Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

there is no replacement for dis...technology (astonishing hp and vid inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005 | 12:45 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ivai
I can see how our cars would outrun a Supra on a road course, but what about an Evo VIII, with awd? Aren't those things supposed to be nuts at handling? I wonder how people on here have faired on the track against beefed up rally-race cars like WRX's and Evo VIII's..

Prepared evo's are as fast as 966 gt3rs or at worst competitive against them on the track.( both have to run restrictors )
Old 12-18-2005 | 01:42 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Agree with most , been there done that , at your power output it better be a short track or the supra will tear you a , well you know !

But for the most part the jap cars are not competitive on the track with there euro equiv. but a well prepared supra will beat your 944T if you go any where near ,say somewhere like Sebring or mid ohio.

Now if using a a 911TT then the supra is on it's way home we have done and seen many along the way and the euro cars beat the evo, wrx, supra , 350z , rx8 crowd on the road course all the time .
So bring on the race , but let's have it friendly just in case , i would hate for a supra person to be driving a 951 on the side.

But stay away from the evo's they make for a better track car and can run at 500 whp all day. As for pump gas numbers here a few for comparision sakes ..

Mitsubishi 2 liter 4cyl - 433 whp
Porsche 911 t 3.4 L - 640 whp
Nissan Skyline RB26 - 748whp
Toyota Supra - 680 whp
nissan 350z TT - 633 whp
944 T - 400 whp
BMw M3 2.3L - 440whp
BMW Alpina B9 TT - 430 whp
BMW M3 3L T- 498 whp

Now the real problem is RPM or lack off regarding the 944, Those reving to 8000 plus will nail you to the wall with even less power output, just ask those who race Against Hondas that spin to 9000 plus...........
Ok first, you are way off base with me jack. A supra is going to kill me on long tracks, and I am just better off on short? Right. Do you know my gearing at all? Do you know what my rev limiter is set to? If I have a solid lift conversion? Dry- sump perhaps? Future mods? Do you have any clue what projected RWHP I will make? So based on these assumptions alone, you cannot conclude anything empiral, scientific, nor quantifiable. All are unknown variables, as it pertains to my car, not the average modded 951.

Second, lets talk about the infamous thing called driving skills. Do you have hands on experience racing these cars yourself? What are your "personal" credentials? Not your friends, your dads, or some of your buddies, you? If you have extensive years of racing, let me know what sanctioning bodies, what series, what levels, and what years. From there, I will be glad to contact people I know to attest to your background. So now what smarty? Put your foot in your mouth? Not only did you make some bad assumptions about my car, but you dont even know my driving experience, do you? I'll give you one clue, which should help to enlighten you. Look at my sig. What's it say? You have any idea, any clue the process involved to get to the pro level of a "highly competitive" series? Right...

And I personally have raced at Mid-Ohio, and have done (will do) testing at Sebring for several teams. So I know those tracks well, probably more than you can imagine. So I think you need to get some hard facts right before you talk as a subject matter expert. So drop the cocky attitude, not only is it OT, but it's not welcomed here. If you have a beef, PM me and we can address.

Back to the program...
Old 12-18-2005 | 01:52 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Mr A. Wayne, would you mind disclosing a little bit of info about your self.
Old 12-18-2005 | 01:52 PM
944CS
Drifting

600+ hp has been done before....PCA 1R cars...if I was allowed to show a picture of the turbo i would.
Old 12-18-2005 | 03:26 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Ok first, you are way off base with me jack. A supra is going to kill me on long tracks, and I am just better off on short? Right. Do you know my gearing at all? Do you know what my rev limiter is set to? If I have a solid lift conversion? Dry- sump perhaps? Future mods? Do you have any clue what projected RWHP I will make? So based on these assumptions alone, you cannot conclude anything empiral, scientific, nor quantifiable. All are unknown variables, as it pertains to my car, not the average modded 951.

Second, lets talk about the infamous thing called driving skills. Do you have hands on experience racing these cars yourself? What are your "personal" credentials? Not your friends, your dads, or some of your buddies, you? If you have extensive years of racing, let me know what sanctioning bodies, what series, what levels, and what years...

Back to the program...

That has got to be the most sensible post i have read here in a VERY long time!

Old 12-18-2005 | 03:27 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 944CS
600+ hp has been done before....PCA 1R cars...if I was allowed to show a picture of the turbo i would.
we are talking about street 951's smart guy.

there isint a 600rwhp street 951 in the world. Hopefully there will be one in the next few months
Old 12-18-2005 | 03:29 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Rolex NJ,

No disrespect intended but are you at liberty to disclose if you were a paid pro driver (make a living) or did you provide the funds (sponsors ?) ? Paying for a seat has been practised all the way up to F1 and has produced world champions so I don't see anything wrong with .
Old 12-18-2005 | 03:30 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
we are talking about street 951's smart guy.

there isint a 600rwhp street 951 in the world. Hopefully there will be one in the next few months
That's right, ST might be the first to do it in 2006, but you never know!

