Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Broadfoot SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 09:59 PM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

Sometimes it's good to have a bone stock 951. Keeps me from having to deal with the crazies.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:37 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by piperporsche180944
What is wrong with 951 vendors!!! Im buying a Corvette, skip this sketchy sht.....
Like anything else, you hear volumes about the bad ones, and little about the many good ones. A number of really good ones have been listed above.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:40 AM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zerMATT951
In this day of Porsche vendors going to hell, it's nice to know that you can call (or web) places like Lindsey Racing, Pelican, and Zim's to get the parts that you need. Sure, some of those "older" custom fab places made some really cool sh*t, but when you send money and get nothing in return, even the coolest sh*t is useless and extremely frustrating. I've had nothing but great service from Dave, Mike, and Traci at Lindset Racing, and I see no sign of that changing any time soon. Kirk at Zim's is always willing to go the extra mile, and being local, he has given me his cell # and told me to call any time on weekends if I get in a pinch. He has even offered to stash parts in the bushes outside so I can swing by and pick them up after they are closed... talk about going the extra mi
le!
Matt,

I couldn't agree more! Venders that go that "extra mile" deserve our business.

If I may, I have a few more to add to the list:

Joshua @ Rogue Tuning
Charlie @ Evergreen Turbo
Chris @ 944 Enhancement

Broadfoot...sorry, not for me.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:18 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

sad some of the good guys are not allowed to sell on RL
Old 10-06-2011, 03:08 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lart951
sad some of the good guys are not allowed to sell on RL
Can't forget Lart...he's always there for us too!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:35 AM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

I'm sorry Lart...I did forget you.

Lart good.

Broadfoot bad.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:16 AM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by teamcrossworks
Matt,

I couldn't agree more! Venders that go that "extra mile" deserve our business.

If I may, I have a few more to add to the list:

Joshua @ Rogue Tuning
Charlie @ Evergreen Turbo
Chris @ 944 Enhancement

Broadfoot...sorry, not for me.
...and John @ Vitesse Racing...
Old 10-06-2011, 07:19 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

This will sound really odd, but I would still buy from Broadfoot...if certain parameters are set prior to the purchase. They're a really small outfit and just get behind. They were also victums of a random act of violence this year which made the news. They definitely do need to work on repairing a damaged reputation and I believe the cornerstone to this is just communicating. That is without a doubt the most common and frustrating cause of angst for the customer. It seems worse being O.S. from most 944 vendors. The fibreglass side of their business has taken a backseat and often takes months and months of waiting with no word or reply to countless emails / ph messages. I would be understanding of this situation if they just said that it's going to take e.g. 3 months to get this part to you. Do you still want it? Then you can make a decision one way or the other.

Incidentally, I received an email from Kelli offering apologies and a tracking number for the nose piece I ordered.

I've also had good service from LR , Vitesse and others so it's definitely possible.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:45 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
This will sound really odd, but I would still buy from Broadfoot...if certain parameters are set prior to the purchase. They're a really small outfit and just get behind. They were also victums of a random act of violence this year which made the news. They definitely do need to work on repairing a damaged reputation and I believe the cornerstone to this is just communicating. That is without a doubt the most common and frustrating cause of angst for the customer. It seems worse being O.S. from most 944 vendors. The fibreglass side of their business has taken a backseat and often takes months and months of waiting with no word or reply to countless emails / ph messages. I would be understanding of this situation if they just said that it's going to take e.g. 3 months to get this part to you. Do you still want it? Then you can make a decision one way or the other.

Incidentally, I received an email from Kelli offering apologies and a tracking number for the nose piece I ordered.

I've also had good service from LR , Vitesse and others so it's definitely possible.
Well yeah, but the problem seems to be that the douche bag vendor's don't seem to get the basics of customer service! The whole good for cash thing seems to escape them!

But to ask a pertaint question. If you pay with a CC and never get the parts, is'nt it a simple matter of canceling the charge if the goods never arrived?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:20 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Lart is a good guy, and always willing to negotiate. Others have been mentioned above.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have nothing but positive things to say about Broadfoot. They try to do their best, but as a small business that is dependent upon upstream suppliers, things can get backed up. Albert's a one man band at this point, which is a blessing and a curse. A blessing since it saves overhead and he can beat everyone's prices in the industry and serve individual customer needs, but he's limited by how many hours he can work in a day and can get bogged down in orders or have supplier issues since he isn't that big of a fish. Albert is an asset to the community at this point, but all the bad press and vitriol that he gets on this board (a lot by people who have never so much as talked to the man let alone placed an order) while not completely baseless, actually ends up hurting the community as a whole. Given how small the 944 Turbo community is we should all be thankful that there is even a market left for these cars. Albert has been around these cars since they were built new, both as a factory trained technician and racer. Find me another vendor that has that kind of experience.

You'll rarely hear from satisfied customers, but as soon as one person has something negative to say then that becomes gospel. This is only amplified by the medium through which we're trying to communicate given the propensity towards groupthink on forums.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:58 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Scott H
Albert has been around these cars since they were built new, both as a factory trained technician and racer. Find me another vendor that has that kind of experience.
Dude, how old are you?
Old 10-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How many city council seats have you successfully held?
Old 10-06-2011, 05:08 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Old 10-06-2011, 05:12 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Scott H

How many city council seats have you successfully held?
Council seats 0
But my young lad, I can assure you that Dave and Mike from LR know these cars when they were new also, I got the pleasure to ride in a 930 back in 1977 when I was 16 and I saw the first 944's NA that came to So Cal back in 1983-84.

Quick Reply: Broadfoot SUCKS!