Broadfoot SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 05:13 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scott H
I have nothing but positive things to say about Broadfoot. They try to do their best, but as a small business that is dependent upon upstream suppliers, things can get backed up. Albert's a one man band at this point, which is a blessing and a curse. A blessing since it saves overhead and he can beat everyone's prices in the industry and serve individual customer needs, but he's limited by how many hours he can work in a day and can get bogged down in orders or have supplier issues since he isn't that big of a fish. Albert is an asset to the community at this point, but all the bad press and vitriol that he gets on this board (a lot by people who have never so much as talked to the man let alone placed an order) while not completely baseless, actually ends up hurting the community as a whole. Given how small the 944 Turbo community is we should all be thankful that there is even a market left for these cars. Albert has been around these cars since they were built new, both as a factory trained technician and racer. Find me another vendor that has that kind of experience.

You'll rarely hear from satisfied customers, but as soon as one person has something negative to say then that becomes gospel. This is only amplified by the medium through which we're trying to communicate given the propensity towards groupthink on forums.
Scott, I live here in Jacksonville. I went out of my way to just get him on the phone to do a total engine build. It took 2 months to even get a call back, and that was from Kelly. Even then, I had to do all of the work just to communicate.
When it comes to parts, he DRASTICALLY over promises and DRASTICALLY under delivers. That's not conjecture. That's a long history, and continues to be the M. O. to this day. I've gone to bat for him more than a few times, on this board. He doesn't deserve it, and I won't do it again.
It's so bad that I've had guys in Australia and N.Z. ask me to call on their behalf.
The fact is that they take people's money to pay for what they promised someone else and they deliver products after getting money from the next customer's payment.
Though he's a top notch engine builder, he's long been a horrific businesman, when it comes to delivering as promised when promised and even any remotely acceptable level of customer service and communication. The bottom line is that the crap he's getting is well deserved.
As you said, this is a small community. All we ask is honesty and communications to go with the quality of parts promised. In ANY other business, that is the bare minimum expectation.
He doesn't even meet that.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:15 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by racerxrick
Dude, took the heat of 40000 people locally trying to lynch me and Iam still living in the same place, iam sure is going to take more than lame comment that to hurt me.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:27 PM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Scott, I live here in Jacksonville. I went out of my way to just get him on the phone to do a total engine build. It took 2 months to even get a call back, and that was from Kelly. Even then, I had to do all of the work just to communicate.
When it comes to parts, he DRASTICALLY over promises and DRASTICALLY under delivers. That's not conjecture. That's a long history, and continues to be the M. O. to this day. I've gone to bat for him more than a few times, on this board. He doesn't deserve it, and I won't do it again.
It's so bad that I've had guys in Australia and N.Z. ask me to call on their behalf.
The fact is that they take people's money to pay for what they promised someone else and they deliver products after getting money from the next customer's payment.
Though he's a top notch engine builder, he's long been a horrific businesman, when it comes to delivering as promised when promised and even any remotely acceptable level of customer service and communication. The bottom line is that the crap he's getting is well deserved.
As you said, this is a small community. All we ask is honesty and communications to go with the quality of parts promised. In ANY other business, that is the bare minimum expectation.
Summed up perfectly...
Old 10-06-2011, 05:29 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lart951
Dude, took the heat of 40000 people locally trying to lynch me and Iam still living in the same place, iam sure is going to take more than lame comment that to hurt me.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

While I'll concede I don't know the whole history of every order he has messed up, I'm just relaying my opinion and experience. I'll certainly consider the opinions of others in my future business with him, but in my dealings he has never been hard to contact, never overpromised, and exceeded my expectations. Maybe I'm the exception (and believe me, I was sent story after story when I posted about sending them payment for a product) but I can only tell my side of the story. If/when he screws me over, I'll be sure to post about it.
Originally Posted by lart951
Dude, took the heat of 40000 people trying to lynch me and I still live in the same place, iam sure is going to take more than that to hurt me.
Wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers, I like and respect you, just can't say I like being pigeonholed for being young.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:32 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by teamcrossworks
Summed up perfectly...
Well put indeed! Nothing I can add!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:48 PM
dnovak
Racer

"You'll rarely hear from satisfied customers, but as soon as one person has something negative to say then that becomes gospel. This is only amplified by the medium through which we're trying to communicate given the propensity towards groupthink on forums."

