Feeler: Be Cool!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 03:55 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Madant26x
Why doesn't someone call Scotty and get a list of the people who have still not given their credit card information? That way we can post those names up in a new thread and maybe then they will get their act together? Sorry I can't do it --> I'm at work right now. There's no way that everyone who commited should not be calling RIGHT NOW, Bill did too much work for this to happen!
I am one of the "bums", sorry.... life happens and I can't pull the trigger at the moment.

If there has to be a deadline of today then I have to back out, couple weeks and I should be good to go.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's ok david. things happen out of our control.

also, i found that crazy eddie's remarks were rather distasteful. i put my order in today because i told scotty weeks ago i would be ordering the first or second day of june. does that make me a bum for not "growing up" and "getting my act together?" get off your damn high horse already. if you're so eager to have the rest of the radiators bought, buy them yourself. **** happens. every radiator is made on a build to order basis. original estimates before this thread really took off were for 30 or so radiators. there's not some hardcore pressed need to make 45. 36 have already been bought. if the others decide to buy then that's great and more power to them, but if not, then it's not your place to criticize them.

there's no need to criticize rennlisters for not being able to buy them. yes they committed, but as said before, **** happens.

june 15th is the last day for the buy, so stop jumping on everyone's backs until later.

and once again, thank you so much bill for organizing this.

Last edited by Jake 944CS; 06-03-2005 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Madant26x
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I never called anyone a Bum, and I never intended for my post to read like that. But I did forget about the June 15th deadline and Crazy Eddie got me thinking it was today. Anyway, I realize **** happens, but there are still 9 people who haven't ordered which is 20% of the order, that's no small number. I just hope that everyone who commited is able to buy one, or give Bill a good reason for not doing so. Again, not trying to criticize, just trying to light a fire under some asses!
Old 06-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

thanks for the clarification dan. i too hope the order is filled as planned.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:04 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow! I never realized John D. has hired the 951 mafia. Guess I'll get my order in ASAP as I don't want my legs broken!
Old 06-03-2005, 06:13 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

So if the "stiffies" don't show up with the dough, when can the rest of us slackers with cash in hand scarf up the leftovers??

In other words, could I get in on the group buy in the place of one of the folks who didn't show up for the party?
Old 06-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Thanks Jake...exactly what I was thinking.

I was considering passing as well, only because "**** has happened" but I want that damn radiator 'cause I know I'll need it in the future. So, my credit card takes a beating...again. At least I'll have a nice rectangle of aluminum to cuddle with
Old 06-03-2005, 10:48 PM
simmomi
Pro

Originally Posted by MichelleJD
Wow! I never realized John D. has hired the 951 mafia. Guess I'll get my order in ASAP as I don't want my legs broken!
Yeah, careful Michelle. Guido the killer pimp might be knocking on your door soon!

J/K all...
Old 06-04-2005, 07:50 AM
pieball
Racer

I'll be placing my order on Mon. as there was no need to part with my money prematurely for a part that isn't broken. Price has been the same since the initial 10 people right???
Old 06-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Gentlemen and Ladies,

We are all friends here on the rennlist.

Changes in life are understandable. As with anything, communication is the most important thing. If your situation changes, you need an extension of time or can not make the purchase, send me a PM. No need to chastise or make an unforceen situation public.

On Monday I will call Scotty and go over the remaining orders. I will attempt to make contact and re-confirm the pending orders. If committed orders become available, I will contact those that express interest and were too late to get in on the buy. If you are interested, like f1rocks, please post and I will start a list.

Griffin has given us a great product for a better than great price. They have been great to deal with. With this group buy growing to the magnitude that it did, I expected a few bumps. I will work through this to the satisfaction of all.

The prototype radiator has performed flawless. It has kept the additional heat load generated from my 335 rwhp in complete check. At the Devek Dyno Day, three dyno pulls at the full boost (22psi) with only a small fan to move air, my temp gauge never moved above the first mark. Yesterday it was 86 degrees here in Northern California, and during a spirited three hour drive through the mountains, my temp gauge needle sayed rock solid on the first line. I could not be happier with my Griffin Radiator.

I would like to thank John D and us, the members of rennlist. Without either, these fantastic group savings would not be possible.

Last edited by Bill; 06-05-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! I never realized John D. has hired the 951 mafia.
To avoid any confusion, I will clarify.

John D has no participation in this group buy. He did not start the group buy, I did. Nor has he had a hand in guiding the group buy, I have done this. John D's only stamp on this group buy has been:

1. He created this great forum for us all to enjoy and benifit from.
2. He said "yes" when I asked if I could use this forum as a vehicle for a group purchase.

Other than the above, I am not even certain that he has even read or followed this post. For a group buy to be successful, it is soley up to the participating members to make it so. Commitment, Honesty and Follow Through are paramount.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:51 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

The comment was made in reference to the rude derogatory responses about some listers being deadbeats or bums. There is NO confusion. There is also no right for someone to berate other rennlist members for not having money. It's insulting and intolerant. I was raised without a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of. I'm glad there are people here that are quite successful and able to drop large amounts of money on things they don't need. But to flaunt the arrogance of that success by belittling others is wrong. If someone can't afford it, they can't afford it.

John D runs this 'list. He and his appointed moderators have the power to make people do things and abide by the rules. My post was meant as sarcasm to "who died and made you boss." I NEVER insinuated that John D had anything to do with this or has participated at all. It was to reinforce his dominion over this site.

When I ordered from Scotty we had a nice chat (on his dime, he called me back) and I never got the feeling that there was anything remiss or untoward with this GB. Actually, he seemed quite pleased with how it was proceeding. The deadline is June 15. Layoff until it's upon us.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:29 PM
pieball
Racer

Here, here!
Old 06-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

If (when) I need a lawyer Michelle...You're my gal!
Old 06-05-2005, 10:38 PM
tconn
Three Wheelin'

Quick Reply: Feeler: Be Cool!