Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

*OFFICIAL* Griffin Radiator Group Buy - Friday March 17th Ending Date!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 12:44 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Dan and anticipate paying up this week, assuming I am able to get ahold of someone who can take my information.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Diver944
Pro

Well I've really been struggling to place my order too. I've spoken to Scott three times last week and each time he's been waiting to get a price to ship the four radiators we want over here to England. I called again on Monday and was told he was off that day, I've called again now and spoken to Ron who is really struggling to find a record of my name and also the group buy but he was very helpful and will email me tonight when he finds something out.

He didnt want to talk about Scotts employment status but did say it was 'up in the air right now'. Hopefully we can get this moving soon - I've never had so much trouble trying to pay someone $1620
Old 03-29-2006, 04:20 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Well I just spoke with Griffin and I wasn't on the list that she had? She put me down but really didn't sound too enthusiastic about the whole deal. Almost sounded like it was a problem for her to be handling this. Maybe I just caught her on a bad day who knows. I believe her name is Deedee? Or something like that. She said that she was looking after it now.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Well I just spoke with Griffin and I wasn't on the list that she had? She put me down but really didn't sound too enthusiastic about the whole deal. Almost sounded like it was a problem for her to be handling this. Maybe I just caught her on a bad day who knows. I believe her name is Deedee? Or something like that. She said that she was looking after it now.
Solo -
Your name was not on the list, becuase I never got a PM from you with your name and address. Shouldn't be a big deal, but like I said - for those that did not get me their info before the cutoff date, I did not guarenty that you get in on the deal. Sounds like everything is a go for you though now.

And yes - Dedi Adams is taking care of the list of names right now at Griffin.

Originally Posted by Diver944
Well I've really been struggling to place my order too. I've spoken to Scott three times last week and each time he's been waiting to get a price to ship the four radiators we want over here to England. I called again on Monday and was told he was off that day, I've called again now and spoken to Ron who is really struggling to find a record of my name and also the group buy but he was very helpful and will email me tonight when he finds something out.

He didnt want to talk about Scotts employment status but did say it was 'up in the air right now'. Hopefully we can get this moving soon - I've never had so much trouble trying to pay someone $1620
Paul,

Your name is most certainly on the list. All four of the UK guy's names are on the list. I am sure they must have just looked over your name. Sorry its taking a while to get all the shipping info for you guys. I am going to bet that this is the first time they have shipped overseas.

Thanks everyone for your patients through this. I am busy with school and everything else, so I might not be able to get back to the 'list as much as I have been. Just send me a PM, or email me at matt87951 @ yahoo.com if you need anything.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 03-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DanG
As for what date to close the GB off and have them start making parts, I suggest April 7th. Thats more than two weeks since we were first able to phone in, and almost a month since we organized enough people to start things off.

Obviously not everyone that says "I'm in" can/will come through when its time to pay up. Not a big deal, its to be expected. So rather than hold the rest of our orders up, we should just set the end date and (hopefully) move the orders along.
April 7th is just fine for me. Like I said, the sooner we get the order charged - the sooner those of us that have paid with get our radiators.

I would not be apposed to moving the date up to Wednesday, April 5th as the cut off, that way Griffin can have our orders charged, a get everything they need ready by Friday in order to get parts ordered to build our radiators.

Originally Posted by OVERBOOST
Matt, assuming that the GB is still on, are you going to put another FINAL date on this.....How long are we willing to let this drag out?
I, for one, would like to get my new rad this year.....

Respectfully,

Paul
Paul - I am with you 100% I want my radiator as soon as possible. I do have to be somewhat fair, and make a reasonable cut-off date because of the situation about getting a hold of Griffin. I believe next Wednesday, April 5th (1 week from today) should be the cut off date. That gives everyone plenty of time yet to get their orders in.

If anyone is opposed, please let me know.

Matt
Old 03-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Got Me a Porsha
Racer

Opposed!

Unless of course, I am able to get through before then.

Is it safe to assume that the few or you requesting a cut-off date were able to get your financials squared away with Griffin? I become concerned when I have to work this hard to give away four hundred bucks; considering that so far with this car, the money has flowed like illegals into Arizona.

