Rolex Partners Up With Vitesse Racing & Special Tool

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 11:05 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rolex Partners Up With Vitesse Racing & Special Tool

Well, I finally decided it was time. Time for me to take my car to the next few levels. So after months of research, conversations, and analyzing data, I finally contacted the man himself - VR! As of a few weeks ago, I developed a relationship with John and starting strategizing about my car and it's applications. We discussed the current set-up that Lindsey made for me, which most of you are aware of; especially from my web site. After a short duration, John came up with a total engine management system approach. He's very methodical and scientific about it as most of you already know. We would now be doing what I would call as Stage 1. At this stage, my goal was to get a matched set of 83 lb. injectors, a properly calibrated MAF, a custom 3.0L MAF chip set, and of course the SMT6 too. I purchased all my products, and received them very promptly. John was just fabulous. He was very responsive to my emails and was very receptive and helpful on the phone too.

Now, all I needed was a top-notch installer/tuner of the VR products. So who came to mind? None other than the infamous Special Tool! ST and I be-friended eachother and have been talking ever since, along with the master-mind himself, John. This has been nothing but a total team approach. So I loaded up the car with all my new goodies, and was heading to ST's location. He lives in a place called "dyno", where ever the hell that is God only knows. Anyway, the car is currently in the trustful hands of ST, sitting in his incredibly designed workshop. You have to see this place, it's totally state of the art. I think Rousch Racing would be jealous as hell! To date, ST's installed the brand new VR chip set/board, the MAF, the 83 lb. injectors, and the big-momma 750+ BHP Bosch fuel pump. He's going to also install the new Lindsey Racing injector harness. I haven't been up there to see, hear, or ride in the car since I dropped it off. But ST has started the car and says the idle is just perfect. When this Stage 1 package is done, I can give everyone some feedback as to how the car was before and after the upgrades. So that's Stage 1 of my VR & ST project.

The next step is Stage 2. I am having John build me a custom Stage 5 VR turbo. In conjunction, I hope to have his new Wasted Spark system that he advertises on the web site. But first, we will tune and then dyno with just the Stage 1 products to get a base-line. Then after that, we will install the VR turbo, and hopefully the Wasted Spark unit too, tune a bit more and then hit the dyno again. I can then give my account of how the car feels with these Stage 2 mods from my butt dyno. But moreso, after we do the Stage 2 install and have results, we should have all the "empirical data" that we need. It will be very interesting to see how the results come out.

So that's it for now. This was just a teaser post, as I said I can't claim anything yet other than what I said. I just wanted everyone to know that RolexNJ is ready to make some "big power!" And as my new signature says, "Santa Claus came early and with tons of awesome goodies!" I will keep everyone posted as we progress in this VR project. Stay tuned...

Last edited by RolexNJ; 04-18-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:15 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who is Vitesse Racing and this this 'special tool' that you speak of?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:17 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by tedwright
Who is Vitesse Racing and this this 'special tool' that you speak of?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:38 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Congratulations to the three of you. Actually I knew about the whole thing Lutjen had email me earlier with a picture of the meeting.
Attached Images  
Old 09-29-2005, 11:39 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lart951
Congratulations to the three of you. Actually I knew about the whole thing Lutjen had email me earlier with a picture of the meeting.
Now that photo is as funny as hell! Cool!

Old 09-29-2005, 11:39 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

This is going to be interesting. I'll make the popcorn.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:46 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
This is going to be interesting. I'll make the popcorn.
Don't you live close to him? If so, go and check out that kick-*** garage and all the xylene that's just sitting there too.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good news (for me as well), now I can "borrow" your map . I just started my 3.0L project and was hoping that someone would beat me to the punch on the stage V. My last motor build up cost me a new kitchen, a new kid, and 2 new bathrooms so I've been trying to buy everything for this one "under the wife's radar". She'a not as big of a Vitesse fan as I am.

Good luck and be careful around the tool, I hear he gets a bit frisky when people are bending over cars.......
Old 09-29-2005, 11:49 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

That's funny Lart. Who are the guy's in the back? TT an John.

BTW Rolex. ST told me he needed medical attention after he received 3rd degree sunburn from working under the hood of your car. Is this true?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:55 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Good news (for me as well), now I can "borrow" your map . I just started my 3.0L project and was hoping that someone would beat me to the punch on the stage V. My last motor build up cost me a new kitchen, a new kid, and 2 new bathrooms so I've been trying to buy everything for this one "under the wife's radar". She'a not as big of a Vitesse fan as I am.

Good luck and be careful around the tool, I hear he gets a bit frisky when people are bending over cars.......
Very cool, another 3.0L project, good luck to you too! And ST does get frisky too, especially when he sees alot of xylene around him, its like cat-nip. I was planning on bringing him like 100 gallons of it, but the dude may have a heart-attack. You see, I have an "unlimited" supply of that go go juice.

Old 09-30-2005, 12:29 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

good luck, I can't wait to see the power you make.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:41 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
That's funny Lart. Who are the guy's in the back? TT an John.

BTW Rolex. ST told me he needed medical attention after he received 3rd degree sunburn from working under the hood of your car. Is this true?
Yup, it's true. There's to much "bling" in there for his squinty eyes!

black944 turbo: Thank you for the kind words, time will tell.

Old 09-30-2005, 12:44 AM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

maybe we will see close to 600hp this is going to get interesting....
Old 09-30-2005, 01:04 AM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looks like your car is in good hands. It'll be interesting to see the changes on your dyno charts. Good luck with your new Vitesse toys!

Vic

Last edited by Pauerman; 09-30-2005 at 01:29 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:09 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

johns a cool guy.
ive been to his house to pick up some rodbearings for a rebuild once.
he has the most gorgeous black 911 in the garage. droooool. and a cool bigass german shephard! woof!

Quick Reply: Rolex Partners Up With Vitesse Racing & Special Tool