own car to the track, takes his place on the podium and drives home. His most recent motor is beatin the **** out of every one in the Pan America races in Panama. I have the exact motor. With that said, many of you say David is way overpriced too. I guess it's all relative but still, $5600 for an intake! ok I'm done...
Well 40k in this case sounds a lot different.

First, David sounds like hes a lot more willing to help customers or potential customers. It also sounds like hes "new school" and has many examples of cars to backup his talk. The other dude John doesnt have anything, or maybe I havent seent it.

Second, you mention his motors are always on the podium. I can take a huge dump and spend 40k on it, and it will probally be on the podium too. Youve got like 2 pro motor builders, their stuff better be on the podium in front of the mom/pop garage stuff.

And last, but not least. The powerhaus dude probally has some decent clothes.
How long is John going to keep wearing that flannel shirt like an idiot?
Old 10-05-2006 | 02:59 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

This thread proofs a 100 % why JM does not deal with posers, race car drivers with classified track records and stone broke Rocky forum tough guys.
Old 10-05-2006 | 03:36 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by pole position
This thread proofs a 100 % why JM does not deal with posers, race car drivers with classified track records and stone broke Rocky forum tough guys.
....Comming from a trailerpark next to you...

LMAO

Rogue
Old 10-05-2006 | 08:32 AM
eospeed
Racer

Originally Posted by pole position

LOL
Old 10-05-2006 | 08:42 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Rock: Thank you for your candid contribution my friend, it's very appreciated!

Porschefile: Well, I think you're postings say enough in themselves, so thanks.

Joe: I am sorry your thread got twisted my friend, not my intention. I know you wanted to learn about the JME intake per se. And since no one took a stand, I wanted too, even though I never bought the piece; for all the reasons that you know why now. Anyway Joe, I hope this did help you to some degree, maybe to at least confirms that your choice with going with Powerhaus was the best thing you could have ever done by comparison? Anyway,I'll say it again, you have one of the most stunning cars pal, with just some newer upgrades, you're car will be even more of a "street" beast (not a racer beast as I clearly articulated to Mr Flannel shirt was not my application) on Rennlist; and with modern technology too instead of back in the Brady Bunch era! And from a guy you trust and believe has always done right by you too.

So cheers pal. You know we are friends, so if you ever need to talk to me off-line, send me an email.

Last edited by RolexNJ; 10-05-2006 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-05-2006 | 09:18 AM
JLockton
Intermediate

Well Joe , I have 2 of them and it is one of the few pieces jon sells (does not make ) that is very nice .
Old 10-05-2006 | 09:35 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JLockton
Well Joe , I have 2 of them and it is one of the few pieces jon sells (does not make ) that is very nice .
With what you said, I will re-post my statement for you, which you clearly blew off. So for the benefit of Joe and the class, care to elaborate this time on his piece? And wow, that is the first time I ever heard someone educate me on that. JME doesn't even fabricate that piece too? That is very interesting. Anyway, please see my re-post below:

"Sorry pal. That is my personal experience with the man back then. I know a lot, a real lot of people that feel the same way about his professionalism, or lack there of. That's a fact, but no one doubts his abilities to build engines.

EDIT: The author of this thread started it because he was inquiring about the JME intake. So since you have worked with JME and his parts, do you care to share your knowledge with us? It would be welcomed very much. This is a part that not many peoople know about and it's performance abilities, yet are very curious to learn about. Even if most don't need it or can't afford it, we do respect this product very much and yearn for more info or data on it. Can you elaborate?"

pole position: Still a non-registered user after all this time? Still have nothing of value to say/add, as always? And let me see, how many times have you been banned or warned by severals mods for your postings? And anyone who's been long enough knows what I mean. And by the way, what you wrote, was that a complete sentance in proper English, for I didn't understand it. Then again, you do live in a trailer trash dumping zone, so I'm sure you don't have a Hardvard MA in English, right?

Quick Reply: Millege intake, anyone have experience with it?