Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Millege intake, anyone have experience with it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 11:18 AM
JLockton
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JM Intake

Alot of harsh words for a very briliant man , Having worked with Jon for many years on Woodies Motors would say it is money well spent . Although we have switched to a local builder we still have alot of Jons parts built into our motors ,

Last edited by JLockton; 10-04-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:37 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JLockton
Alot of harsh words for a very briliant man , Having worked with Jon for many years on Woodies Motors would say it is money well spent . Althoug we have switched to a local builder we still have alot of Jons parts built into our motors ,
Sorry pal. That is my personal experience with the man back then. I know a lot, a real lot of people that feel the same way about his professionalism, or lack there of. That's a fact, but no one doubts his abilities to build engines.

EDIT: The author of this thread started it because he was inquiring about the JME intake. So since you have worked with JME and his parts, do you care to share your knowledge with us? It would be welcomed very much. This is a part that not many peoople know about and it's performance abilities, yet are very curious to learn about. Even if most don't need it or can't afford it, we do respect this product very much and yearn for more info or data on it. Can you elaborate?

Last edited by RolexNJ; 10-04-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:01 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

It seems in life those that are the best in their respective fields tend to be mild too major A holes
Old 10-04-2006, 12:10 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by toddk911
It seems in life those that are the best in their respective fields tend to be mild too major A holes
Hey you, don't go OT. Go back to your stats thread you've been on now for 36 hrs! You kill me Todd!

Old 10-04-2006, 12:13 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Don't be jealous of my wealth of data knowledge
Old 10-04-2006, 12:15 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by toddk911
Don't be jealous of my wealth of data knowledge
You kill me! I just posted on your thread now. Go read it and laugh! And while you and I are dead asleep on EST time, poor Joe is going to have to read all these posts to get some real answers via Las Vegas time!

Old 10-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JLockton
Alot of harsh words for a very briliant man , Having worked with Jon for many years on Woodies Motors would say it is money well spent . Although we have switched to a local builder we still have alot of Jons parts built into our motors ,
His stuff may be nice, however technology, the aftermarket industry, and basic supply/demand are constantly changing. There are alot of builders in this industry that seem stuck in the past. True, many of them have excellent products, however more advanced technology is so much more readily available now that I think it's a given that retailers and builders need to update some of their products to keep up with the market. $45k for a built 951 motor is ABSOFRIGINLUTELY RIDICULOUS, race motor or not! That better come with a dry sump setup, Motec, built 3.0l that rev's to 10k, built hollinger/hewland/etc transaxle, etc......and oh yeah, with the attached 951 chassis!

Just because something was state of the art decades ago, doesn't mean it should still cost the same amount today. Think about that next time when paying $1800 for a Autothority MAF when there are piggybacks with MAP sensors available as low as ~$400-$600 now (just one example)! I make enough money to live comfortably, but I want my money's worth and demand state of the art products as I feel that is what our cars deserve. Luckily there are still companies like LR, SFR, VR, Chris White, etc that still work with our cars and do design some "new-tech" stuff.

As for the JME intake, at $5600 it's probably ~$2-2.6k overpriced. It definitely appears to be constructed very well, and many of the other 6cyl ITB setups I've seen for various other cars tend to be around the $2-3k range. Just stick with SFR or LR and save the money. ITB's really aren't all that important, though 944's could use some help in the throttle response area. If you really want ITB's, there are plenty of cheap ways to fab up your own and save a ton of money!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:52 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Porschefile: All I can say is, wow! Obviously you read all my threads in my dealings with JME in the past. My thoughts on his product as it relates to the year 2006, other vendors, his charming professional demeanor, let alone his insane pricing "just" for the engine? I was trying to be very diplomatic in my delivery, but man, you really took the ball and ran with it. Well, someone had to do it to that degree.

Thank you for your posting.

Last edited by RolexNJ; 10-04-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Porschefile: All I can say is, wow! Obviously you read all my threads in my dealings with JME in the past. My thoughts on his product as it relates to the year 2006, other vendors, his charming professional demeanor, let alone his insane pricing "just" for the engine? I was being trying to be very diplomatic in my delivery, but man, you really took the ball and ran with it. Well, someone had to do it to that degree.

Thank you for your posting.

Im gonna be very diplomatic in my delivery here too.

John Milledge, Im not buying your ****. Period. Now go get a new shirt.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:11 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Rock
Im gonna be very diplomatic in my delivery here too.

John Milledge, Im not buying your ****. Period. Now go get a new shirt.
The Rock Rules ----->
Old 10-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
The Rock Rules ----->
LOL! Nooo, you bow to no one sir Rolex!

We bow to you

Ooooo Rolex!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:19 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Rock
LOL! Nooo, you bow to no one sir Rolex!

We bow to you

Ooooo Rolex!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:28 PM
SIR_STEVENS
Instructor

Thumbs down

While i don't usually post much on here, i feel oblige to comment on this issue. Most of JME technologies is stuck in the 80's, i have bought products from Milledge directly and have used his machinist none of them was worth it.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:38 PM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

Was a Sebring a few years ago and ran across JM working on Roy Chong's car in the paddock. He was having "issues" with the hard pipe blowing off the throttle body due to poor clamp design. Out of experience with some really nice aerospace clamps, I made a polite suggestion to go with a certain design. For my troubles I got a very large stink eye from Jon. Of course I should have known that I know NOTHING and he knows all... Silly me.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:41 PM
porshaowner
Instructor

I don't get to go to many porsche club races in a year. The ones that i do get to see, I haven't seen any of you pass his work when it is on the track. You shouldn't talk bad about him until you do. Many of his cars hold track records. Some people are very happy to pay him what ever he wants for an engine. He is the reason they have the opportunity to have the fastest cars at a race. He probably blows most people off because he doesn't want to deal with the whiners. There is a difference between a $10k and a $60k engine and its the difference between winning and losing. I know I can't afford his work, but I'm not going to bad mouth him on a public forum because of it.

Quick Reply: Millege intake, anyone have experience with it?