All I wanted from Broadfoot racing is some honesty! If they would have told me the truth on the delivery dates I would of gladly accepted it but when they say one thing and never do anything it kind of sucks. I do know Kelli was involved in that car jacking that made the news down there but that was already a month later than the delivery date that she had promised. I did feel pretty bad about being a dic$ but when I order from LR it shows up when he tells me it will show up.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:11 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dnovak
"You'll rarely hear from satisfied customers, but as soon as one person has something negative to say then that becomes gospel. This is only amplified by the medium through which we're trying to communicate given the propensity towards groupthink on forums."

All I wanted from Broadfoot racing is some honesty! If they would have told me the truth on the delivery dates I would of gladly accepted it but when they say one thing and never do anything it kind of sucks. I do know Kelli was involved in that car jacking that made the news down there but that was already a month later than the delivery date that she had promised. I did feel pretty bad about being a dic$ but when I order from LR it shows up when he tells me it will show up.
Don't sweat it man. Crap service is crap service! It's not like you are the first! If they have some happy customers it just shows that you can't screw over everbody!

So as a newbie you've learned your first lesson! Now just don't order from Speed Force Racing (pending a turn around in service) and you'll be OK.

... Welcome aboard!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:09 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'll say this. We should give Tim @ SFR an opportunity to turn things around. Until this year, he has been as outstanding as any of the other top vendors. The economy is in the tank and no one knows what may be going on in his personal life. There could be a decent reason why things haven't gone so well recently.
If things don't turn around in a while, then we can re-visit the issue.
Everyone deserves a second chance, just not a 1000th chance.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:12 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Agreed, but this is not the first time with SFR
Old 10-07-2011, 12:11 AM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by David Floyd
+1... has the cost of E mail gone up? Just saying!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:37 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

I'll say this. We should give Tim @ SFR an opportunity to turn things around. Until this year, he has been as outstanding as any of the other top vendors. The economy is in the tank and no one knows what may be going on in his personal life. There could be a decent reason why things haven't gone so well recently.
If things don't turn around in a while, then we can re-visit the issue.
+1

Originally Posted by David Floyd
Originally Posted by schip43
+1... has the cost of E mail gone up? Just saying!
Perhaps I am also the exception to the rule, but I have had nothing but positive experiences with Tim, in fact, I was speaking to him on his cell phone while he was waiting for a tow truck after wrecking his personal 951.. at the time he said business was going ape **** crazy, and he was having a hard time keeping up!

I believe in the one unhappy customer wipes out a hundred happy ones, however I am nothing but happy with the communication, service, and items I have bought from SFR.

I too, have gotten behind before, taking weeks to send out packages, and days to reply to emails (some, woefully have not been replied to..).. it happens to everyone, add a few complications into the mix and it spirals quickly!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So how 'bout for the people who've had good experiences with any certain vendor, stick with them. If they've had bad experiences with any certain vendor, don't go back to them.

Problem solved.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:18 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Black51
So how 'bout for the people who've had good experiences with any certain vendor, stick with them. If they've had bad experiences with any certain vendor, don't go back to them.

Problem solved.
No man that's to easy! It's better to keep dumping on the dip wads, in an effort to shame them back inline!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:21 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
+1

Perhaps I am also the exception to the rule, but I have had nothing but positive experiences with Tim, in fact, I was speaking to him on his cell phone while he was waiting for a tow truck after wrecking his personal 951.. at the time he said business was going ape **** crazy, and he was having a hard time keeping up!

I believe in the one unhappy customer wipes out a hundred happy ones, however I am nothing but happy with the communication, service, and items I have bought from SFR.

I too, have gotten behind before, taking weeks to send out packages, and days to reply to emails (some, woefully have not been replied to..).. it happens to everyone, add a few complications into the mix and it spirals quickly!
Yeah, but you're retarded, so you get a pass.
How've you been bro? We might have to do a trade to get you some FF wins!
It's just not as much fun when you aren't winning and takling crap!

Quick Reply: Broadfoot SUCKS!