Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

*OFFICIAL* Griffin Radiator Group Buy - Friday March 17th Ending Date!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 09:56 AM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I haven't been charged yet, thats good. Wait and see for now. Same here, you have to remember we were told 4 to 6 weeks before we get them. Let's not jump to conclusions.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Guys,

By the time I read the post yesterday that Scotty no longer was working at Griffin, it was to late to call. I have class and meetings until around 2pm today, but I might have a chance to call during lunch. I will let you all know what I find out. I will make sure we have a new contact, and that in fact the group buy is still going on.

Hold tight for now. If anyone gets a chance to call in before I do, feel free to do so and update everyone on the status of the GB.

Thanks again,
Matt
Old 03-28-2006, 01:56 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Just got off the phone with the receptionist at Griffins she told me he was gone for a week, and he will be back.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:57 PM
nize
Banned

just hope he's not gone on a week long shopping spree !
Old 03-28-2006, 05:58 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pk951
Just got off the phone with the receptionist at Griffins she told me he was gone for a week, and he will be back.
That is interesting, because I finally got through to talk with her, and from what she said, it sounded like he was no longer working there at all. But Lets hope he is back next week, he's been very informative to me, and has gladly answered all the questions everyone has had about the radiator.

I did verify that the price is still the same, and the group buy will still happen. There are 16 names on the list that have yet to call in their information. Griffin wont charge the order until everyone on the list has their information in, or until we decide when I good cut off date is. The sooner we get this charged, the sooner the ones that have paid will get our radiators.

Let me know what everyone thinks. I do realize it’s tough to get through to them; they are a very busy company. But everyone that wants in on this NEEDS to call soon. It took me a few tries today to get through, but if you try a couple times, you'll get through.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 03-28-2006, 06:45 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Matt,

Did they give you the name of a new contact/point person for our group buy? I left a VM for Scott with all my particulars but never got confirmation if he'd received it, just need to know who to check with.

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:00 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW
When we did the first gb with Griffin, Scotty had changed departments, but still got everyone taken care of. He was hard to contact via phone, at that time, as well.
The way the cc charge happened was that right before the unit was shipped(meaning after it was built and boxed) my card was charged. The unit landed here in Fla. about three or four days later. I also paid 20 bucks for shipping.
You guys might want to get with a sales managaer and find out the real deal on Scotts employment there. If he isn't there, have the sales manager hook you up with a contact. Griffin is NO FLY BY NIGHT operation. You'll be thrilled with the radiators and the service. Keep in mind that it will take a while to manufacture and ship, but nothing unreasonable. I recall it taking about two weeks or so.

Everyone take a deep breath.
Good luck with your gb. E
Old 03-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matthew951
Let me know what everyone thinks. I do realize it’s tough to get through to them; they are a very busy company. But everyone that wants in on this NEEDS to call soon. It took me a few tries today to get through, but if you try a couple times, you'll get through.

Thanks,
Matt
I also tried to call with no avail. Who is it that we should contact at this point? Is a voicemail sufficient?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:16 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Matt - I have tried to get through several times myself, it would be good to have a contact name in lieu of Scott
Old 03-28-2006, 08:26 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I've tried 3 times today to talk to someone and get put on extended hold. I finally told the lady answering the phones to let me leave a message - which I did. I still haven't heard from anyone. I'll try again tomorrow.

P.S. I also was told that "Scott was no longer here" which to me sounds like he is gone period and not just for a short while.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Same here, I even sent out a Email but no replay. Makes one wonder if you will get a product at the end of this tunnel.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:44 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Default Griffin's status

I couldn't wait the 4+ weeks for the group buy so I was forced to have one custom made by a local reputable fabricator. He was surprised to hear that "they were back in business" as the word was they had shut their doors a few months ago. I'm not trying to scare anyone but rather say that maybe they are new owners with some teething problems. I hope it all works out for everyone as Matt seems to have put a lot of time into this.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:21 PM
sparkyman215
Instructor

I think everything is all right but with all this confusion I might have to pay a visit to Griffin to get the full story. I only live about 20 min. away from them. I am kinda busy for the next couple days but I think I am free on friday. If everything is not cleared up by then I might take a little trip and figure everything out. That way we can all feel a little better.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:26 AM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for what date to close the GB off and have them start making parts, I suggest April 7th. Thats more than two weeks since we were first able to phone in, and almost a month since we organized enough people to start things off.

Obviously not everyone that says "I'm in" can/will come through when its time to pay up. Not a big deal, its to be expected. So rather than hold the rest of our orders up, we should just set the end date and (hopefully) move the orders along.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:28 AM
OVERBOOST
Rennlist Member

Matt, assuming that the GB is still on, are you going to put another FINAL date on this.....How long are we willing to let this drag out?
I, for one, would like to get my new rad this year.....

Respectfully,

Paul

Quick Reply: *OFFICIAL* Griffin Radiator Group Buy - Friday March 17th Ending Date!