Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

there is no replacement for dis...technology (astonishing hp and vid inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005 | 04:57 PM
special tool
Banned

John - BOB at Ruff told me hmself in a private e-mail that that car is only 600 crank - and he has problems holding it together at that. Here is the e-mail:

Hello Mr. Lutjens,

I do have a high horsepower 951 engine. But it is not 900 HP. At 18 lbs boost it makes a little over 600 HP. By all calculations it can make a lot more power but at the cost of reliability. Even at 600 it does tend to break a lot of parts. This is not a street car at all. The motor including the turbo setup and the fuel and ignition control has over $80,000 invested in it. I would be happy to talk to you about it at any time. You can call me at the number below

And the dyno sheets are non-existant......
Old 12-18-2005 | 05:01 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
John, you are sooooo right. Most of them live in the damn stone age, what a joke! And yeah, they need a wake up call bad, hello, it's 2005 and technology has advanced? It's not the 1980s people!

And I did go on that one thread to nicely "educate" that bonehead about ST's car. No response, but that's expected of course.

right on man. They really have no idea what technology is capable of these days.

They just stuff a v8 into the car cause they think its the only reliable way to make any power. Ignorance must suck when you see 951's making mid 400's to the wheels without very much effort.

Kinda reminds me of my father. Bless his heart he came from that same era and while has worldly knowledge of some of the more pretty examples of craftsmanship(i.e. ferraris, 911's,masserati's,ect) he had no idea my little 951 would pull like that.

I absolutely destoryed his 928....I mean destoryed. His 911 was left for dead and I even picked on a shelby mustang his buddy brought over.

All this with bolt ons!! I have no real money in my car. Maybe 7k in performance mods now and thats having a pro do all the work for me. If I had the time to do the install myself I could cut that # by a couple grand.

now you could just buy one of john's kits throw on all the othe goodies to match have a 400+rwhp 951 for 12-13k including buying the car! Its a performance bargin
Old 12-18-2005 | 05:03 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by special tool
John - BOB at Ruff told me hmself in a private e-mail that that car is only 600 crank - and he has problems holding it together at that. Here is the e-mail:

Hello Mr. Lutjens,

I do have a high horsepower 951 engine. But it is not 900 HP. At 18 lbs boost it makes a little over 600 HP. By all calculations it can make a lot more power but at the cost of reliability. Even at 600 it does tend to break a lot of parts. This is not a street car at all. The motor including the turbo setup and the fuel and ignition control has over $80,000 invested in it. I would be happy to talk to you about it at any time. You can call me at the number below

Another joke and more BS. Data dammit, I want hardcore data to validate all of this!!

Old 12-18-2005 | 05:06 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by special tool

Hello Mr. Lutjens,

Well I cant say for sure as I havent been there to see the dyno either....but, I know the car makes the hp thats for sure.

regardless my point was there isint a 600rwhp street 951 in the world. So its high time we have one.

I hope to have my car in order for john's goodies feb/march next year. I was honestly hoping before then but, this whole 968 conversion thing is milking me dry.

Im at a little over 5 grand invested now in this rear end but, ofcourse that does include the 1300.00 doller stainless/polished 4inch exhaust system.

jim can you make me a 3inch dp when we do the turbo? I really need one
Old 12-18-2005 | 05:12 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Another joke and more BS. Data dammit, I want hardcore data to validate all of this!!
How dare you doubt Tool, he doesn't lie.
Attached Images  
Old 12-18-2005 | 08:58 PM
Glider
Instructor

The reason 944's aren't making big hp is because there aren't as many around to play with, so there aren't several companies throwing on parts trying everything possible to be the leader in performance so they can sell parts. The guys making parts for Mitsubishi, Honda etc. know they will sell a boatload of parts. So they twist all the ***** till something breaks make it stronger and keep going. With thousands of customers they can afford it and the results are impressive.

