Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Huge turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 12:29 AM
J Chen
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're looking into the TO4E only, may
I suggest that you go for the "Super 50 Trim" ?
This is a far more efficient compressor than the
57 trim in terms of overall performance & it does
not give up anything much in the top end either.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:30 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

double post
Old 03-25-2005, 03:32 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by DivineE
Cheers for the info on the turbo. I live in the UK so not sure on left hand drive Skylines. Skylines are reputably not as quick as 944 turbo's anyway so no need to panic. The Skyline has power delivery all at 5000rpm onwards with bugger all torque! I know a guy with a Skyline running 980hp (at the flywheel) and less than 300ft/lb of torque! (yes his car revs to about 11,500rpm!) at the drag strip against a good driver you don't stand a chance but put in the real world, driving on the road the massive low end torque of the 951 just leaves them. I'v seen them struggling to pickup then wham! Massive power for about 3seconds with no traction and they have to change up!!

Ben
Ummm you have no idea what you are talking about. Move along people
Old 03-25-2005, 03:38 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Ummm you have no idea what you are talking about. Move along people

Yeah does not seem all that accruate.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:08 AM
J Chen
Drifting

A properly modded Skyline is one hell
of a mother. Goes for the Supra too.
As long as you're not going overboard
with big turbos, they'll eat the 951 for
breakfast. The King of Skyline mod is
the OS Giken 3L conversion. How does
10,000 reliable rpm sound ? Parts for
the 3L conversion alone cost USD 20,000.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:09 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J Chen
A properly modded Skyline is one hell
of a mother. Goes for the Supra too.
As long as you're not going overboard
with big turbos, they'll eat the 951 for
breakfast. The King of Skyline mod is
the OS Giken 3L conversion. How does
10,000 reliable rpm sound ? Parts for
the 3L conversion alone cost USD 20,000.
For the sake of this post, forget the prices that go into mods and the value of the car. With that out of the way, i think you should read DFASTEST951's post when he raced a Skyline and a Supra

I should also note that you people should look at supercharged 928's, again not talking cost but "properly tuned" you'd be suprised that at 455Bhp what those V8's can do (this is an example!!).
Old 03-25-2005, 07:55 AM
special tool
Banned

Hosrom - I am not flaming you, but THIS is a VERY flammable post. I think NZ is going to give you a smack-down for it.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:56 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

well for one hos defasts race with the badass 700hp supra or whatever. He was on pump gas. I dont care if your car is 500lbs lighter 486whp isint going to run with 700+whp. Sorry. There is alot of misinformation around mostly from people who have little to no understanding of the skyline or supra. Sorry but, a full bolt on skyline is one ****ing insane ride around the road course drag strip and street. I know of 6 here in dallas and know of two on a personal level. Neither of the two I know are GTR's just one GTS and one GT(single turbo not twin) and with some mods they are making great power rev to 7.5-8k and have tq like a freight train(remember more displacement)

Most people dont own a GTR even if they do own a skylne. A r32,33,34 GTR is was serious ****ing ride. 800+whp on stock short blocks with a plenty stout driventrain Here come 1.6 60ft's at the strip and has countless grip around the turns.

I think so many people think their car is god. Whatever it may be. It doesnt matter what you are comparing your car to...you find away to tell yourself your car is a better performer. Our 951's are great cars and for the money can't be beat. BUt, dont kid yourself and think that a bolt on 951 is anywhere near the capabilties of a bolt on skyline.

The 300tq comment was a riot. I take it he has never seen a skyline dyno before. They make freight train tq. 3.0lt twin turbos along with 4 valves per cylinder and varible timming on the newer ones might have something to do with the numbers. It aint brain surgery. The 968 turbo S cars were beasts too. Now try and think of a 968 turbo modded with 4 wheel drive....now you are getting the picture.

Last edited by porshhhh951; 03-25-2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:58 AM
special tool
Banned

Hos - see what I mean??
I forgot about John
Old 03-25-2005, 08:01 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

I aint trying to flame the poor kid but, jesus. I think when it comes to real jap muscle most people on this board dont know crap.