Hos: Thank you and big bump pal!
Old 12-18-2005 | 03:33 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

That's right, ST might be the first to do it in 2006, but you never know!

Hos: Thank you and big bump pal!
yeah I dont know if the stock 2.5ltr can hold that kind of hp or make it with stock displacement. It would be something to see for sure. Just like him making 533hp with the 2.5 600 would just be.....well mindblowing.

I was mostly talking about you rolex......we are axiously awaiting your results
Old 12-18-2005 | 03:37 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

John: Any car not runing pump gas maybe considered street, but not in my book (different opinions and no, i don't think negative, tool pushes the car to the extreme, which is good! and the results show).

Rob: You are speaking the truth, everyone just focuses on power/torque, what they don't understand is that 400whp in a 944T is completely different than 400whp in a Merc, BMW, Jeep or whatever......but you already know that
Old 12-18-2005 | 03:37 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

yeah I dont know if the stock 2.5ltr can hold that kind of hp or make it with stock displacement. It would be something to see for sure. Just like him making 533hp with the 2.5 600 would just be.....well mindblowing.

I was mostly talking about you rolex......we are axiously awaiting your results
I think ST will do it John, its a matter of "when", not if. And thanks for the words of encouragement pal. But you know what, until the check is in the mail it's all BS. I'm a conservative guy, except when racing, so we'll just have to wait and see. But I do have a great tuner, and I have all of the Vitesse products to get me to a higher level.

Old 12-18-2005 | 04:20 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
John: Any car not runing pump gas maybe considered street, but not in my book (different opinions and no, i don't think negative, tool pushes the car to the extreme, which is good! and the results show).

Rob: You are speaking the truth, everyone just focuses on power/torque, what they don't understand is that 400whp in a 944T is completely different than 400whp in a Merc, BMW, Jeep or whatever......but you already know that
If its has registration and inspection and is drivin on the street sometimes I will consider it a street car.

I await pics and a dyno sheet. Until I reiterate what I already stated. There isint a 600rwhp street 951 in the world
Old 12-18-2005 | 04:41 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If its has registration and inspection and is drivin on the street sometimes I will consider it a street car.

I await pics and a dyno sheet. Until I reiterate what I already stated. There isint a 600rwhp street 951 in the world
To my knowledge, and trust me I am on the look out 24/7 pal, I don't know of a totally "street-legal" one as of yet. But I am always on the look-out everywhere.

Old 12-18-2005 | 04:48 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

To my knowledge, and trust me I am on the look out 24/7 pal, I don't know of a totally "street-legal" one as of yet. But I am always on the look-out everywhere.

Yeah I look too. and to my knowledge ther e isint one. Now there are some 951 track cars that make that kind of power but, they arent street machines.

hell seans boss at ruf here in carolton has a 600rwhp 951. But, it aint a street car.

hopefully that wont be the case in 06'. Its high time we start shocking the world with what 951's can really do. I love the stupid v8 guy on that other board saying that 533rwhp out of a 2.5 just doesnt sound right too him and isint possible.

first he said it wasent real. Then someone posted the number.

then he said it made no tq so someone posted the tq #'s

then still being the *** he is he said well thats prolly just one glory run and the car would never make that kind of power on a regular basis. yada yada yada.

These guys are dealing with acient ideals. They think bigger is better and the only way to make good power. They have never hered of 1000hp supras 600-700hp hondas doing it with less than 2.0ltrs of displacement.

and they certainly havent seen a 600rwhp 951. Time to enlighten their sheltered hearts. I bet he thinks that evo making 800awhp is photoshopped. lol
Old 12-18-2005 | 04:53 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah I look too. and to my knowledge ther e isint one. Now there are some 951 track cars that make that kind of power but, they arent street machines.

hell seans boss at ruf here in carolton has a 600rwhp 951. But, it aint a street car.

hopefully that wont be the case in 06'. Its high time we start shocking the world with what 951's can really do. I love the stupid v8 guy on that other board saying that 533rwhp out of a 2.5 just doesnt sound right too him and isint possible.

first he said it wasent real. Then someone posted the number.

then he said it made no tq so someone posted the tq #'s

then still being the *** he is he said well thats prolly just one glory run and the car would never make that kind of power on a regular basis. yada yada yada.

These guys are dealing with acient ideals. They think bigger is better and the only way to make good power. They have never hered of 1000hp supras 600-700hp hondas doing it with less than 2.0ltrs of displacement.

and they certainly havent seen a 600rwhp 951. Time to enlighten their sheltered hearts. I bet he thinks that evo making 800awhp is photoshopped. lol
John, you are sooooo right. Most of them live in the damn stone age, what a joke! And yeah, they need a wake up call bad, hello, it's 2005 and technology has advanced? It's not the 1980s people!

And I did go on that one thread to nicely "educate" that bonehead about ST's car. No response, but that's expected of course.

Quick Reply: there is no replacement for dis...technology (astonishing hp and vid inside)