Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

there is no replacement for dis...technology (astonishing hp and vid inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 06:28 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lart951
at your request

533 is it possible????
haha that one dude is a ****ing tool!

He has no idea wtf he is talking about

a 489rwhp 951 would kill him. There aren many 951's making that kind of power....we would have hered about the car and the race had it been real.

just another owner prolly bs'ing about his #'s and making us look bad
Old 12-16-2005, 06:40 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

John:

On a street application with dragging, I agree with you that Supras the car to beat. But on a real race track? Sorry pal, I'll go against any Supra anyday of the week when my car is 100% done. Between my car (when it's done) and my skills, I will kiss a 1000 Supra good nite. You may be into straight line power, and I respect that, but I'm not at all. Never was, never will be. But as I said before, I'll say it time and time again. Any bonehead with big bucks can build a total beast, and floor it down the highway. However, if you want to talk about power & "real" driving skills, go to a long track road course. Pick one, like Road America, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, just to name a few. I know all of them, and I will bet you that STs or my 951 will make a 1000 Supra look really bad. I agree with you my friend on dragging, but on road courses, no way. Highly modded 951s will have much better lap times. I respect you John, but don't get me going with road racing vs straight line dragging.

Any ricer takers with a 1000 Supra want to call me on this? Pick the track, place and time, and let's meet. And please have the pink slip in hand. No cash, I want the car as an extra toy.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:50 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
John:

On a street application with dragging, I agree with you that Supras the car to beat. But on a real race track? Sorry pal, I'll go against any Supra anyday of the week when my car is 100% done. Between my car (when it's done) and my skills, I will kiss a 1000 Supra good nite. You may be into straight line power, and I respect that, but I'm not at all. Never was, never will be. But as I said before, I'll say it time and time again. Any bonehead with big bucks can build a total beast, and floor it down the highway. However, if you want to talk about power & "real" driving skills, go to a long track road course. Pick one, like Road America, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, just to name a few. I know all of them, and I will bet you that STs or my 951 will make a 1000 Supra look really bad. I agree with you my friend on dragging, but on road courses, no way. Highly modded 951s will have much better lap times. I respect you John, but don't get me going with road racing vs straight line dragging.

Any ricer takers with a 1000 Supra want to call me on this? Pick the track, place and time, and let's meet. And please have the pink slip in hand. No cash, I want the car as an extra toy.

gawd dammit rolex. Dont you ever read any of my posts?
lol

I always say the 951 owns the road course. Hell I think I said that several times today in another thread.

Im not all into drag racing but, when we are talking about street cars and street performance which 99% of we are .......hp and powerband matter.

On a race track its a hole different story. That requires much more of the car and I have already stated time and time again the 951 owns the road course..and thats the only real form of racing. Drag racing is just for fun...but, lets not kid ourselves about skill and car requirements.

A real road race requires alot more of a car.

Sometimes I wish you would read my posts and realize I agree with you on this point(which you have brought up several times.)
Old 12-16-2005, 06:52 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
gawd dammit rolex. Dont you ever read any of my posts?
lol

I always say the 951 owns the road course. Hell I think I said that several times today in another thread.

Im not all into drag racing but, when we are talking about street cars and street performance which 99% of we are .......hp and powerband matter.

On a race track its a hole different story. That requires much more of the car and I have already stated time and time again the 951 owns the road course..and thats the only real form of racing. Drag racing is just for fun...but, lets not kid ourselves about skill and car requirements.

A real road race requires alot more of a car.

Sometimes I wish you would read my posts and realize I agree with you on this point(which you have brought up several times.)
My bad then pal, my bad. Sorry! I was in a rush. Had to go to a meeting and didnt clearly read it. My sincere apologies.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:53 PM
special tool
Banned

I told that guy I would meet him at E-town and give him a couple of cars. I haven't heard back.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:56 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

So call him out and lets go there, its like 1 hr from my house.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:59 PM
special tool
Banned

He doesn't care - I even went OT on a thread to do it again (like he does).
Nothing.
I think he's got a small block Chevy
Old 12-16-2005, 07:01 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by special tool
He doesn't care - I even went OT on a thread to do it again (like he does).
Nothing.
I think he's got a small block Chevy
or small
Attached Images  
Old 12-16-2005, 07:08 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

rolex that pm you just sent me is hilarous.

I assume you sent that out not reading my posts and understanding how I feel about road racing.

Maybe you just dont understand that I agree with you and feel like im trying to attack you.

anyways I suggest you do a search for my posts and read my posts i have made today. i have said the 951 owns the road course in another thread several times today.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:59 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

rolex that pm you just sent me is hilarous.

I assume you sent that out not reading my posts and understanding how I feel about road racing.

Maybe you just dont understand that I agree with you and feel like im trying to attack you.

anyways I suggest you do a search for my posts and read my posts i have made today. i have said the 951 owns the road course in another thread several times today.
John, we're good my friend, totally pal. It was after the fact. PM me anytime and we can chat, ok?

ST: Lets get his *** and hit Englishtown, I am game!

Lart: You are a Goddam ***! Ugh!
Old 12-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your car will be the bench mark for 3.0ltr conversions for sometime to come I imagine and Jim's 951 will be the benchmark for 2.5ltr cars.
...perhaps....
Old 12-16-2005, 09:18 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Skunk Workz
...perhaps....
i think we need to open up some bets on ST vs. SW. first to hit 600 RWHP, then first to hit 700 RWHP.
I'm dissapointed in both of you until i see 700 rwhp!
Eyal
Old 12-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Originally Posted by Eyal 951
i think we need to open up some bets on ST vs. SW. first to hit 600 RWHP, then first to hit 700 RWHP.
I'm dissapointed in both of you until i see 700 rwhp!
Eyal
Said before,bringing the project stateside when it's done... But I can think of a couple others that will be done this winter that might be up to par with Jim and Rolex... as one is a 2.5 and another is a 3-litre... Of course I have nothing to do with them...
Old 12-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The post that summed it up for me on the hybrid board was the guy that said "small displacement engines making big power don't make sense". Huh? So efficiency is worthless? Efforts at getting more with less should be discarded? Heck, if that were the case, let's just all stuff 6.2L engines into our cars and make 200 hp. Who cares about efficiency, right?

Sheesh.

If I wanted a V8 in a Porsche, I'd get a 928. In fact, a dream of mine is a 944 with heavily-built 928 engine. Yes, I know there are fitment issues, but that just adds to the challenge. . . Maybe someday. . .

The other one I'd LOVE to see would be a twin-turbo mid-engine V12 in a 944 chassis. Boo-yah!

Unfortunately it wouldn't be "pure" since there aren't many Porsche V12s out there, but there ARE plenty of BMW 8-series engines to be had.

At least it'd be German. . .
Old 12-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Maybe we should ask them about who rules when it comes to hp per litre...? Which is all that tuning is about... Methinks Tool has put the benchmark there...or do they pack 1200hp smallblocks?

Quick Reply: there is no replacement for dis...technology (astonishing hp and vid inside)