Broadfoot SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 01:11 PM
gcb951
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Broadfoot SUCKS!

Okay,
A while back I mentioned how these a**holes shorted me a pulley on my order. It then took them a month to send me the missing one. I also ordered an AC delete bracket at that time too. It's been 3 months since the order and I decided to cancel the order and ask for a refund. Once I made a request for the refund it took them over a week to send it to my PayPal account. AND THEY SHORTED ME $10! WTF is wrong with these people. They have such nice stuff on thier site and it looks very professional. Fact of the matter is: DON'T BUY FROM BROADFOOT, they will rip you off! Unless you want to wait forever only to be totally dissappointed. Not only had I waited for months to get my parts from them (and never did get the AC delete), they sent me bumper trim pieces from a 911 (no doubt someone is still waiting for those too). And the woman at Broadfoot told me that was DHL's fault.....Yeah right lady, it had my address on it.

I'm really pissed off at these people. Beware of thier shaddy business.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:33 AM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Speaking of Broadfoot. What the hell ever happened with the charity raffle they were doing for the 951 racecar. I got suckered in to buying a ticket and as far as I know they never followed through with it and never refunded my money like they said they would if they didn't sell enough tickets. I emailed both Albert and Kelli a month or so ago and never heard back.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:01 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Not only had I waited for months to get my parts from them (and never did get the AC delete), they sent me bumper trim pieces from a 911 (no doubt someone is still waiting for those too). And the woman at Broadfoot told me that was DHL's fault.....Yeah right lady, it had my address on it.

Someone left them bad feedback because they didn't receive the 911 bumper covers...lol.
If you don't live here, I wouldn't do much business with them. They are well known as totally awful business people. They do awesome work, but can't add 2+2 if it comes in dollars. That "lady" is Broadfoots wife. This is why they don't have their old shop any more. Sad.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Default Time will tell

Hey guys...just posted a fairly large order addressing body parts for the RS project "finish up." Kelli seems to be cool, but time will tell, AND SO WILL I if the service sucks a$$. Also will post pics of the RS 951 when she gets out the shop presuming all the body parts arrive as scheduled.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The book on Albert and Kelli have been that they are the slowest of the slow, been like that around here for the years I've been here. I put a set of their brake coolling ducts on the track car but I got them from LR. Talked to Dave about how they were on delivery of parts - he can't even get parts to sell, as I got the last of the brake ducts he had. He has a market - it's a shame that they can't get organized.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:48 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

That's all it is, too. They are nice folks, and they are honorable, they just don't know how to run an efficien business. Locally they are well known for their honesty, and the quality of their work. They just over extend in an effort to fund the next expenditure. Maybe they are related to Danno?
Old 10-15-2005, 07:22 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Default Broadfoot

They built my PCA F class 951 and the quality of workmanship is great. I really had to stay on them to get what I wanted, and it took almost 18 months!

I generally don't order any parts from them because they usually get my order wrong. But.....they always send me the right stuff eventually, and they have never billed me for the extra shipping. They have always been very honest with me, but they are probably not the best business people around.

The attention to detail and the quality of work on my track car are really top notch. Albert built my car EXACTLY the way I wanted and for a very fair price. I wish that they were more reliable, because they have some innovative stuff.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

trackjunky, were at the DE in Feb or March at TWS, your wife was driving your car in Novice also...or do I have you confused with someone else? The Broadfoot engine did look great.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:22 PM
dnovak
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found this thread and I wanted to chime in on how much this company sucks. I ordered a GT2 Full Body kit in May of this year and it took 3 months to get half of it, When they did not ship the nose I was pissed, they told me it would go out in the mail that day. two weeks later it shows up. Keli was a pain in the *** to deal with, excuses , excuses. She told me that they would give me $200 back or some parts so I asked for a FPR and a injector piggy back controller, a month later and about 100 phone calls and nasty emails I finally got ahold of her by calling her on someone else's phone. Now I have the FPR which was a week later than she told me it would show up and still no piggy back controller. I WOULD STRONGLY STRONGLY ADVISE TO DEAL WITH SOME ONE ELSE BESIDES BROADFOOT RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
I even went as far as trying to report them to the Florida BBB.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:54 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Dear World,

The Better Business Bureau is NOT a government regulatory service. It is a paid membership organization. They have no power over anything at all. They are bought and paid for like any other trade organization. You will scare NO ONE by telling them that you are turning them in to the BBB.

That is all.

Oh, and Broadfoot sucks.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:49 PM
piperporsche180944
Burning Brakes

What is wrong with 951 vendors!!! Im buying a Corvette, skip this sketchy sht.....
Old 10-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You could try EMC in the UK instead:

http://www.emcmotorsport.co.uk/parts-shop/
Old 10-05-2011, 08:45 PM
thingo
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric_Oz_S2
You could try EMC in the UK instead:

http://www.emcmotorsport.co.uk/parts-shop/
How do you contact them, they never replied to my email?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:55 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

In this day of Porsche vendors going to hell, it's nice to know that you can call (or web) places like Lindsey Racing, Pelican, and Zim's to get the parts that you need. Sure, some of those "older" custom fab places made some really cool sh*t, but when you send money and get nothing in return, even the coolest sh*t is useless and extremely frustrating. I've had nothing but great service from Dave, Mike, and Traci at Lindset Racing, and I see no sign of that changing any time soon. Kirk at Zim's is always willing to go the extra mile, and being local, he has given me his cell # and told me to call any time on weekends if I get in a pinch. He has even offered to stash parts in the bushes outside so I can swing by and pick them up after they are closed... talk about going the extra mile!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:58 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by zerMATT951
I've had nothing but great service from Dave, Mike, and Traci at Lindsey Racing, and I see no sign of that changing any time soon.
Agreed!

Quick Reply: Broadfoot SUCKS!