I will give it another shot tomorrow...
Old 03-30-2006, 09:28 AM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I guess I was lucky, I got through last week a few hours after we were given the OK to call in. I even BS'd with Scotty for a bit about our cars. He said he was into pre-F&F generation Supra turbos.

I agree April 5th is fine, but if guys are having trouble calling in, post up here like GMAP did so we know you're still trying.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

As long as I am aware that you guys are trying to call in your info. I will be willing to wait a little longer. However, out of the 4 or 5 times I have called, I only had trouble on one of the occasions. I guess I could have gotten lucky, but I am sure if you call once or twice a day you will get through.

I hope everyone that really wants a radiator gets their info in quick, so the rest of us can get our radiators soon. The ~16 or so that have called in already had their info in prior to the end of last week, so I know its possible to get your info in. Last week was crazy because of Griffin's computer systems being down, so last week all 16 must have called in either Thursday or Friday, once the list had been faxed.

Let me know if you are still having trouble calling in.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 03-30-2006, 03:44 PM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

Once the deadline hits can we get a list of who's info they have? I gave my info on Thurs'Fri (can't remember) to Scott...I don't mind waiting at all I just want to make sure I get in on the build.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Guys,

I just called and spoke to DD (what a chipper personality she has ) and placed my order. I ordered 4 of them (1 being for Got Me A Porsha) and she said she will charge the cards once everyone gets their infor to her and she puts the order in.

Did anyone decide on the official cut-off date or know how many have been paid for so far?
Old 04-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Hey Guys,

I just called and spoke to DD (what a chipper personality she has ) and placed my order. I ordered 4 of them (1 being for Got Me A Porsha) and she said she will charge the cards once everyone gets their infor to her and she puts the order in.

Did anyone decide on the official cut-off date or know how many have been paid for so far?
As long as there are no complaints - I was planning to have the cutoff Wednesday, April 5th. This will have given everyone just under 2 weeks to call in their info. I think that is more than enough time.

I will call Griffin again today, and see how many payments we are missing. I will let her know that she can charge the order first thing Thursday, unless she hears otherwise from me.

Last I called, there was roughly 20 orders in. So we should be getting pretty close to a complete list. But like I said, after Wednesday, we need to end this, so we can all get our radiators on order.

Thanks everyone,
Matt
Old 04-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Diver944
Pro

Well I'm about to give up on this farce - its driving me up the wall, I've never had so much trouble trying to buy something. I called three times in the first week, twice last week and twice already today. I've tried, Scott, Ron and now DD (only ever get her voicemail) but still no-one will give me a shipping cost, accept my order or charge my card.

The list will be four orders down until they accept my order

I dread to think what my phone bill will be

I'll keep trying
Old 04-03-2006, 05:00 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

FWIW I had as much trouble as you did diver944 - I ended up giving up and leaving all of my pertinent information on Dede's voicemail. Hopefully she got it - I've asked Matt to verify. This might be the only way some of us are going to get in on this. Although from the sounds of it I should be happy that I only had to speak to her voicemail as Dede sounds like she might not be the most pleasant woman around.
I would probably be pretty hesitant to pony up without knowing what overseas shipping costs would be too.

Hope it works out for you.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Diver944
Pro

Hooray, I just spoke to Alan at Griffin and my order has been taken

I'm happy again now, and that should be another 4 names to tick off the list: diver944, Eastender, Stever951 and Fen
Old 04-03-2006, 07:21 PM
RK951
Rennlist Member

I called Griffin today and couldn't get anyone but the phone receptionist. She mentioned that Scott was no longer with the company. I tried to reach another person in sales but all they could find was voicemail. I did give me credit card info to Scott however as he is gone,m it would be nice to know for sure if I'm actually on the list.

Matt: If you have an email contact from Griffin, can you ask them to email you a list of people who they have on the actual build list as paid?

Quick Reply: *OFFICIAL* Griffin Radiator Group Buy - Friday March 17th Ending Date!