951's have just a good a chance to make power as all the rest, they just don't have as many taking the chances. My .02
Old 12-18-2005 | 09:14 PM
944CS
Drifting

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
there isint a 600rwhp street 951 in the world. Hopefully there will be one in the next few months
thats pretty arrogant, just because it hasn't been advertised on rennlist doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Old 12-18-2005 | 09:24 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 944CS
thats pretty arrogant, just because it hasn't been advertised on rennlist doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
no it isint.

why dont you show me a street driven 951 that has 600rwhp then?

I would be more than happy to be proven wrong. I know there are track cars out there making that kind of power(few as they may be) but, there arent any street machines out there making that kind of power to my knowledge.

so post up or shut up
Old 12-18-2005 | 09:26 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Ok first, you are way off base with me jack. A supra is going to kill me on long tracks, and I am just better off on short? Right. Do you know my gearing at all? Do you know what my rev limiter is set to? If I have a solid lift conversion? Dry- sump perhaps? Future mods? Do you have any clue what projected RWHP I will make? So based on these assumptions alone, you cannot conclude anything empiral, scientific, nor quantifiable. All are unknown variables, as it pertains to my car, not the average modded 951.

Second, lets talk about the infamous thing called driving skills. Do you have hands on experience racing these cars yourself? What are your "personal" credentials? Not your friends, your dads, or some of your buddies, you? If you have extensive years of racing, let me know what sanctioning bodies, what series, what levels, and what years. From there, I will be glad to contact people I know to attest to your background. So now what smarty? Put your foot in your mouth? Not only did you make some bad assumptions about my car, but you dont even know my driving experience, do you? I'll give you one clue, which should help to enlighten you. Look at my sig. What's it say? You have any idea, any clue the process involved to get to the pro level of a "highly competitive" series? Right...

And I personally have raced at Mid-Ohio, and have done (will do) testing at Sebring for several teams. So I know those tracks well, probably more than you can imagine. So I think you need to get some hard facts right before you talk as a subject matter expert. So drop the cocky attitude, not only is it OT, but it's not welcomed here. If you have a beef, PM me and we can address.

Back to the program...

Whoooaaaa! you must be related to lutjens ,LEGENDS IN YOUR OWN MINDS,
i did not make any assumptions, i gave my opinion based on what HAS been done and when you have lapped sebring in under 2.14 in your 951 give me a call, you Moron , you can kiss my ***, WHAT A COMPLETE IGNANT JERK ! YOU TEST AT SEBRING , WHAT CLEAN THE GOD DAMN WHEELS !
Old 12-18-2005 | 09:35 PM
944CS
Drifting

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
no it isint.

why dont you show me a street driven 951 that has 600rwhp then?

I would be more than happy to be proven wrong. I know there are track cars out there making that kind of power(few as they may be) but, there arent any street machines out there making that kind of power to my knowledge.

so post up or shut up
Class GT-1S
All turbocharged cars having engines over 3.4 liters displacement (after the 1.3 multiplication factor)
on DOT-approved tires.
who said it wasn't a street car.
Old 12-18-2005 | 09:38 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Class GT-1S
All turbocharged cars having engines over 3.4 liters displacement (after the 1.3 multiplication factor)
on DOT-approved tires.
okay so show me then...dont post up about the entire class.

show the the street registration sticker and inspection sticker on the car and some pics of it on the street somewhere along with a dyno chart.

im not trying to be a *******...just simply stating that I dont know of one street driven 951 with 600rwhp....and niether does anyone else.

so why dont you prove us all wrong and post up some real data proving there are street 951's out there with 600rwhp.

Once again...I dont mind be proven wrong... you just have yet to post up any sort of concrete data on this street beast
Old 12-18-2005 | 09:40 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Class GT-1S
on DOT-approved tires.
also wanted to add 3.4ltrs isint exactly the stock 951 motor.

can we keep this too 2.5ltrs or at most the 3.0 ltr 944 varient outta the s2.

