Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

EDIT: 951 exhaust manifolds...see last Post/Poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 07:12 PM
951Boost
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man I hope this wasnt hype for nothing ...
Yeah I agree. At least the courtesy of “sorry guys, can’t do” or some other response would be nice and professional.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:19 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys it has only been a freaking month and a half since Bill said he was "highly considering" doing this.
Why in the hell would you think that he could just crap out a manifold? Besides he didn't promise anyone ****, and as I recall, almost no one was looking to invest their cash up front.
So Bill is building the first on his own dime, and then he'll need to test it etc. Why would you guys think this would have any meaningful progress in a bit over a month and a half?
I think we need a bit of a reality check here.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:40 PM
951Boost
Rennlist Member

Hey ehall; "Yeah guys I'm still working on it"

That took me all of about 30 secs. Is that too much to ask?

So Bill is building the first on his own dime
How do you know that for sure, and who the hell is Bill?
Old 05-15-2006, 07:52 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 951Boost

So you're are pissed at a guy you don't know, who is also the guy who created this thread, and is doing the work?
hmmm...do you guys actually read the whole thread or just jump in somewhere.
His original post was much less than commital, and was posed as a proposition to ascertain interest in the POSSIBILITY of building these. With the level of bull**** he got in this thread, combined with the lack of LEGITIMATE financial commitments from those interested, why shoulld he bother to check back at all?
If he doesn't have your cash then he doesn't owe you jack...including a report on his progress. He's a 928 guy anyway. This was going to be a project that he "might" undertake. If he does, I'm sure he'll let us know. In the mean time, we have no right to bitch and moan.
If you don't like it, build your own. He's not LR or Vitesse, or SFR, he's a guy with some ability, and perhaps interest. End of story.
Get real.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Opeth
Pro

Lightbulb

powerwerks.net ... thats the one I was thinking of...

Im not bitching, just commenting that I was really interested and it would be nice to know if he was still considering this, or if I should start saving the cash for SFRs piece.

E, take a few deep breaths bud , hope to see ya in a few weeks at Mt Dora, I dont want ya tryin to jack me with a tire iron or anything .
Old 05-15-2006, 10:22 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

lol...the tire iron in these cars would probably break on impact. I've seen a few similar posts and just wanted to bring a bit of a different perspective. Unfortunately the typed word often fails to impart the actual intent of the words. I'm not upset with anyone, I was just shaking the tree a hair. No foul intended fellas.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:15 PM
951Boost
Rennlist Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 951Boost

AND

Originally Posted by ehall
So you're are pissed at a guy you don't know, who is also the guy who created this thread, and is doing the work?
hmmm...do you guys actually read the whole thread or just jump in somewhere.
His original post was much less than commital, and was posed as a proposition to ascertain interest in the POSSIBILITY of building these. With the level of bull**** he got in this thread, combined with the lack of LEGITIMATE financial commitments from those interested, why shoulld he bother to check back at all?
If he doesn't have your cash then he doesn't owe you jack...including a report on his progress. He's a 928 guy anyway. This was going to be a project that he "might" undertake. If he does, I'm sure he'll let us know. In the mean time, we have no right to bitch and moan.
If you don't like it, build your own. He's not LR or Vitesse, or SFR, he's a guy with some ability, and perhaps interest. End of story.
Get real.
Well since you are quoting me perhaps I should respond;

Highly considering making a new coated-stainless exhaust manifold for the 951, to Rennlister's specifications. Manifold will have v-band clamps for easy fitment/alignment, provisions to control "walking" since stainless moves around quite a bit, and both stock & Tial flanges for WG's.

So, If I can provide such a header for under $700, tell me what you want please.

Here's a sample of some of my work: I work with Boostlogic in making my 928-turbo system & other manifolds for them.

Mark.
That WAS the very first post. So I do believe the fellow's name IS Mark Robinson not Bill (unless maybe you know him well enough to know that his middle name might be Bill??). So who is the one that doesn't read the thread? AND if YOU took the time to read the whole thread you would know that it wasn't just the headers that Mark was thinking of producing but also a full 3" downpipe back to tailpipe system.

AND if you read the thread (even with marginal intelligence) you would understand that Mark was actually pretty committed to making at least one of those two products..........so I don't see what's wrong with people being disappointed at this maybe not working out.

I don't know who in the hell died and left you defender of all that IN YOUR MIND is right and wrong but you have a very bad habit of posting condescending comments like above very frequently.

I know you have served this country and for that I give you full respect, but don’t forget that one of our freedoms is freedom of speech and nobody here has really slammed Mark (other than maybe some competitors) so there is no reason for you to be so condescending to other members that just want to know the status of this project (and are maybe a little disappointed that it might not happen).
Old 05-25-2006, 11:42 PM
CO951
Burning Brakes

Any updates?

Quick Reply: EDIT: 951 exhaust manifolds...see last Post/Poll