Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rennlist Top 10 HP/TQ

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 01:32 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good work Bob, glad you got the camera thing working!
Old 08-20-2005, 08:08 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

458 on a MUSTANG load dyno and 2200 pounds.........remind me not to go to New Mexico.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:17 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Strong numbers there Bob !!!!

Good to see her on the track
Old 08-21-2005, 01:36 AM
Bob Patterson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few build details

Ted: I'll share a few build details. Got most of this stuff used - just watching, waiting to pick up what I could, when I could. High capacity fuel pump, rising rate regulator, 73 lb injectors, mild shop porting of intake manifold, stock throttle body, web cam, lightened, knife-edged crank (courtesy of Scott Gomes), lightened flywheel, Spec six puck clutch, deleted balance shafts, fully balanced rotating assembly (with stock rods and pistons). Twin Staub oil coolers, 3 quart accusump, distributorless ingnition, Accell DIS ignition, PRS-8 engine management system, quad coil, somewhat special TEC turbo, B&B headers, modifed intercooler on intake side to open things up, Tial wastegate, 3" exhaust. Supermounts under the engine; everything else is solid. G-44 transaxle, Bilsteins with some rather stiff spring rates;, 993TT big reds front and rear (cyro, slotted / cross drilled rotors); tilton dual master cylinder, driver controlled brake bias, etc... a rather silly passion, really. And a two plus year effort we're still sorting out - lots of little issues this first year, and a few fairly signifcant rookie mistakes.. Someday maybe I'll figure out how to drive it fast.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:39 AM
Bob Patterson
Addict
Rennlist Member

And I have to add, with a lot of help with a guy who's now in Florida, Rob Meehan, who runs a pretty neat street 951, and as an engineer helped me figure out a lot of things. And of course Bruce McReynolds of Santa Fe, who spent countless hours drinking that non-alcoholic beer and scraping undercoat...you gotta love guys that'll wade in. These two are priceless. Bob
Old 08-22-2005, 04:13 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

"Put that into the mix that the Army Air Core was using water injection over 50 years ago!!!!!!! to aid in the performance of thier supercharged planes....think about it "

Wow! They were too? I thought only the Army AIr Corps was doing that.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice to see it working Bob….did you ever manage to get the good fuel smuggled out of the gate at work???!!!

Next time I am out in Santa Fe we will have to get together!

Chris White
Old 08-27-2005, 07:20 PM
LindseyR
AutoX

I recently rejoined Rennlist and wish to say hello to the 951 community. I know many of you already through my business and I am looking forward to a ‘friendly’ exchange of information.

This is the first of two dyno charts that I will be posting, this one being our ongoing street project car. The LR gang was busy on the dyno today with both this car as well as Wes's. Look for him to add his new chart shortly.

In a week or so I will add our race car dyno chart to the list too. If you have any specific questions regarding this post, please email me directly. I will be glad to discuss this car in detail. A detailed outline of the components in this engine will be available on our web sight as well as on RKD’s forum.

This car is an 88 turbo S 2.5 liter
LR Stage III head w/solid lifters
LR Super Series Turbo
LR 4” Exhaust
72 pound injectors
Factory DME and LR Street Chips

They dyno run was performed on a DynoJet and the boost level was at 23 pounds.

Mike Lindsey

Old 08-27-2005, 07:29 PM
special tool
Banned

Mike - very nice sheet.

Something tells me that we are finally going to see what the 951 is capable of in the coming year, or so.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:30 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Holy Cow! That's some crazy numbers for a 2.5L! If I'm not mistaken, you just took over the number 1 spot on the 2.5L list? Excellent job to everyone at Lindsey!!

It looks like I need to get my upgrades soon and get back in the game!

Old 08-27-2005, 07:36 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Holy Cow! That's some crazy numbers for a 2.5L! If I'm not mistaken, you just took over the number 1 spot on the 2.5L list? Excellent job to everyone at Lindsey!!

It looks like I need to get my upgrades soon and get back in the game!

You are mistaken, he is not a member.

Mike, once you get your membership paid up, I will change the list, Dave Lindsey said you were already a paid up member, not sure why you had to recreate a handle... good to have you here anyways..
Old 08-27-2005, 08:27 PM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The user status shown on messages do not necessarily reflect membership status. I was a fully paid up member and my status changed to guest for no apparent reason. I had to contact the authorities to get it corrected.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:29 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Yup, I had the same issue, but until it appears, my hands are tied I am afraid. I am slightly confused since Dave said a few months ago that Mike was a paid up member...
Old 08-27-2005, 09:12 PM
LindseyR
AutoX

Thanks Rob, SpTool. I aggree, the 951 is going to get some long overdue recognition in the Porsche circles. I have been a member of PCA for over 20 years now and have been driving a 930 for the past 16 years. It was hard for even me to swallow my air cooled pride and admit what these cars had in them.

We are almost done with a few new upgrades to our GT3 racecar. We will blow the dust off it next week and get it to the dyno too, all I will say for now is watch out, that engine has all this one does and more.

Regarding my member ship, it is a simple and stupid story. When I last joined, I resgistered under my name, but I used my wife's credit card to pay for it. ( It had the lower credit limit and I felt safer using it online.) When the card came in the mail, the membership was in her name rather than mine. I simply never bothered to get it corrected. When I decided to sign back up, I figured I would make sure it didn't happen again. I will email Jen on Monday and make sure she gets things squared away for me on the active member status.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:28 PM
stewardx
Instructor

Went back to the Dyno this morning with a new turbo and 4 inch exhaust. Still has stock rebuilt head. Pull was done at 20 pounds.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Rennlist Top 10 HP/TQ