Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rennlist Top 10 HP/TQ

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005 | 08:27 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes - this is true about MAHA - also reads much lower than Dynojet.
Old 08-06-2005 | 03:50 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RKD in OKC
How about put in some model airplane engine fuel in for those peak hp runs. It is a mixture of nitro and alcohol. Sure made my old weed eater run like mad and it needed a ring job something fierce.

hahahaha
Old 08-08-2005 | 01:00 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

This is my last dyno run. May dyno day at Devek. 21 psi through stock airbox and cat. Best run of 333 rwhp and 324 tq. The first run (on left) I let off early.

Last edited by Bill; 08-08-2005 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-08-2005 | 01:37 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, Bill. I would assume that is not stock set up though.

Get the stock airbox and cat out and get some more!!!
Old 08-08-2005 | 01:43 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

toddk911,

This is my "pass Ca smog" setup. Definately not stock though, with much help from Guru Racing.
Old 08-08-2005 | 06:08 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

I guess you have GURU mods to get to those numbers??
Old 08-08-2005 | 07:30 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

2.5 80,000 mi.
Garrett BB T04E

Guru
"Stealth" MAF kit
custom programed chipset
55lb injectors

Lindsey
Headwork
Stage II intercooler

Tial wastegate
ARC II piggyback
Apexi AVCR EBC
Ceramic coated exhaust
Bosch motorsport fuel pump
3 bar FPR
Wide fire/O-ring
Forge BOV
Zeitronix WBO2/Boost/EGT
NGK Irridium
100 octaine race gas
Centerforce clutch
Lightened Flywheel

Last edited by Bill; 08-09-2005 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-08-2005 | 10:23 PM
Under Pressure Performance
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Special Tool,

Just following up on your scheduled dyno day today - How'd it go? Hope all went well and you got the results you were looking for. Based on the information you provided, I am guessin g you are looking to make roughly 528.64 RWHP and 490.56 RWTQ. This assumes, of course, that the DynoJet figures will read 12% higher than the results you achieved on the Mustang dyno - 472WHP / 438TQ.

Those would be *great* numbers from a true 2.5L - In fact, it would be among the highest horsepower and certainly the most torque I have seen from a 2.5L in quite a while. Which brings me to a couple of questions... What is the compression ratio of your engine? Mathematically, it must be pretty high and I am assuming you made your runs on race fuel as 530 RWHP/490 RWTQ (DynoJet figures) is a LOT of power and torque from a stock stroke/stock bore 2.5L - Which brings me to a question... Is your engine *really* a 2.5L?

I ask for two reasons...

First, because mathematically to make 490 RWTQ from a 2.5L is quite an achievement regardless of boost pressure, let alone.9 bar, 18 PSI, or whatever the boost pressure is that you made your runs at.

Second, your figures almost indicate larger displacement as they are relatively high figures and are relatively close together, which gives some insight into the RPM where the power and torque take place, and these figures lend to larger displacement, or high compression ratios.

Beside the reasons listed above, I have one other thing that makes me wonder about the displacement of your engine. Actually my curiosity stems from a conversation from a person that you indicate in an earlier post. I was reminded of that conversation that took place at Lime Rock with a friend of yours that stated that your engine was not a 2.5L, I think he said it was a 2.9L (or 3.0L) He went on to tell us that you made this power at .9 bar of boost. Is he misinformed? - I am jujst trying to get a clear picture of what displacement you have and at what boost pressure this power was made.

Figured the best way to get the straight answer was right from the source.

Again, I hope all went well today at the dyno - Looking forward to your results.
Old 08-08-2005 | 10:32 PM
special tool
Banned

No, the dyno shop had to cancell. We were informed in the get-together thread.
We are shooting for 2 Saturdays from today.

I am using 100% stock 951 block, pistons, rods, balance shafts and crank.
My meticulousness with details and tuning borders on obsession - and I have a turbocharger from another planet.

