Feeler: Be Cool!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 08:54 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,

You should be able to use the hardware that you already have. There's no need to replace it, unless it's rusted or damaged. There may be a few hose clamps that you might wish too replace, based on your own inspection, but any NAPA, or PEP Boys will have all of the nuts bolts and washers. If you need further, I'll try and write them all down for you sometime this weekend. Let me know. None of it is special stuff. E
Old 07-24-2005, 12:26 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by simmomi
Michelle/anyone who's swapped theirs already,
My car's going in the shop Monday. Darn thing overheated on me yesterday, and looks like I've got a leak somewhere (got antifreeze running underneath the car), so sounds like a good time to do the radiator.

I'm picking up the rubber bushings from Porsche on Monday, but I need to get the new bolts you guys mentioned. Can someone please tell me EXACTLY what bolts I need to buy (size, length, etc)? And, what type material should they be - stainless?

Thanks for the help...
I put all new M6's in mine. Don't remember the length, but they were short; 10-20mm?
Old 07-26-2005, 02:01 AM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

still waiting. has everyone besides me received theirs?
Old 07-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Jake,

I do not understand why you have not received your radiator yet. Did you call and pay for your order? If you did not then a radiator would not be shipped. Or billing problems, or lost information, or shipping issues, or you waited too long and the run sold out, could be a lot of things. Call Scotty at Griffin. He is a straight shooter and will help. Here is his contact information.

Griffin Radiators

Phone #: 1 (800) 722-3723
Fax#: (864) 845-5001
E-mail: ssullivan@griffinrad.com

From all other posts, it appears that yours is the only glitch. Not bad for the 50 individual orders that made up our group buy. But as always, communication is best. Call Scotty at Griffin.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

actually i called up today. it was delivered to a backup address of mine about a month ago. that address at the post office was supposed to send confirmation but they never did.

i called the post office once two weeks ago and they said it hadn't been delivered and i just called now and they said that it IS there. i shall go bitch at them today and give them a piece of my mind.

but griffin was awesome! no fault of theirs whatsoever! thanks again bill!

Quick Reply: Feeler: Be Cool!