Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rolex Partners Up With Vitesse Racing & Special Tool

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 08:33 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tedwright
Thanks to everyone for not taking advantage of my absence the last few days!! (Special thanks to Lart!!)

The only thing keeping this thread out of 'The Abyss' (it is not even worthy enough for OT!!) is the fact that there is going to be some 'On Topic' information added very soon.
What do you mean Ted, I told everyone how I gained 450wrhp. Wow, no respect. hee hee
Old 10-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks to everyone for not taking advantage of my absence the last few days!! (Special thanks to Lart!!)
Yeah, every now and then a nugget of real information would float to the surface.

Marc
Old 10-09-2005, 01:20 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
Yeah, everyone now and then a nugget of real information would float to the surface.

Marc
Marc, I appreciate you keeping an eye on things while I was away.

I owe ya one!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:23 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe, you should bring the 951 over to new england for a weekend. We can have a DFASTEST vs. Rolex vs. special tool shootout. I think a few people on this board would be interested in watching those videos!
That's a great idea Ted. But it's all in good fun though. And Ted if you can, see if you can make it down for the dyno runs. It would be nice to have you there with ST and me.

We need to bring a cam corder and a camera too. God knows if I beat Joe by that 1 RWHP, I want it on camera so we have "quantifiable data" for those who need to see it.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:23 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Drivability Update With Vitesse Racing Products

Well, I spent yesterday with Special Tool at his race shop & testing grounds. Unfortunately we weren't able to hit the dyno for several reasons. But once the new VR turbo, and hopefully Wasted Spark are on, we will be able to go in the near future. I'll keep everyone posted.

Anyway, I had the opportunity to see and drive my car since ST installed all the VR mods. First, the car starts, idles, accelerates, and spools up faster than it "EVER" did, period. You can blip the throttle and the responsiveness is incredible!! The car never stumbles, bogs, or hesitates at all. Even when downshifting and matching revs, the engine is better and more responsive. We even had the A/C on for hrs. too, and the car never stalled, and idled just perfect with 83 lb injectors - this is nuts! I am absolutely astonished at how incredible the car drives now. It is literally an entirely new car!! When we drove the car at a mere 14PSI, in 3rd gear at 80 MPH, we we're able to lite-up the tires and break the back loose. In the future, I seriously need to get wider rear tires. I'm not kidding at all, the car is frickin "incredibly" fast - take it from a former IMSA GTP Pro motor-scooter racer too.

My car never ever had all of these drivability traits when Lindsey gave me the car. When I received the car from them, the car ran well and was very fast. But little did I know that with the "optimal" EMS products, that the car would literally transform into a wild beast that it is now.

Without a doubt, I have to attribute this metamorphosis to the Vitesse Racing products and Special Tool's incredible tuning abilities. John, if you're reading this, let me tell you something, "you are the man" - bar none!! I am so grateful for working with you. Your customer service has been outstanding, and your products have surpassed all of my expectations, especially at this stage of the project. I look forward to working with both you and ST on completing this project, and extracting every single ounce of RWHP & TQ out of my car. Thanks again John!

Edit: I forgot to mention that we datalogged a few times. John's chipset is amazing, the damn thing was like 95/97% on the money out of the box. ST did some tuning in a few areas and got the A/F practically dead flat with the Zeitronix, amazing. Thanks ST & VR!!

Last edited by RolexNJ; 10-12-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:42 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rob, there's no reason why you shouldn't blow by my numbers with Vitesse and Tool on your car by at LEAST 50 whp. If you don't, I'd go get a gun permit and visit Lindsey. I know if I had the Vitesse products and Tool working on my car I'd be 100 whp more. I can't wait to see the dyno. Good luck...
Old 10-12-2005, 11:44 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
I'm not kidding at all, the car is frickin "incredibly" fast - take it from a former IMSA GTP Pro motor-scooter racer too.
, is this where we say told you so?
Old 10-12-2005, 11:56 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Rob, glad you like the drivability of your car. The goal here is not to post the highest HP/TQ numbers, but to have a nice powerband with a well mannered package. Before everyone starts shooting from the hip about how much power the car should or should not make, peak numbers are not what we are after. Rob wants a very responsive (less lag) car, that still makes good power. So in reality we want to shift his power curve to the left (or down the RPM scale), this is where the car will spend 90% of its life.

At the same time, the engine is holding up well, which is a credit to LR. Again, let's not make this into a VR vs. LR!!!! We, VR, came into the picture to do the best we can with what's there already!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:14 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by fast951
At the same time, the engine is holding up well, which is a credit to LR. Again, let's not make this into a VR vs. LR!!!! We, VR, came into the picture to do the best we can with what's there already!
That's right, John. Giving credit where it is due, LR did a great job building that engine. There were a few areas that had us scratching my heads, but I guess that is to be expected with a project of such huge undertaking. I will say that I was very impressed with the car.

John, your software took care of those areas that needed to be addressed and now your TURBO is going to take the car to the next level.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:31 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

This is totally unfair, I am so frikking pissed

Why do you guys in the east coast got the best tuners/vendors and we got stock with crap here in So cal. It's not fair I hate all of you, rolex, fast and tool.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:57 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
Rob, there's no reason why you shouldn't blow by my numbers with Vitesse and Tool on your car by at LEAST 50 whp. If you don't, I'd go get a gun permit and visit Lindsey. I know if I had the Vitesse products and Tool working on my car I'd be 100 whp more. I can't wait to see the dyno. Good luck...
Hi Joe, btw I took the liberty of designing a new avatar for you, please tell me if you like it?
Attached Images  

Last edited by lart951; 10-12-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:24 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lart951
Hi Joe, btw I took the liberty of designing a new avatar for you, please tell me if you like it?
Would you stop with these photos, you're frickin killing me!

Old 10-12-2005, 02:21 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hilarious, except that's the face I made while driving through your lovely town last month. Thought it was all the cows, then I realized it's where Lart lives...
Old 10-12-2005, 02:37 PM
ewainwright
Racer

All of you happy VR customers are really pissing me off. Great products with even better customer service and super running cars is more than I can take. Hey, I’ve got an ex-mother-in-law with an engine management system with some marginal chips that I would be more than happy to trade for ……
Old 10-12-2005, 03:05 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Wy couldnt you get on the dyno? Are you still doing a before and after run with the turbo change? Maybe plot boost so we can see the change in spool?

Quick Reply: Rolex Partners Up With Vitesse Racing & Special Tool