Also - speaking of torque - the next run after the 472/431 run produced a mustang dyno torque figure of 451 with 1 psi more boost, but a very slight drop of HP, from heatsoak. John@ Vitesse has all data and graph sheets.

Last edited by special tool; 08-08-2005 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-08-2005 | 11:53 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Under Pressure Performance
Beside the reasons listed above, I have one other thing that makes me wonder about the displacement of your engine. Actually my curiosity stems from a conversation from a person that you indicate in an earlier post. I was reminded of that conversation that took place at Lime Rock with a friend of yours that stated that your engine was not a 2.5L, I think he said it was a 2.9L (or 3.0L) He went on to tell us that you made this power at .9 bar of boost. Is he misinformed? - I am jujst trying to get a clear picture of what displacement you have and at what boost pressure this power was made.

Hey again.

First off, his buddy (the fat kid with the old guy) was me (aka the fat kid). I remember the conversation very very well. I told you my "friend" (never ONCE said his name) maid 450+ hp on a mustang dyno. You asked how did he do that and i responded saying 24 psi. You and your race friend laughed and found it hard to belive that a 951 could run over 18 psi but i was indeed being serious. I never ONCE said he had maid the motor larger than stock size.

But just because you were miss informed he is getting that power out of a 2.5 with stock pistons, crank and what not. I am sorry you misunderstood me but i do not remember saying that he maid his motor larger, i do remember telling you though that i had planned on making my motor larger so maybe you got those two confused.

-Ian
Old 08-09-2005 | 12:01 AM
ZV
Racer

Originally Posted by TurboX
Hey again.

First off, his buddy (the fat kid with the old guy) was me (aka the fat kid). I remember the conversation very very well. I told you my "friend" (never ONCE said his name) maid 450+ hp on a mustang dyno. You asked how did he do that and i responded saying 24 psi. You and your race friend laughed and found it hard to belive that a 951 could run over 18 psi but i was indeed being serious. I never ONCE said he had maid the motor larger than stock size.

But just because you were miss informed he is getting that power out of a 2.5 with stock pistons, crank and what not. I am sorry you misunderstood me but i do not remember saying that he maid his motor larger, i do remember telling you though that i had planned on making my motor larger so maybe you got those two confused.

-Ian
Dear god in heaven please learn the difference between "maid" (a household servant) and "made" (produced or constructed). Accurate or not (I am in no position to judge the veracity of your statements) your post is incredibly painful to read.
Old 08-09-2005 | 12:04 AM
warpedrotor
Advanced

Default lightspeed

I cant imagine how much power your car would make on race gas and 21lbs of boost, hey why not lighten the crank and do some head work while your at it. Just imagine if you increased your boost by 6lbs your car would make almost 560ft/lbs of torque - now combine that with the turbo from another planet and I would say your ready for hyperspace.

By the way when are you going to post any dyno sheets from this planet or any other?

may the force be with you

Last edited by warpedrotor; 08-09-2005 at 05:04 AM.
Old 08-09-2005 | 12:06 AM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

ZV

Was that really needed??

Dear god in heaven, thats why he created Private messages.
Old 08-09-2005 | 12:16 AM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by warpedrotor
I cant imagine how much power your car would make on race gas and 21lbs of boost, hey why not lighten the crank and do some head work while your at it. Just imagine if you increased your boost by 6lbs your car would make almost 560ft/lbs of torque - now combine that with the trubo from another planet and I would say your ready for hyperspace.

By the way when are you going to post any dyno sheets from this planet or any other?

may the force be with you

umm the dyno sheet has been posted.
Old 08-09-2005 | 12:33 AM
warpedrotor
Advanced

I must have overlooked the dyno sheet but fellow earthlings here is a ?

I notice in special tools signature he quotes the horsepower and torque figures at one bar of boost, but "the fat kid" stated in his post that less power was made at 24psi.

Holy boost pressure batman what gives.

Quick Reply: Rennlist Top 10 HP/TQ