Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

there is no replacement for dis...technology (astonishing hp and vid inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 02:44 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw.

ST I do think you hold the crown for the fastest street driven 951 in the world right now
Old 12-16-2005, 03:25 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

That is some insane EVO. I've driven my friends who put down 400 AWD, and it is frickin fast, it hooks up, and pulls in turns like no tomorrow. In NJ, we have a place that claims to have one of the fastest EVOs in the country, not the fastest. They are called www.turobtrix.com and won alot of awards, including a few at SEMA. They are like 15 minutes from me. But that one that used 42PSI of boost? Thats insanely high for those cars. They come stock from the factory set at 19PSI, I believe. I question how long a car like that will honestly last, even with a "optimally" tuned AEM EMS system. But the vast majority of these cars are built for drag, for the most part so their are alot of rebuils often anyway. I see this all the time at the nationally know drag track near me called Englishtown.

John: Dont be setting the RWHP bar for me pal and make me look bad! Let's just wait and see when the spring comes around. For me, Im not just looking for peak power, screw that. If that was the case, I would have bought a used Supra and bought a SFR 1000 kit. And yeah, dealt with a heavy car, and one that is a dog off of the line, and doesnt hit til like 5500-6500. What the hell kind of power-band is that? Anyway, I love my car. Now if all I cared about was a peak number, I would have had John build me the biggest damn turbo he could, crank the boost up to at least 30 PSI, and let it ride!! You know what, maybe I'll just do that. ST would love that. Maybe I buy a big-*** Vitesse Racing Stage 10 turbo, and just go for the 951 glory run. Who cares about lag, responsivness, drivability, area under the curve, how a Ford Fiesta could pull me in turns? Ill just make it all about being a dyno monster.

Im gonna tell John to build me one. Actually, I say if I am going for the gusto, why not shoot for 700 BHP or 800 BHP? Oh wait, the 044 fuel pump will reach its limit at 800 BHP, so that may be pushing it. And when I go for that run, you guys will love it. Why? Because when the engine lets go, it will be like the forth of July with parts flying everywhere!

Either way, ST has set a new benchmark for the 951. And you have to give me alot of credit for doing that. Especially since it's all his own money, and that he doesnt have a whole boat-load of mods. Good job ST, I think you have given alot of people faith and new aspirations with our cars. Now, watch out for Joe though, for I think he's lying and has something up his sleeve at Powerhaus. I don't trust him at all. For all we know, he may shoot for the 800 or 900 BHP mark?

Old 12-16-2005, 04:05 PM
tony s
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here in puerto rico , the house of the most powerfull street 951 637rwhp 2.8lt 8v jejeje
I try to find the data sheet soon
Old 12-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Originally Posted by blodstrupmoen
Skunk,

A bit OT , but I just saw the 2005 - street racing movie --

I noticed the sticker on a 3000gt " who the f*** is Keiko"

What kind of WHP is that car putting down now.. ??
At the wheels,643 hp / 601.4 ft/lbs at 31 psi on pump gas...that's at 5250 rpm,afr and ignition was not tuned higher than 5500 rpm due to lack of time...it revs 8500 rpm,so more power on the way.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:30 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

I found a thread in another board the infamous small-dick dudes and they are discussing that it's imposible to have such power from a 4 banger,and obtain daily driveability at the same time. Just because they swap they 4 cyl engines with a push rod v8.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:37 PM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

that would depend on your definintion of "driveability"....personally I wouldn't consider a 800+ whp car with lag out the wazoo to be daily driveable, whereas others might
Old 12-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Driveability is when you have 650 hp and virtually zero lag... which is not impossible. Like Tool said,back in the 70's that might be true,but not anymore...
Old 12-16-2005, 04:47 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by aeronautica86
that would depend on your definintion of "driveability"....personally I wouldn't consider a 800+ whp car with lag out the wazoo to be daily driveable, whereas others might
You are right I didn't express my self clearly. Well these guys don't think a car like that would be reliable, they believe those dyno numbers are one glory run but if you take the car to the track it will blow up at the first lap.

Their mentality is "reliable 500hp + are not possible in a 4 banger".
Old 12-16-2005, 04:56 PM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by lart951
You are right I didn't express my self clearly. Well these guys don't think a car like that would be reliable, they believe those dyno numbers are one glory run but if you take the car to the track it will blow up at the first lap.

I see what you mean now, and yeah, they are obviously wrong on that point
Old 12-16-2005, 05:01 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by tony s
here in puerto rico , the house of the most powerfull street 951 637rwhp 2.8lt 8v jejeje
I try to find the data sheet soon
Dude, you are like a bar fly that buzzes around and is annoying. You pop up on the radar map with this claim, yet have not one shread of evidence to validate a thing? What's up with that? I'll hold my breath on this one...

Old 12-16-2005, 05:09 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Skunk Workz
Driveability is when you have 650 hp and virtually zero lag... which is not impossible. Like Tool said,back in the 70's that might be true,but not anymore...
It was possible in the 80s and 90s. I've been there and done that in an IMSA GTP Lights car with 650 BHP back in the 90s. It was in a Buick V6 turbo-charged engine on Alba AR-5 chasis. This was originally the factory Momo car which debuted with a Cosworth V8 engine in it. I was one of the drivers on the team, so I know this car, let alone own it now. Special Tool has seen photos of it too. Maybe I'll post them on a thread here. The car weighted in @ 2150 lb. Lots of carbo fiber too. Car was very very fast, and I'm not even talking about as fast as the Silkcut Jags, Mazdas, Toyotas, let alone the Nissans when tuned right could make 1000 HP. Not bad for back in the 1990s and no lag?