Not that it matters I think your going to have a hard enough time showing a 600rwhp dyno chart on a car thats tagged and inspected as it is
Old 12-18-2005 | 09:45 PM
944CS
Drifting

its more than 3.4 after you multiply the actual displacement by 1.3, thus the (after the 1.3 multiplication factor) note.
Old 12-18-2005 | 09:48 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Ok first, you are way off base with me jack. A supra is going to kill me on long tracks, and I am just better off on short? Right. Do you know my gearing at all? Do you know what my rev limiter is set to? If I have a solid lift conversion? Dry- sump perhaps? Future mods? Do you have any clue what projected RWHP I will make? So based on these assumptions alone, you cannot conclude anything empiral, scientific, nor quantifiable. All are unknown variables, as it pertains to my car, not the average modded 951.

Second, lets talk about the infamous thing called driving skills. Do you have hands on experience racing these cars yourself? What are your "personal" credentials? Not your friends, your dads, or some of your buddies, you? If you have extensive years of racing, let me know what sanctioning bodies, what series, what levels, and what years. From there, I will be glad to contact people I know to attest to your background. So now what smarty? Put your foot in your mouth? Not only did you make some bad assumptions about my car, but you dont even know my driving experience, do you? I'll give you one clue, which should help to enlighten you. Look at my sig. What's it say? You have any idea, any clue the process involved to get to the pro level of a "highly competitive" series? Right...

And I personally have raced at Mid-Ohio, and have done (will do) testing at Sebring for several teams. So I know those tracks well, probably more than you can imagine. So I think you need to get some hard facts right before you talk as a subject matter expert. So drop the cocky attitude, not only is it OT, but it's not welcomed here. If you have a beef, PM me and we can address.

Back to the program...
I have notice you are quick to talk about driving skills , Well my limited aptitude friend we where discussing the potential difference's of the cars , not if M schumacher is in a 951 and you are driving the supra then the 951 will win, what the hell is that ,we are discussing the technical pluses and minus's of the cars .
So now you want to personally attack well not a PROBLEM ! WE CAN DO THIS AT SEBRING , OR DO YOU REQUIRE TIME FOR YOUR PIPE DREAM , YOU WILL THEN KNOW WHO I'AM AND I'M NOT A " FORMER IMSA GTP DRIVER" BRING YOUR 951 AND SOME CASH I DO NOT WANT THAT PIECE OF CRAP, I WILL BRING THE SUPRA , SKYLINE , EVO ,ETC LET ME KNOW , MISTER MY MOUTH IS BIGGER THAN MY ***** ROLEX.

I GUESS THE GTP STANDS FOR,
G= GREAT
T= TERMINALLY RETARDED
P= PR,,,,,,,,,K

AND THE WORD FORMER MEANS YOU ARE RECOVERING !
Unbelievable! not to worry it is your world , i'm just passing thru.

AND yes i'm pissed , I'm tried of the collective ignorance that constantly attacks when challenged as if they own this board , THIS IS A PUBLIC DOMAIN YOU JERK I have had it .
Let me know if you have the ***** to turn up PCA will be there in feb PBOC in Jan. , NASA etc..
Old 12-18-2005 | 09:49 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

its more than 3.4 after you multiply the actual displacement by 1.3, thus the (after the 1.3 multiplication factor) note.
lol...oh okay.

listen maybe I need to clarify my statement made earlier so you fully understand what I mean when I say street 951.

It needs to retain stock or close to stock production displacement. It needs to retain its legal registration and inspection. There are plenty of guys doing 3.0 ltr motors in the 951's so im hoping we can see a real street driven 951 with 600rwhp soon.

You are obviously talking about track queens of which I am already well aware of what kind of power they can make.

We are talking a real street car here even driven daily sometimes making this kind of power. This is what im anxious to see and, hopefully what will happen in 06'

Quick Reply: there is no replacement for dis...technology (astonishing hp and vid inside)