They think about civic's and integra's. They dont remember japs have been rally and road racing for years.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:07 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Next their will be a post where someone is talking a diablo or some ****. You will hear...well they aren't all that impressive...yada yada yada. Our car's can take them with just x amount of dollers. they really arent all that great.

Then someone will mention the enzo. Oh yeah well our car's can beat them in yada yada yada. and I have seen yada yada yada. If I could type what I really want to say I would prolly get banned. I will keep my mouth shut. The mis information on what seems to be the jap muscle struggle with ego is truely a joke and people need to understand there are plenty of cars all around the world that are serious performers....I dont care where they came from....and some our better than our 951's.

951 vs X car. I await the next thread and stupid retorts. The 951 can never loose! it is god! Let us all bow down in awe of the greatest car that will ever live and nothing can beat it. You have 4 valves per cylinder....well hell I will change my head. You have a bigger turbo well....I will just get a new one. You have more displacement...well I will just buy a new motor. It just go's on and freggin on forever.

I guess I need to step down off my rant box People's perception of things sometimes is just really funny.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Helstrm
Pro

Originally Posted by NZ951
If you need a chip combo with MAF if you dont go MAP standalone, then try Vitesse, he makes custom chips with his MAF's.
If I go with the lindsey setup I will get the mafterburner and with the Huntley I am thinking ARC2.....

Who knows. These things can chip away at a budget pretty quick..
Old 03-25-2005, 09:15 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, i never said the 951 is "god" and it would beat any car out there. That rennlister stated what he experienced and i belive him (to a point) but not the full story.

I have been to the track a few times where there were a few claimed "500+hp" supras and ****. Now, i never came close to them when my car was stock (220Bhp obviously) but there were a few times i over-taken several claimed "350Bhp" Supras here for a fact on my way home from the track, one of which was my neighbours Supra (which now has a claimed 630Bhp on stock block or so, and NO i didn't race him at all now).

But you do have a point John about comparing the cars with exotics out there (Diablos, Enzo's etc) which is just plain stupid (heck do a search on google and you can download some videos of cars racing and stuff LOL).

End of the day, i really dom't care just how much power i am putting down on my car, nor comparing it to others. As long as there is a big *** smile on my face from enjoying the car, i would be more than satisfied (especially here when there are just a handful of 951's in the country).
Old 03-25-2005, 09:26 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

hos not to be rude but, seriously you have no idea. Your basing your opinion over what you hear people say. What so and so has "claimed" You are welcome to think whatever but, dont post some crap about a supercharged 928 wtf does that have to do with anything at all!

The you bring up defasts 951. You obviously have never actually been around a modded supra or skyline. Having a neighbor that has one doesnt mean much if you dont know his setup or anything about it.

If he really does have the power you claim....try and run him see wtf happens. I would love to see you run a modded skyline around the road course. Do you honestly think your car would even stand a chance against one driven with a decent driver?

Who knows why you are passing supras at your track. Maybe the drivers suck. Maybe they are stock. Maybe they arent but, are new to track driving and are taking it easy. Who the hell knows. You obvisouly dont know much about them anyways...so why post up trying to compare them to some other car?

Ignorant posts are just that ignorant. I would be more than happy to relay stories,dyno charts,videos, and any personal knowledge I contain in dealing with the car you post so much about.

I have come to the conclusion you dont really know much about them. Please stop posting "claimed" this and that. Go ride in a intake/exhuast/dp/BCC(1k in mods) supra on pump gas and 16psi. He will make double the power you are at the same boost level....then upgrade the fuel system put in some race gas dial it up and make 500+.

There are so many guys around here running the old T series turbos on pump gas making mid 500's and driving their cars daily it pains me to think you really just have never been around one.

Why oh why cant we just get off the subject. Next time someone brings up supras or skylines....just dont try and compare them to anything if you know nothing about them......please
Old 03-25-2005, 09:45 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

it pains me to think you really just have never been around one.

Why oh why cant we just get off the subject. Next time someone brings up supras or skylines....just dont try and compare them to anything if you know nothing about them......please
John, I don't believe you. I think your fool of crap.. J/K hee hee

No seriously, Let us know how you really feel about Horsrom, but your killing this tread dude.. post a new one on Horsrom only, if you want.

Quick Reply: Huge turbo