Old 12-16-2005, 05:48 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
That is some insane EVO. I've driven my friends who put down 400 AWD, and it is frickin fast, it hooks up, and pulls in turns like no tomorrow. In NJ, we have a place that claims to have one of the fastest EVOs in the country, not the fastest. They are called www.turobtrix.com and won alot of awards, including a few at SEMA. They are like 15 minutes from me. But that one that used 42PSI of boost? Thats insanely high for those cars. They come stock from the factory set at 19PSI, I believe. I question how long a car like that will honestly last, even with a "optimally" tuned AEM EMS system. But the vast majority of these cars are built for drag, for the most part so their are alot of rebuils often anyway. I see this all the time at the nationally know drag track near me called Englishtown.

John: Dont be setting the RWHP bar for me pal and make me look bad! Let's just wait and see when the spring comes around. For me, Im not just looking for peak power, screw that. If that was the case, I would have bought a used Supra and bought a SFR 1000 kit. And yeah, dealt with a heavy car, and one that is a dog off of the line, and doesnt hit til like 5500-6500. What the hell kind of power-band is that? Anyway, I love my car. Now if all I cared about was a peak number, I would have had John build me the biggest damn turbo he could, crank the boost up to at least 30 PSI, and let it ride!! You know what, maybe I'll just do that. ST would love that. Maybe I buy a big-*** Vitesse Racing Stage 10 turbo, and just go for the 951 glory run. Who cares about lag, responsivness, drivability, area under the curve, how a Ford Fiesta could pull me in turns? Ill just make it all about being a dyno monster.

Im gonna tell John to build me one. Actually, I say if I am going for the gusto, why not shoot for 700 BHP or 800 BHP? Oh wait, the 044 fuel pump will reach its limit at 800 BHP, so that may be pushing it. And when I go for that run, you guys will love it. Why? Because when the engine lets go, it will be like the forth of July with parts flying everywhere!

Either way, ST has set a new benchmark for the 951. And you have to give me alot of credit for doing that. Especially since it's all his own money, and that he doesnt have a whole boat-load of mods. Good job ST, I think you have given alot of people faith and new aspirations with our cars. Now, watch out for Joe though, for I think he's lying and has something up his sleeve at Powerhaus. I don't trust him at all. For all we know, he may shoot for the 800 or 900 BHP mark?

Rolex dont get me stated on single turbos supras on race fuel. There is a right way to do it and a wrong way. There are plenty of 700-800rwhp getting full boost by 5k and they dont shift till 8 or sometimes 8.5k.

Thats just like you realizing full boost at 3.5k and going to 6.5-7k.

The high high hp guys dont have much of a powerband...but, then again thats a drag car and not a street car.

And I dont mean to set the bar high for you.....but, honestly it needs to be. your the first guy ever in the history of higher hp 951's that will have a fully built motor done correctly running the new vitesse stuff.

I dont want to sound like a blind fan but, I am. This is the time. Right here and now are we finally breaking into what the 951 can really do. Your car and ST's car will be breaking records all over the place. NO ONE HAS DONE WHAT YOU GUYS ARE ABOUT TO DO.

Show me one street 951 in the world making 600rwhp? your car will be the bench mark for 3.0ltr conversions for sometime to come I imagine and Jim's 951 will be the benchmark for 2.5ltr cars.

PERIOD! No body could have imagined jim's 533hp run! It was ground breaking why? Because john's kits are the ****ing benchmark when it comes to modding your 951 now. If your buying a aftermarket turbo for your 951 or a ems system you contact John. Thats it!

From the conversation I had with him several weeks ago I was really blown away by his willingness to help and how eager he was to answer any question I threw at him. Bottem line is the bar is set high for a reason. I am very anxious to see your results as well as what ST has up his sleeve.

This isint about going for the gusto so there is no need to post that. No one wants your motor blown to pieces...but, we deffenetely have expectations giving the fact that ST put out 533. Im sorry about the pressure but, what do you expect? No one has done what you fixing to do yet. Its part of the growing process.

There are plenty of supras out there making 550rwhp with great powerbands daily driven on pump gas when single'd. There are others out there that dont put the proper supporting mods on the car and have crappy powerbands.

Supras can be made into dyno queens...but, you can have 700hp and great tq and make good power above 4k. When you rev to 8k 4k is just as good of a powerband as 3k is for us. Lets not turn this into a supra vs 951 battle for hp....we all know who the winner would be.

I am extremely excited to see your results rolex and I personally was blown away by ST's results. Who would have thought 530hp on a 2.5ltr.

This is a exciting time my friends.....exciting indeed
Old 12-16-2005, 06:01 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951

The tard over there is strong. The thread about Tools 533RWHP is good for a laugh.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:08 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by theedge
The tard over there is strong. The thread about Tools 533RWHP is good for a laugh.
linky?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:12 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
linky?
at your request

533 is it possible????

Quick Reply: there is no replacement for dis...technology (astonishing hp and vid inside)